Team YART v Souths

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Chip and Chase said:
Rodo said:
Do we need another prop on the bench? We've been playing with 4 props so will we need another prop with Nood out?

I think you mean we have been playing with 5 props. BK, BJ, KingDog, Nood and Richie.

I suppose we can probably get away with 4, but they will all need to lift to pick up the slack left by Joe's absence. I don't think we have anyone capable of directly replacing what Joe brings, but I think the other 4 guys can certainly make up for him as they are ALL playing very good quality football. Having Gift back will maybe mean Choc can get a break at some point, meaning he can rip in for solid 30 minute bursts. Otherwise George may be in the frame.

Oops, yes you are right. Having 5 props has helped in getting us great yardage up the field and I'm jut a bit concerned that with only 4 it might be more difficult to dominate in this area.

4 props is stock standard for most clubs.

Bench 101 is:
Back up hooker
Backrower
prop
prop

This is what we will run with as well with the flexibility of playing buhrer as a backrower as well

I am surprised that we are so short priced at $1.65. Thought it'd be more like $1.91 a piece.

IMO Rose would go ok for a game here or there, he would go all out to try and get a regular spot or a contract be it here or elsewhere. A lot of players have trouble performing in lower grades but can lift for a big occasion, while not the best approach an astute coach can take full advantage of this. The fall back when they go back to lower grades is you need to maintain a standard in every game to be back in the top grade.

Clint said:
I am surprised that we are so short priced at $1.65. Thought it'd be more like $1.91 a piece.
Don't be surprised mate , all the good judges know that we will skin those rabbits alive at Brookvale Oval . Watch the Gift make an impact on his first game back in front of a good home crowd .

eagleE said:
I don't think that George fits Tooveys game plans of up tempo, in their faces, off the line very quickly defence.
George is surprisingly quick of the mark , i think his fitness may be more of an issue .

Someone needs to be told to aim at Reynolds every time he goes near the ball. His cross field kicks to Inglis always end well. He's the key to a Souths win. If we negate his influence, then we win......quite easily.

With our team of forwards playing like absolute champions, Gift should play NSW Cup and be made to force his way into our team.

Or maybe he could come off the bench and maybe rotate with Ferris.

Don't worry about the forwards it's the backs that are a concern now. Snake hamstring, Matai finger injury, Wolfman a back injury. We have no depth to cover backline losses like that, the rabbits will punch holes right through us if those 3 dont play. Farrar to fullback , Hiku wing and no idea who will play center.

lismore_fan said:
With our team of forwards playing like absolute champions, Gift should play NSW Cup and be made to force his way into our team.

Or maybe he could come off the bench and maybe rotate with Ferris.

Sorry mate but surely you are pulling our leg for a reaction.

Glenn Stewart is one of if not our most lethal attacking weapon. Him and Jamie down that right side of the field are the best in the game. While we have been winning well our attack has lacked the sharpness it once had because he has been missing.

Pretty simple if he's fit to play he wears 13 and starts.

As bones said. Glen Stewart came back from that massive suspension in 2011 to play in the grandfinal and win the Clive Churchill medal. No way he will play reserve grade. And you're off your head if you think he deserves that.

DSM5 said:
Someone needs to be told to aim at Reynolds every time he goes near the ball. His cross field kicks to Inglis always end well. He's the key to a Souths win. If we negate his influence, then we win......quite easily.

Reynolds is the key, particularly his chips out to his wingers. Our compressed style of defence is very vulnerable to that play. We need to keep constant pressure on him.

I expect the forwards to cancel each other out and our superior backs to get the job done, but I'm not at all confident.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8