1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Teams for Sunday

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by tookey, Sep 27, 2011.

1. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,243 / 131
    Manly team: Brett Stewart, Michael Robertson, Jamie Lyon (capt), Steve Matai, Will Hopoate, Kieran Foran, Daly Cherry-Evans, Joe Galuvao, Matt Ballin, Brent Kite, Anthony Watmough, Tony Williams, Glenn Stewart. Interchange: Shane Rodney, Jamie Buhrer, Vic Mauro, George Rose, Darcy Lussick, Tim Robinson (two to be omitted)

Warriors team: Kevin Locke, Bill Tupou, Lewis Brown, Krisnan Inu, Manu Vatuvei, James Maloney, Shaun Johnson, Sam Rapira, Aaron Heremaia, Jacob Lillyman, Feleti Mateo, Simon Mannering (capt), Micheal Luck. Interchange: Lance Hohaia, Russell Packer, Ben Matulino, Elijah Taylor, Steve Rapira (one to be omitted).

2. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    Real toss up whether we keep Mauro in there or give Lussick a run. IMO Lussick is the more devastating of the two, but we have gotten here off the back of hard work from Mauro

3. Gumby

Gumby Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Pleased to see T-rex start ahead of Rodney, he deserves it.

4. firechild

firechild Active Member

Ratings:
    +62 / 0
    Mauro probably deserves his spot more but I think Lussick would have more impact. I'm happy to see either get a run on Sunday but I think Lussick probably has the edge. In saying that, I suspect des will go with 1-17 leaving Lussick to rue what could have been had he not been suspended.

5. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,793 / 122
    It will be nothing to do with who deserves it.

The only issue is, will Lussick, who is very inexperienced at NRL level and hasn't played for a long time, be a better bet than Mauro, who has been playing week in week out and going very solidly indeed?

It's a tough call but I suspect Mauro might get the nod.

Luckily we have someone pretty smart making this decision.

6. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    Same...i would be going with Lussick but Mauro has more games up and Des puts more stock in experience.

7. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    No guarantee it'll happen that way on Sunday

8. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    I'd start with Rodney, with Rex on the bench. Has George shown enough over Lussick and Mauro? Choices, all good. Any player will do it for us. There's not a weakness. The Checchin factor weighs heavily on my thoughts.

9. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    Theres only two possible changes:

1) Rodney in Trex to bench
    2) Lussick bench Mauro to miss out

1 is more likely than two, but i dont think either will happen.

10. eagleE

eagleE Active Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0
    I would like to see Rodney start with Williams coming on at about the 30 min mark.
    I think Lussick is the better out of the rest. I do think that Des will give Mauro a go. They are both a bith like Choc with giving penalties away. Hope it doesn't happen this weekend.

11. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Does George do enough to warrant his bench spot? Lussick and Mauro are certainly mobile

12. Disco

Disco Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,233 / 37
    Im certain Rodney will start.

Lussick or Mauro.......................thats anyone's guess

13. voicefromthehill

voicefromthehill Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,235 / 9
    George will be in, not sure of this talk of who will Des give a go? You don't give someone a go in the gf you pick the best team!

14. Mybludog

Mybludog Active Member

Ratings:
    +57 / 0
    I think he'll start T-Rex.

Need some size out there to start with. Those Warrior forwards will be running at a 100 miles an hour early in the game

15. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,243 / 131
    It will be sad for whichever 2 players miss out as they all deserve to be in the team.

I just hope that the NRL give us 21 rings this year so that kingy.wolfie also get a ring