Team V Sharks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Good to see Ballin starting the season in the number 9.  Shame it's 24 months late.

I gather Willo is our back-up hooker.

You can not have top shelp players in all positions, Melbourne do not but they do have more variety than Willow.  You are correct on Stewart, he is great in both areas.  Wish Willow added a bit more in attack.

As for Willow on the bench it appears a waste but Mata is correct in saying he is back up hooker. Is it worth the risk in playing say Hall in his place? 

Wouldn't be surprised to see Williamson start. If you want cover for hooker use L'Estrange, he's capable of covering the halves at a pinch which is more of a worry than a backrow with three 70+ minute players starting the game and Cuthbo on the bench IMO.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
People saying Williamson is S**thouse don't have much of an understanding of the game tbh.

He isn't a world beater by any means, but he produces a lot of good work that allows the players around him to fulfill their roles in the side

My comment was in relation to his positon on the bench.  I never said that Willo was crap although we were happy for him to go the france in the offseason but it didn't pan out. 

Willo needs to start the game or be in PL because everytime he was on the bench Des only puts him on for the past 10 minutes of the game which is a waste.

I agree with Tookey that if Willo plays he should start as he adds nothing off the bench.  However I can only assume the side will be shuffled prior to kick-off or Willo is there with a view to being hooker at some point.

Jesus fckucking christ.
How quickly they forget.
All we've been hearing from the "neutral" press is can Ballin replace Monas at hooker?
We know he's better, why do you dicks even question it?
The value of Monas last season was in covering for Ox, even when Ox was playing.
Ballin doesn't have anything to prove without Monas, Ox does.

Our biggest loss with Monas is that Orford now has to be a real halfback. Our gain is a better hooker.

With quicker service, maybe Lyon & Ox will look better. They'll have to without Monas there to clean up after them.

It was commented on NRL teams last night about the service being provided with Ballin and how much quicker the ball is getting to Orford.

Those sentiments were echoed by Adrian Lam and Stuart Raper.

clontaago link said:
It was commented on NRL teams last night about the service being provided with Ballin and how much quicker the ball is getting to Orford.

Where is that head banging the wall emoticon when you need it?  Yet some was still argue Monaghan is the Messiah and worthy of all that loot he gouged out of our salary cap. 

Here's a tip, should Cameron Smith get injured Ballin will come into strong consideration for the maroon 9.

DVS Matt link said:
good - beaver is starting.

do you think Willo will come on for Beaver or Ballin???? Or not at all and Des again naming a player that he doesn't intend on using?
gday matt

i know a few of u guys were critical of des leaving someone on the bench most of the game last season.

Am i being deluded sayin he can do that because fitness wise we are superior to most teams in the comp.

I really feel having back rowers like  Choc, stewy and beaver who can play 80 mins is going to really help us with the new rule. when other clubs are struggling and running out of interchanges we will be sweet. I remember games last year where des only used 8 or 9 interchanges

Matabele link said:
[quote author=clontaago link=topic=177063.msg179221#msg179221 date=1205271910]

Where is that head banging the wall emoticon when you need it?  Yet some was still argue Monaghan is the Messiah and worthy of all that loot he gouged out of our salary cap. 

Here's a tip, should Cameron Smith get injured Ballin will come into strong consideration for the maroon 9.
[/quote]

This sounds like your tip last year that king would play origin  ???

Cliffy Gc link said:
[quote author=DVS Matt link=topic=177063.msg179175#msg179175 date=1205214024]
good - beaver is starting.

do you think Willo will come on for Beaver or Ballin???? Or not at all and Des again naming a player that he doesn't intend on using?
gday matt

i know a few of u guys were critical of des leaving someone on the bench most of the game last season.

Am i being deluded sayin he can do that because fitness wise we are superior to most teams in the comp.

I really feel having back rowers like  Choc, stewy and beaver who can play 80 mins is going to really help us with the new rule. when other clubs are struggling and running out of interchanges we will be sweet. I remember games last year where des only used 8 or 9 interchanges
[/quote]

i guess my point was more that if we DID need impact from the bench, we can hardly rely on willow.

IMO i would of had Le Strange in that spot, if things aren't working on the field....i don't think willow can come on and make a difference. May as well give someone else a crack.

Ryan link said:
Jezuz guys, stop accepting 2nd best. We can't have top shelf players in all positions? Say that to Melbourne !
Des has done the right thing in putting our most powerful backrow on the park.

Also, there are plenty of other players able to just tackle if that was their job. It's now 2008. ALL players need to tackle, attack and create.

We have Hall, Afa, Wells, Hargreaves (by all rights) that can all play backrow, but also add a little to our attack.

If you want a workaholic backrower, there are very few better than Glenn Stewart. Formidable n both attack, AND defense.

Some teams dont get paid by the owners and also have to obey the salary cap.

As of last year there were only 3 teams that had not breached the cap, souths and canberra being the other 2. At that stage we were the only ones to be at the pointy end.

As for the team, its what we should have expected and certainly at least the best 16 players available. We should win this game confortably but i hardly expect a 50 point flogging

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4