Team Sheet vs Storm

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mataiforever

Bencher
yeah we probably have no chance at beating the (in my opinion) form team in the comp at home, but considering where in last place still with great talent to our disposal i'll probably consider us the 'upset' team of the 2015 competition, who will lose most games and games that they should win (i.e bulldogs last week, panthers, raiders), which is what gives me the tiniest bit of faith in the team to overcome the storm this week (if toovs selects a similar team to below) kind of like the warriors this year or raiders in recent times.
with brett stewart and feleti mateo to return, hopefully somehow this will push out blair, williams/williame, hasson etc.
1 Stewart
2 Hiku
3 Satini
4 Matai
5 Williame / Wolf
6 Riley Travers / Maania Rudolph
7 DCE
8 JTrbojevic
9 Ballin
10 L.Burgess
11 D.Lui
12 J.Buhrer
13 Mateo

14 J.Hodges
15 L.Sao
16 W.Mason
17 Symonds
or chuck symonds on at 3, and push satini out to 5, and bring in a big bopper if we have any such as vave, andrews etc.
**** foran even if hes fit
hopefully taufua comes back soon, so him and hiku can be on the wings and mean theres somewhat capably defensive wingers, unlike blair and wolfman
big willie will be an impact player at most this year i think, having a few god hit ups off the bench, and when in doubt turn to youth, something manly has done well over the years, maybe riley travers isnt ready yet but rudolph is probably ready enough.

Last edited:
Provided certain players are fit, my team would look something like:

Actually, I have a couple of choices lol

Team 1 - Snake, Blair, Peta, Skivy, Wolfman, JLJ, DCE, Jake T, Matty, Willie, Ferris, T-Red, Mateo. Res - Lui, Sao, Hodges, Horo.

Team 2 - Snake, Blair, Peta, Skivy, Wolfman, Mateo, DCE, Jake T, Matty, Willie, Horo, T-Red, Ferris. Res - Lui, Sao, Hodges, Burgess.

Preferably I'd drop Burgess to NSW Cup and bring in JLJ to play 5/8. If DCE's ankle gets any worse we're going to need a halfback out there and JLJ fits the bill. Wiliame would also be gone to the reggies and the Wolfman would stay on the wing. Wolfie may have lost some of his zip, but he's a damn sight better than Wiliame is or ever will be.

On the other hand, playing Mateo at 5/8 and at least having another big guy on the bench (Burgess, Andrews or god forbid Hasson as a last resort) wouldn't be a bad thing.

I think realistically a win down at drizzle land is a total long shot but it is a chance for some of these fringe players to test themselves against the best. Even though it is a dark time it is nice to see some of the newer guys like Jake Turbo stand up and show what the future will bring.

I think we will see some sort of reaction this week as we need to improve is a huge understatement at the moment.

I would like to see just a simple game plan of getting our kick chase game right and dont forget that we did knock them over in round 2.

Weather forecast for Saturday in Melbourne is 7 - 14 with showers. Goodo!

That was a bit factious of me, Storm by 30.

However I'd agree with the above, let's bring some through from the NSW Cup and 20's.

I hate to see that in their first games they'd get walloped or worse injured but knowing we will be lapped and knowing it won't be 2 points means what do we have to lose??

Let's see how Rudolph / Travers / JLJ go, there's some raps on them so why not!!

Penrith are in the same injury crises as well are and what do they do, turn to the youth and give them a run,

Good luck guys I hope the boys do you, and all the others going down , proud.

All I ask for now is to have a go.

For about 60 minutes last Friday they did that.

Just don't capitulate , keep trying to the 80th minute.

1. B.Stewart (c)
2. B.Fritz
3. T.Satini
4. S.Matai
5. P.Hiku gk
6. F.Mateo
7. D.Cherry-Evans
8. J.Trbojevic
9. J.Hodges
10. W.Mason
11. L.Sao
12. J.Horo
13. L.Burgess

14. T.Andrews
15. A.Demetriou
16. K.Foran (bench dummy-half)
17. J.Buhrer

no more losses this year.

The Storm have looked very good this year, even when they lost to us. But they haven't blown any teams off the park yet and I hope that they don't start doing so this week.

My ideal team (although unlikely) for this week would be

1. Snake
2. Hiku
3. Foran
4. Matai
5. Blair
6. Mateo
7. DCE
8. JAKE
9. Ballin
10. Burgess
11. Buhrer
12. Symonds
13. Lui

14. Mason
15. Sao
16. Horo
17. Hodges

Based on expect return from injury dates:

1. B. Stewart
2. D. Williams
3. M. Rudolph
4. S. Matai
5. T. Satini
6. J. Hodges (edit for injury)
7. D. Cherry-Evans

8. J. Trbojevic
9. M. Ballin
10. W. Mason
11. F. Mateo
12. J. Buhrer
13. D. Lui

14. L. Sao
15. J. Horo
16. A. Demetriou
17. T. Symonds

Last edited:
Don't shoot me down for stupidity but given our injury crisis would it be worth it to give Hodges a go in the halves. His defence and passing game is good and he could still play like a second hooker from dummy half.

Don't shoot me down for stupidity but given our injury crisis would it be worth it to give Hodges a go in the halves. His defence and passing game is good and he could still play like a second hooker from dummy half.

Nothing's stupid at present, and besides , it's a forum and you are just as entitled to an opinion as the other 200 experts on here!!

Nothing's stupid at present, and besides , it's a forum and you are just as entitled to an opinion as the other 200 experts on here!!
Cheers for that Mark, I just like the way Hodges plays and I think the more time he has on the field the better go forward we have....with JLJ being injured and Mateo and Foran just coming back from injury plus DCE playing on one leg, what have we got to lose. As others have said it's a huge risk to keep sending players back out unless they are 100% fit.

Cheers for that Mark, I just like the way Hodges plays and I think the more time he has on the field the better go forward we have....with JLJ being injured and Mateo and Foran just coming back from injury plus DCE playing on one leg, what have we got to lose. As others have said it's a huge risk to keep sending players back out unless they are 100% fit.

I'm a Hodges fan as well, I thought when he was on last week we looked way better!!

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6