Team V Souths

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
As usuual Des has stuck to the team that played last night.  No changes despite the calls from Silvertails posters to make wholesale changes  :p ::)

Sea Eagles NRL Team

1 Michael Robertson
2 Tony Williams
3 Ben Farrar
4 Steve Matai
5 David Williams
6 Jamie Lyon
7 Matt Orford (c)
8 Jason King
9 Matt Ballin
10 Josh Perry
11 Anthony Watmough
12 Glenn Hall
13 Glenn Stewart

Interchange
14 Chris Bailey
15 Brent Kite
16 George Rose
17 Shane Rodney
19 Heath L’Estrange

Would Bailey be any good in the centres? Farrar to wing and T. Williams to as far away as possible, for mine.

I have to admit the 2 things that T.Williams did last night

1 - Stopping the 40/20
2 - Scoring that try from 40 metres out

were great, they were good, he showed potential for the first time

However he shouldnt have been so badly out of position for their try and the 40/20

I can not wait until he moves out of the backline

Happy for others to take his place but you cannot blame him for that try. They had five to two. He had to try and cut off the pass. We were badly out of shape from the long break.

To be fair to Tony Williams, on that try, they had about 5 on 2, he stays on his wing, they score through the centre, he comes in, they score through the wing.

CliffyIsGod link said:
To be fair to Tony Williams, on that try, they had about 5 on 2, he stays on his wing, they score through the centre, he comes in, they score through the wing.

But he was about 4 players in, Choc was outside him!

And they all stopped and let the try-scorer run around to set up an easier kick.  Hello! they won by a point, one  conversion you lazy slugs.

I think Des just faxes the same team sheet off all the time after a MNF game, we rarely run out as named on a Tuesday

You're correct Kiwi....again.  Hopefully the guys will feel very ashamed and put in a full 80 minutes of quality play.  I saw the Souths/Dogs game on the weekend and they are playing poorly.  Eagles by 30.

As soon as the game finished last night, I was thinking we would drop 40 on Souths DSM

I just have this feeling that we are going to click together and destroy a team very, very soon

I don't think we will be falling behind by so much early on this week

Sea Eagles Toyota Cup Team

1 William Hopoate
2 Cameron Dyer
3 Scott Blanch
4 Kieran Foran
5 David Sheehan
6 Gary Riccardi
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
8 James Cunningham
9 Liam Higgins
10 Lama Tasi
11 Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
12 Darcy Lussick
13 Jamie Buhrer (c)

Interchange
14 Brad Bennett
15 Todd Wilson
16 Magnus Stromquist
17 Michael Tiopira
18 Jason Annear
19 Mitch Jowett

Coach David Penna

Glenn Hall is consistently solid. He's not supposed to be our stand out player. He played poorly this week though.

I think Lyon has been playing very poorly as well though.

But everyone seems to be ok with that. Less time on the farm shooting pigs, and more at training thanks Jamie.

We don't want Magnay to go extinct.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
As soon as the game finished last night, I was thinking we would drop 40 on Souths DSM

I just have this feeling that we are going to click together and destroy a team very, very soon

I've had that feeling for about 2-3 weeks now. I didn't think it would eventuat against the tigers, but I thought it would against the knights, and they almost did it.

Apart from ox, there are no big flaws in our game.. I dunno if I'm being delusional, but I just get the feeling that the fuse is there.. It just needs to be lit.

Ryan link said:
Glenn Hall is consistently solid. He's not supposed to be our stand out player. He played poorly this week though.

Yes it was a dismal 9 minutes that he played.  

Hopefully des will see the error of his ways and only give him 3 minutes this week until he improves.

Kiwi Eagle link said:

as they say maybe it was the loss we needed in the run home to shake any overconfidence out of them, remember last season the loss to souths we then went on to be unbeaten for the remainder of the season

So many people living in denial.  The big difference between 2008 and 2009 has been attitude all season.  There is no magic switch unfortunately.

The 5 day turnaround between games worries me too.

I don't always agree with you Mattas BUT I think you are dead right....attitude is what has been missing ALL year. It's the "hangover" from 40-0 and the WCC win in England. I think they just thought they had to turn up and they'd win.

To be fair, considering this they have still "hung in there".

Maybe there's a switch, maybe not but I have this terrible feeling we will get blown off the park (as we did in 2006) in the first game of the finals.

3rd or 4th looks distant now, we had to beat the Tigers because there's a chance we won't beat the Storm at home and unless there are a mile of upsets every weekend from here I feel we might get 5th or 6th and from there it will be a "tough gig".

Hope I am wrong!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7