Team V Titans

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Sea Eagles Team Line-up
Manly Sea Eagles
Tuesday, September 01, 2009
Sea Eagles Coach Des Hasler has named a 19 man squad to take on the Titans on Saturday evening. There will be a bumper crowd on hand to see the Sea Eagles cement their position in the top 8.

Jason King, Jamie Lyon and Shane Rodney have been ruled out with injury.

Sea Eagles NRL Team

1 Brett Stewart
2 Michael Robertson
3 Ben Farrar
4 Steve Matai
5 David Williams
6 Kieran Foran
7 Matt Orford (c)
8 Brent Kite
9 Matt Ballin
10 Josh Perry
11 Anthony Watmough
12 Chris Bailey
13 Glenn Stewart

Interchange
14 Heath L’Estrange
15 Adam Cuthbertson
16 George Rose
17 Glenn Hall
18 Vic Mauro
20 Jared Waerea-Hargreaves

Matthews back in frame for Sea Eagles clash
Adam Gardini
Tuesday, September 01, 2009
Young forward Will Matthews has been named to make his return to the Jetstar Gold Coast Titans line-up for Saturday night’s final round clash against Manly at Brookvale Oval.

The 21-year-old Kyogle kid, who played with the Tweed Heads Seagulls in the Queensland Cup semi-finals last weekend, has been promoted back into the top squad in the absence of injured forward Brad Meyers.

Titans forward Will Matthews
The in-form Meyers is battling a hand injury suffered in last weekend’s 36-24 win over the Wests Tigers at Skilled Park.

After making his first grade debut in 2008, Matthews has been a regular feature on the Titans’ interchange bench this season and is set to play his 14th NRL match for the year against Manly.

Fellow forward Selasi Berdie, who also played with the Seagulls last weekend, has been named on an extended five-man interchange bench.

Jetstar Titans coach John Cartwright said prop Luke Bailey was also in some doubt due to illness but a decision on his fitness would be made later in the week.

“Meyers has got a bit of a problem with his hand and Bailey has been pretty crook this week,'' said Cartwright.

"We’ll probably give Bailey a bit later in the week and see how he is.

“We’ll give him until the end of the week, he doesn’t really need to participate in any field sessions at the moment.

“It’s a good chance to freshen him up actually.’’

The Titans head to Sydney this weekend searching for their first win at Brookvale Oval having been beaten in the club's two visits to the ground to date.

Jetstar Gold Coast Titans v Manly
Brookvale Oval, 7.30pm
Saturday, September 5
1 Preston Campbell
2 Kevin Gordon
3 Sam Tagataese
4 Jordan Atkins
5 David Mead
6 Mat Rogers
7 Scott Prince ©
8 Luke Bailey ©
9 Nathan Friend
10 Matthew White
11 Anthony Laffranchi
12 Mark Minichiello
13 Ashley Harrison
Interchange
14 Michael Henderson
15 Will Matthews
16 Luke O’Dwyer
17 Josh Graham
19 Selasi Berdie
Coach John Cartwright

no use pushing Lyon back. The game doesnt matter a whole lot at this stage so I am happy to rest him

Nothing to get excited about with that line up. At least Tony Williams didn't make the extended squad. That is actually miraculous.

Despite last weekends result Saturday night should be a great night out. I'll do my bit for the team and get drunk on the hill. Here's hoping they do their bit and take down another top four opponent. We did the Bulldogs and Storm in a respectable manner, I want to see a solid win over the Tits to compensate for us getting robbed earlier this season.

Caarrrrnnnn Manly Warringah!

I watched a bit of the Titans v Tigers game and the Tigers had trouble closing down the offloads from the Titans and letting them get second phase ball, which Preston in particular capitalised on. Given how woeful our defence was against the Sharks, where they out-offloaded us 15-1, we will get lapped if we don't shut the ball carrier down against this mob.

Not confident at this stage unless there is a MASSIVE turn around in form this week.

We need to win this weekend. We are not playing well enough to survive the playoffs versus 7 or 8.

Note that this team is almost the closest to the GF team we have fielded all year.

10 of the thirteen starters are in the 13 with Hall on the bench instead. Only King, Lyon, Menzies, Bryant and Bell missing from the 17.

Dan link said:
no use pushing Lyon back. The game doesnt matter a whole lot at this stage so I am happy to rest him

Tell me that just before kick off, once we have the result from over in sheep shagger land when the scum have had their noses rubbed into the sheep dip.

If the scum lose, and there is a huge possibility they will, then this game can be huge for us. Even if they manage to somehow win, we need to be on track heading into the finals, so the win and the team build has to be there for us.

Looking at the calendar, I see it is a full moon Saturday

Wolfman has made a habit of long range tries under the full moon this season so hope that continues !!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6