Team that can beat anyone & beat them well (if we ever get them on the field together)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I thought about including T-Red because I do like him as a player, but who do you take out? I don't get the knocks on Myles because I think he's doing well. Sure he's a plodder but there aren't many 30+ year old props who aren't. I guess I could have dropped Starling maybe and started BJ.

The sad thing right now is that whatever our best team may be, it looks like we won't see it together for at least a month or two because of injuries. And who knows what can happen between now and then.

Have to agree with ryan , that side fit would beat most sides . But im with holden v8 id pick myles ahead of bj in the starting 13 . Bj seems more affective off the bench where as myles would not have the impact. Either way lets hope we can get them all out there fit and firing .

And every other team could put their best team on the field every week we would sit around 6th-10th on the ladder.

Our roster just isnt good enough. Remember when Lyon and Matai were the games no1 centre pairing. Brett was in the top 3 fullbacks in the game, now he isn't in the 10.

And every other team could put their best team on the field every week we would sit around 6th-10th on the ladder.

Our roster just isnt good enough. Remember when Lyon and Matai were the games no1 centre pairing. Brett was in the top 3 fullbacks in the game, now he isn't in the 10.
Im not disagreeing with you BUT , with the injuries and combinations and such , dont you think with a fit and healthy side we would beat alot of the fancied sides . My thinking is at full strength and fit and with the odd call going our way things will change pretty quickly. Lyon matai and snake are still champs and with a couple of back to back wins and confidence sky high these champs will rise to the occasion. Im not about to throw it in and im sure they wont.

No, our players aren't good enough its that simple. That doesnt mean I am ruling this season out completely.

A bit of good luck and we can finish just out of the top four, a run of bad luck we will be just above bottom bottom 4.

B Stewart
Tom T
S Matai
D Walker
J Taufua
J Lyon
DCE
J Buhrer
F Mateo
M Taupau
N Myles
M Parcell
Jake T

Res:
A Koroisau
B Lawrence
S Vave
AFB

To be honest, I had no idea our strongest pack looked so weak. No comparison whatsoever with the top 5 or 6 sides. There is no way Buhrer, Mateo, Myles, Lawrence or Vave would be within a bull's roar of the Broncos, Cowboys, Sharks, Eels or Bulldogs pack. Even the Roosters at full strength have us easily covered. Our backs are fine...

Yep I think our golden oldies are past it but there experience is pretty good to have around the young boys. Matai is still playing great footy but snake and Jamie are past it, Lyon has retired and I expect snake to be not far behind. Snakes body is catching up to him. Plus he looks all sorts he has bombed a number of easy tries he would normally score. Tom to fullback, Walker to centre, Hynes or Another signing to 5/8 and we will be back to our old backline that scared the hell out of teams.

This is the truth...

And also Matthew wright could be our starting winger next year with Tom likely to shift to fullback. He looks a good buy, he is safe as houses under the high ball and his defence is great. He is a well known try scorer also. We will have the speed back next year in our backline. Tom at fullback is easily the fastest fullback, Walker probably 2nd fastest centre behind Roberts, Cherry is also a speedster. Tafua isn't too bad certainly not slow. Wright I don't know if he is quick I assume he is? But look at the cows they have 1 fast player in there backline which is Morgan. All the other are just average speed (not in a bad way). It's what the Cowboys backline does which is everyone of their players is reliable, Feldt, Coote, Linnett, Winterstein, O'Neill just do their job. That's what we need in the backline. ATM Chez is the only playmaker we have. Walker is trying to kick whenever he gets the ball when he should really be running. Jamie is thinking before he gets the ball which means he isn't playing what's in front of him. IMO the only players in our backline that are doing their jobs are

Chez
Matai
Turbo

Our future is with DCE, Walker, The Turbos, Parcel and Taupau.

Its a great start to our next dynasty, lets hope it all falls into place.

I think you can add fonua-Blake to that list his form is awesome ATM and could be our answer to the wrecking ball we've been missing, he just take 20 meters every time he gets the ball. And also Hynes could be a player to help with our next dynasty as soon as he takes control of a game in nsw cup we hit our straps which indicates to me that that he is fast becoming one of our players of the future, he scored a double, got 2 try assists on his debut. Very exciting prospect. One thing is for certain until we have a real 5/8 we aren't going no where. Walker stops all momentum when he gets the ball ATM, but I give credit to him he has been better than I thought.

To be honest, I had no idea our strongest pack looked so weak. No comparison whatsoever with the top 5 or 6 sides. There is no way Buhrer, Mateo, Myles, Lawrence or Vave would be within a bull's roar of the Broncos, Cowboys, Sharks, Eels or Bulldogs pack. Even the Roosters at full strength have us easily covered. Our backs are fine...
Lawrence, Mateo, Buhrer and vave aren't even in our run on squad. So in 2014 lawrence. Starling. Horo were probably not world beaters then either but we almost finished minor premiers. I do realize we had gifty and watmough, but they were either injured or suspended. The forward pack we have at our disposal should be able to compete with any . Just my opinion. Gee we have turned average footy players into very good players . Bryant , horo etc.

Lawrence, Mateo, Buhrer and vave aren't even in our run on squad. So in 2014 lawrence. Starling. Horo were probably not world beaters then either but we almost finished minor premiers. I do realize we had gifty and watmough, but they were either injured or suspended. The forward pack we have at our disposal should be able to compete with any . Just my opinion. Gee we have turned average footy players into very good players . Bryant , horo etc.
I don't think our pack is up there...

Trbojevic, Taupau, Fonua-Blake, Vave are the only players who have been consistently good.

Yep I think our golden oldies are past it but there experience is pretty good to have around the young boys. Matai is still playing great footy but snake and Jamie are past it, Lyon has retired and I expect snake to be not far behind. Snakes body is catching up to him. Plus he looks all sorts he has bombed a number of easy tries he would normally score. Tom to fullback, Walker to centre, Hynes or Another signing to 5/8 and we will be back to our old backline that scared the hell out of teams.

I'll salute if your right but its only round 9. There's some surprising weeks ahead my friend.

I just don't think TOM can show up and predict the play in any given attacking situation like snake can. He still has a lot to learn in regards to field position predictability and speed. I just don't know about Turbo yet. I've seen nothing this year to convince me he is the new messiah of fullbacks equal to all the media hype. Love him but he's still far too green for my like.

I just don't think TOM can show up and predict the play in any given attacking situation like snake can. He still has a lot to learn in regards to field position predictability and speed. I just don't know about Turbo yet. I've seen nothing this year to convince me he is the new messiah of fullbacks equal to all the media hype. Love him but he's still far too green for my like.

Did you miss the second half against Newcastle before he got injured? Tom looked very comfortable at fullback. He set up a try on the left and scored one on the right. Until his injury it was a Snake-like performance. Barking orders at the defence, chiming into the line.

That's what made his injury harder to take. It was bad enough losing him but with Snake out he could easily have come into his own at fullback. TBH he looked a bit lost in the opening two rounds and quickly found that fullback in the NRL is very different to fullback in the U/20's. But playing with Snake for 6 weeks and continually swapping positions with him seemed to have worked wonders for his confidence at fullback.

Sorry have to disagree, Tom has 6 try assists this year. 1 each game at fullback. He is easily the best young fullback in the game. He will be NSW fullback and Australia fullback in no time. He destroyed Newcastle at fullback, scoring a try and setting up one in 15 mins he was at fullback. IMO safest player under the highball in the NRL

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4