Team V Roosters - a change to delight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
1 Michael Robertson
2 Ben Farrar
3 Jamie Lyon
4 Steve Matai
5 David Williams
6 Kieran Foran
7 Matt Orford (c)
8 Jason King
9 Matt Ballin
10 Josh Perry
11 Anthony Watmough
12 Chris Bailey
13 Glenn Stewart

Interchange
14 Heath L’Estrange
15 Brent Kite
16 George Rose
18 Shane Rodney
21 Glenn Hall

Coach: Des Hasler

Beautiful, pretty much exactly what I was after post match, apart from thinking Wolfman needed a trip to Qld for a week or 2

DSM5 link said:
At last, Big Tony off to the tar pit.

LOL...on so many levels

But agree...finally after his performance the last 2 weeks leaving him there, would have resulted in a trip to the loony bin for Des

I feel for the kid getting dropped but hopefully he'll cop it and come back HUNGRIER for the ball.  Wing was never his position anyways.

Interesting bit - when Snake returns, Farrar could be giving Wolfman a run for the 2nd wing spot.  I won't expect too much flair on Farrar/Matai's side though - another brand new combination for us.

And i only just noticed, Bailey in 12, Hall 5th on the bench!

Go Des...

And why is 17 always blank?  IS it cos Beaver played his last game in 17??  Mysterious man that Dessie is

Much better look with foran in and the Queen Mary/ Eeyore / Iro out. Now he will get the chance to actually train to play as a forward rather than a backline player.

This team IMO is more capable of keeping a team <20 points than the previous.

As much as I like it that Big T won't be running out, it would be nice to see him run over the top of Shaun Kenny-Dowell, another totally out of form winger.

I'm staggered.  How long has it been since a player was legitimately dropped?  Bailey would have to be next in the firing line, surely.

Wolfman Vs Farah for the wing spot once Stewarts back will be intresting, though Farah hasn't been outstanding, Wolfmans form would suggest he's the one behind the 8 ball.

just having Lyon go back to centre is so good. The form he had before Origin was sensational. Cant wait to see him fend off his opposition and running on the outside.

He will make Wolfman look good again.

If this move works, and it will, this could be a significant turning point of the season.  Foran doesn't overthink his plays, stays alert to what's in front of him, and trusts his footballing instincts.  Just don't know enough about his kicking game and whether Lyon should move in closer on the last play.

Tony Williams might look at how Michael Clarke responded to being dropped from the baggy greens to work on some issues, and how it made him a far better player.

Foran is good, we (and perhaps he) are about to find out just how good. If he can hold down that spot for the rest of the year it means we are winning and it means he is top calibre. Which I guess Des thinks or he would not pop him in at this time.

DSM5 link said:
At last, Big Tony off to the tar pit.

Haha spot on comment DSM, and hopefully Gus' light hearted jibe about "having the turning circle of the Queen Mary" will sting Tony into action. At times he's been playing like he is knee deep in the tar pits...

Nice call from Des for this weekend's team  ;D

Foran to play defensively at 5/8, but more at centre in attack. Stabilizes the defense out wider where it's been dodgy most of the time by allowing lyon to go there. matai and farrar? farrar is a sensible footballer who knows what to do. they will go alright together I reckon.

think I agree with KE; bring the le strange rotation back. ballin not really sighted later on in games doing anything very productive.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4