TEAM R 2

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I remember how annoyed we all got when tooves would stick with his line up week in, week out. Now it appears we have a coach that will tinker with his line up, so this'll be interesting to see. I really like some of these changes. Not sure how Leary missed out but I'm sure there's a reason. Bring on Monday night!

TB must be trying to make JT keep guessing by picking Vave and Williame again this week. Surely there'll be some late inclusions or changes.

TB must be trying to make JT keep guessing by picking Vave and Williame again this week. Surely there'll be some late inclusions or changes.
I think he is trying to keep his own squad guessing, so everyone knows near enough is not good enough. I think he is trying to build a motivated squad with genuine depth. Knight knows he will get a shot in coming weeks. They all do. Up to them to seize their opportunity.

Glad to see starling and bj back but need to swap them. Also need a backrower who runs lines tred or leary

If we go down to the Tigers lets get Shane Rodney, George Rose back and Willow can have a run. Its time to back up the FAT pay cheques and hype!!!!

I didn't know that we would be -4 for sacking Tooves? Bit Harsh NRL!

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I am pretty sure Green has been picked ahead of Leary because he can cover wing and centre if something happens to one of the backs.

I like Starling in the line up because I think he is very good at negating the opposition go-forward with his defence. He is not the most powerful runner of the ball (not the worst either), but his defence is certainly top shelf.

I disagree with the general consensus here that Parcell should start; I think Api is a marvellous footballer.

I am pretty sure Green has been picked ahead of Leary because he can cover wing and centre if something happens to one of the backs.

I like Starling in the line up because I think he is very good at negating the opposition go-forward with his defence. He is not the most powerful runner of the ball (not the worst either), but his defence is certainly top shelf.

I disagree with the general consensus here that Parcell should start; I think Api is a marvellous footballer.
We already have Brown that can cover centre or wing don't we ? Brown can also play hooker as well .

Green for Leary is plain stupid. Green is not a patch on Leary. Barrett hasn't got a clue if he is going to persist with this captains call of turning Green into a 2nd rower. I would say it is his ego picking Green at this stage.

Green for Leary is plain stupid. Green is not a patch on Leary. Barrett hasn't got a clue if he is going to persist with this captains call of turning Green into a 2nd rower. I would say it is his ego picking Green at this stage.

That or Goat photo's!!

Wow, surprises in round 1, now changes in Round 2.
Lussick, Leary gone, Starlo and Lawrence in.
Not sure what that means for cohesion but it has to be good for keeping the entire squad motivated, even if in NSW Cup.

Who's Lussick again?

Agree with most that Leary is unlucky...our Khaki backrow (Green/Brown) are both fortunate to be picked again IMO - we have other options: Leary, Symonds, Mateo and Burher when he's healed.

I liked what Vave did off the bench. Parcell could have come on earlier...happy to see the props who had us run equal first back in the side (BJ & Starling).

But it's all academic if Snake doesn't play...

I don't want to accuse TB of anything so early.....but it looks like the recruits are being looked after first.

Green wasn't woeful last week, he just didn't involve himself in the game as a second rower should. Dropping him to the bench was probably a better thing for the kids confidence than just dropping him to NSW Cup after one game. But I do honestly think that Leary would have been a better choice to start with Brown on the bench as the utility.

Sorry to disagree with some here but I don't think Vave should be in first grade. To me he offered very little last week. He didn't do anything wrong, I just thought there were and still are better options.

In fairness to TB, he was probably a bit hamstrung by the fact that our NSW Cup side lost as well so good form right now is hard to gauge. I know we want Wiliame gone from first grade, but the fact is that neither Goodall or Lavaka had strong games so without Snake coming back in, who else was there? Moltzen also got injured (shock horror) which leaves very little options. Here's hoping that Snake's hammy comes good and is a late inclusion. Not that I'm complaining about having to play Tommy at FB, but the team would be much stronger with Snake at the back and Tommy on the wing in place of Wiliame.

Either way, I do believe we can knock over the Tigpies on Monday night.

Last edited:
Barrett said in an interview a while ago that the whole sqaud apart from 3 or 4 that all positions were up for grabs.
I think the changes he has made after only one rnd shows he's serious and acknowledges he made some errors in picking the rnd one team.
I think while he made two good changes for rnd two, he could have made 3 or 4.
I think(depending) on this weeks result we will have our final 17 settled within a week or two, that will play the rest of the season (injuries and suspension aside)
I have faith in the process, and can't wait to flog the tigers next Monday.

We already have Brown that can cover centre or wing don't we ? Brown can also play hooker as well .
Yes but he has an 80 minute back-row role to play. Much better to bring a replacement off the bench, than move a genuine starter half way through the match into a completely new role and upset the overall dynamic.

Just how I am reading it...I could be wrong.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6