Team List vs Newcastle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If Foran does get injured / re-injures his hamstring (highly probably in my mind) then the easy fix is to put Killer in 5/8, Hiku to centre (his natural position IMO) and let Wolfie lock down the wing.

I also think Matty Ballin had his best game on Saturday. He had a few really top scoots from dummy half that has been missing.

This is brought about by having Hodges there. Ballin knows he can go hard and will get a rest rather than balancing his energy levels across the full 80.

Not only do you add a dimension with a different hooker but you get a better Matty B on the field.

Win/win imo

1. B. Stewart
2. P. Hiku
3. J. Lyon
4. S. Matai
5. J. Taufua
6. K. Foran
7. D. Cherry-Evans

8. J. Trbojevic
9. M. Ballin
10. J. Starling
11. F. Mateo
12. J. Horo
13. T. Symonds

14. W. Mason
15. L. Burgess
16. D. Lui
17. B.Leary
I think you're almost 100% spot on TagMonster but they probably wont grade another junior and instead give Blake Leary another shot...2 tries last weekend will help his cause.

Yep i like the look of this team. Leary should be back in the squad.

Mateo should never play 5/8 over Foran. Yes he looked ok running the ball against the Dogs but he couldn't get the ball to Stewart on our backline plays. Just dosnt have the passing game. Cant wait to see everyone fit on the field at once.

1 Stewart
2 Taufua
3 Hiku
4 Matai
5 Wolfman
6 Lyon
7 DCE
8 Trbojevic
9 Ballin
10 Sao
11 Symonds
12 Horo
13 Mateo

14 Hodges
15 Lui
16 Mason
17 Demetriou / Burgess / Starling / Leary

18 Foran

Looking forward to Mateo's return. He can put up a mean midfield bomb which can really help when we finish a set around the halfway line.

Have to say that unless he's out injured I don't expect Tooves to drop Foran at any time this season.

As I've said before, I don't think Foran is out of form, far from it and if he cared to turn it on he could easily take opposition teams apart as we've seen him do so often in the past few years. The problem is his attitude. I know he's got a suspect hammy but he got through the game against the Scum ok without going close to pushing himself.

I guess the proof will be in the pudding in this weeks test. If he puts in a blinder or even a good showing then we know its an attitude problem. The attitude being that he doesn't really want to be here.

Last edited:
Coming up to State of Origin team I thought I’d take a leaf out of the NSW selection guidelines book and came up with this.

1: D.Williams – fullback and captain NSW Cup!

2: F.Mateo – Manu Vatevai eat your heart out
3: S.Matai – bust and pass to Jorge
4: J.Taufua – steamroller after the bust!
5: P.Hiku – finisher extraordinaire!!

6: D. Cherry-Evans – playmaker #2
7: B.Stewart – playmaker #1

8: D.Lui – Keener than some
9: J.Hodges – Zip Zip man
10: J. Trbojevic – start of a long Sea Eagle NRL career
11: M.Ballin – tackle, tackle, tackle and then tackle some more
12: T.Symonds – creative flair, runner
13: J.Lyon – close to the action, channeling Bozo!

14: L.Burgess – good when fresh
15: W.Mason – bring on after platform laid
16: J.Horo – the gaps man!, run at the gaps
17: B.Leary – close to a start

18: Kevin Forme (ballboy)

There, I think I’ve got as many as I can playing outside their best positions AND the added bonus of pairing our 2 great mates and playmakers together, this should turn it all around!

;-)

Coming up to State of Origin team I thought I’d take a leaf out of the NSW selection guidelines book and came up with this.

1: D.Williams – fullback and captain NSW Cup!

2: F.Mateo – Manu Vatevai eat your heart out
3: S.Matai – bust and pass to Jorge
4: J.Taufua – steamroller after the bust!
5: P.Hiku – finisher extraordinaire!!

6: D. Cherry-Evans – playmaker #2
7: B.Stewart – playmaker #1

8: D.Lui – Keener than some
9: J.Hodges – Zip Zip man
10: J. Trbojevic – start of a long Sea Eagle NRL career
11: M.Ballin – tackle, tackle, tackle and then tackle some more
12: T.Symonds – creative flair, runner
13: J.Lyon – close to the action, channeling Bozo!

14: L.Burgess – good when fresh
15: W.Mason – bring on after platform laid
16: J.Horo – the gaps man!, run at the gaps
17: B.Leary – close to a start

18: Kevin Forme (ballboy)

There, I think I’ve got as many as I can playing outside their best positions AND the added bonus of pairing our 2 great mates and playmakers together, this should turn it all around!

;-)
FAIL! You obviously haven't seen James "Hammer time" Hasson play - he is our best option in the centres; Matai is a powder puff and should not be in the side.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6