Team v Dogs your thoughts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
below is the team I would select to start against the dogs in rd 17, the 5 Origin reps to come straight back in except for Kite to the Bench, I would retain the young fella Foran as the kid shows class and can get even better with some more NRL match fitness
but I have 7 names to go into 2 bench spots (glad I'm not Des )

1 Michael Robertson
2 Tony Williams
3 Jamie Lyon
4 Steve Matai
5 David Williams
6 Kieren Foran
7 Matt Orford (c)
8 Jason King
9 Matt Ballin
10 Josh Perry
11 Anthony Watmough
12 Glenn Hall
13 Glenn Stewart
Interchange
14 Brent Kite  
15 George Rose
Heath L’Estrange,Ben Farrar, Chris Bailey, Shane Rodney, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Adam Cuthbertson

I am leaning towards Ballin playing 80 min because 2 hooker thing that worked so well in 08 is not working as well this season
Probably have Bailey & Rodney fill the last 2 spots

01. Michael Robertson
02. Ben Farrar
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Chris Bailey
07. Matt Orford
08. Josh Perry
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Heath Le'Strange
15. Jason King
16. George Rose
17. Glenn Hall

Des won't stick with Foran, far too adventureous. It'll be back to business as usual you can bank on that. It'll be the same 17 we are used to, with Rose instead of Cuthbo on the bench. If Rodney's knee doesn't pull up then Cuthbo may get a reprieve.

CliffyIsGod link said:
Spot on Ryan and C&C.

If Rodney is out, then Hall starts, Cuthbo on the bench.

I tend to think theres a very good chance of Foran playing against the dogs if SR is out with bailey moving into the forwards as he did this week.

It's certianly a better option the Cuthbonator.

1 Michael Robertson
2 Ben Farrar
3 Jamie Lyon
4 Steve Matai
5 David Williams
6 Kieran Foran
7 Matt Orford (c)
8 Jason King
9 Matt Ballin
10 Josh Perry
11 Anthony Watmough
12 Chris Bailey
13 Glenn Stewart

Interchange

14 Brent Kite 
15 George Rose
16 Tony Williams
17 Glenn Hall

Heath - i like him but Des doesnt use him. a waste.
Heagraves - hes gone.. no point using him
Rodney - will be injured otherwise hed be starting
Cuthbo - see Heagraves.. and he played crap

That team has utilities with Bailey moving into the halves and Williams in the backs if needed

Kaza I would say that would be one of the strongest teams we could name, and would suit against the dogs

Gee, we are all getting a woodie over a kid who has played one NRL game against some pretty mediocre opposition. Granted he played pretty well and his defence was pretty solid, which is always a good indicator of whether they may offer something, but I can't see Mr Conservative Hasler making changes to accommodate him unless injuries on Wednesday night force his hand. It'll be Bailey back to 5/8 and Foran back to Toyota Cup, which is the way it should be.

The only change I can possibly see is Farrar on the wing for Iro Williams, who was only adequate again yesterday.

The problem i find with Farrer on the wing is his hieght and his jumping skills under the high ball, im not saying its bad but just curious / worried as to how he would preform.

The "YART" Ryan has suggested will be close to the mark!!

I thought Foran was fantastic yesterday BUT his time will come (2010).

Sad to say but Cuthbo looks like a liability, maybe a bit rusty BUT maybe it's a good thing he has gone to the Sharks!!

deadlyeagle link said:
The problem i find with Farrer on the wing is his hieght and his jumping skills under the high ball, im not saying its bad but just curious / worried as to how he would preform.

Didn't seem like an issue in the games I watched him play in for the cows - he's got a good leap for a little bloke.

I like Kaza's team but expect it will be more like Ryan's.

If the side does end up being KaZa's to paraphrase a line out of Jaws "We're gunna need a bigger bench"

Would that be the biggest set of reserves ever seen?

I will admit to a little blood flow at times, let's hope it develops into something to rival the effect that Beaver had on it.

01. Michael Robertson
02. Tony Williams
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Chris Bailey
07. Matt Orford
08. Josh Perry
09. Matt Ballin
10. Jasn King
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Glenn Hall
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Heath Le'Strange
15. Brent Kite
16. George Rose
17. Hargreaves

Given the workload Kite will have in SOO, he can come off the bench, King really has stepped up lately.

Ben Farrer can cover positions 1-5 if Dessie needs to rest Lyon or Wolfman who will both play 80mins of origin.

I want Tony Williams to finally step up and terrorise that great midget Hazem.

Foran can take the confidence he learned yesterday and dominate the under 20's. Des will not risk him against the dogs, as he will getr further opportunities in 3 weeks time prior to SoO3.

Never thought i'd say this, but Cuthbo to play in QLD.

robbo
williams
lyon
matai
williams
bailey
ox
kite
ballin
perry
choc
stewart/hall
rodney(if injured) /stewart

rose
king
le snack
hall/ farrer (if rodney injured)

1 Michael Robertson
2 Ben Farrar
3 Jamie Lyon
4 Steve Matai
5 David Williams
6 Kieran Foran
7 Matt Orford (c)
8 Jason King
9 Matt Ballin
10 Josh Perry
11 Anthony Watmough
12 Chris Bailey
13 Glenn Stewart

Interchange

14 Brent Kite 
15 George Rose
16 Le Strange
17 Glenn Hall

Williams goes back to QLD to play in the forwards, Cuthbo was in great form earlier in the year but had a shocker against the Raiders and we can really only afford to carry one of him and Rose on the bench.

KaZa link said:
1 Michael Robertson
2 Ben Farrar
3 Jamie Lyon
4 Steve Matai
5 David Williams
6 Kieran Foran
7 Matt Orford (c)
8 Jason King
9 Matt Ballin
10 Josh Perry
11 Anthony Watmough
12 Chris Bailey
13 Glenn Stewart

Interchange

14 Brent Kite 
15 George Rose
16 Tony Williams
17 Glenn Hall

Heath - i like him but Des doesnt use him. a waste.
Heagraves - hes gone.. no point using him
Rodney - will be injured otherwise hed be starting
Cuthbo - see Heagraves.. and he played crap

That team has utilities with Bailey moving into the halves and Williams in the backs if needed

Love it  :) except i would leave heathy there, and drop t-rex. I think the dogs will have trouble with heath if des times it right.

as others have said.. i can see dessy dropping foran as he tends to do with other kiddos.. but i think foran is different. foran had one of the best debuts from a manly baby for a long time.. very impressive.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2