Team List - Sea Eagles vs Dragons

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Team List - Sea Eagles vs Dragons
10/08/2010 4:11:32 PM

The Sea Eagles have announced their teams for when they clash with the St George Illawarra Dragons on Monday night.

With a few injuries sustained on the weekend, there's been a few changes to the usual line up.

Take a look below to see who's been named in the NRL and NYC squads.

Quantum Manly Sea Eagles NRL team:

Will Hopoate
Michael Robertson
Jamie Lyon
Steve Matai
Tony Williams
Kieran Foran
Trent Hodkinson
Jason King
Matt Ballin
Brent Kite
Anthony Watmough
Shane Rodney
Glenn Stewart

Joe Galuvao
Matt Cross
George Rose
Chris Bailey

Coach: Des Hasler

Alsafe Security Sea Eagles Under 20's:

Michael Oldfield
Ben Shorter
Josh Portlock
Blake Davey
David Sheehan
Scott Blanch
Gary Riccardi
Magnus Stromquist
Liam Higgins (c)
James Cunningham
Mitchell Jowett
Lama Tasi
Nathan Clark

Chris Stolk
Haami Kerr-Tuaupiki
Brad Bennett
Sione Fakahua
Josh Drinkwater
John Lima

Coach: David Penna

http://www.mwse.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=28951&team-list---sea-eagles-vs-dragons

Des in the past has named 5 or 6 man bench.
Hopefully that is a sign that this time choc is not in doubt.

Cecchin again

Referees: Matt Cecchin and Shayne Hayne; Sideline Officials: Steve Carrall and Steve Chiddy;
Video Referee: Bill Harrigan

Chechin was clearly under instructions not to blow tge whistle like he did when we played Newcastle. Let's hope he is under the sane instruction now.

I like that team though cross and perry are like for like but cross will be out to impress

Checcin wasnt terrible on the weekend,him with Suttor wasnt the nightmare i expected,a few mistakes from memory but overall not ****

I know I'm biased, but if you look at the St Choke line up, they really don't have much.

1. I don't rate their halfback and their 5/8th is only good for his kicking game.
2. I don't rate Cooper and I think Gasnier has a long way to go yet.
3. Their wingers are handy, particularly Morris, but he is suspect in defence.
4. Handy fullback, but not outstanding (I know leading Dally M, but really)
5. I wouldn't swap King or Kite for Costigan or Weyman.
6. I wouldn't swap Choc, Rodney & Glen for Creah, Scott or Smith (Although I do rate Smith).
7. Our Bench looks more damaging then theirs is.

When you look at it, they are very beatable.

XX Deleted link said:
Cecchin will play patsy to old mate Kevin Shayne Hayne!

Although Cecchin will be the patsy, he does thrive on being the centre of attention. Remember when he was a touch judge he made sure he played a significant role in matches; running in and giving the ref a report more often than not. He is liable to make a big call on Monday that will impact on the match... hopefully it will be in our favour!

Ralphie link said:
I know I'm biased, but if you look at the St Choke line up, they really don't have much.

1. I don't rate their halfback and their 5/8th is only good for his kicking game.
2. I don't rate Cooper and I think Gasnier has a long way to go yet.
3. Their wingers are handy, particularly Morris, but he is suspect in defence.
4. Handy fullback, but not outstanding (I know leading Dally M, but really)
5. I wouldn't swap King or Kite for Costigan or Weyman.
6. I wouldn't swap Choc, Rodney & Glen for Creah, Scott or Smith (Although I do rate Smith).
7. Our Bench looks more damaging then theirs is.

When you look at it, they are very beatable.

The reason the dragons are at the top of the ladder is because they play as a team. You don't need a star studded line up is everyone puts in on the day. They are notorious for their strong defense. Reminds me of the Manly teams in the early 90's. They don't give away much.

The only way you can beat them is through the middle. If our forwards dominate and bash them up (like we did earlier this year) we will go a long way to winning.

P@$ki link said:
[quote author=XX Deleted link=topic=184595.msg283616#msg283616 date=1281439338]
Cecchin will play patsy to old mate Kevin Shayne Hayne!

You mean like when Druggy Johns blasted him and got suspended for it?

Although Cecchin will be the patsy, he does thrive on being the centre of attention. Remember when he was a touch judge he made sure he played a significant role in matches; running in and giving the ref a report more often than not. He is liable to make a big call on Monday that will impact on the match... hopefully it will be in our favour!
[/quote]

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
Cecchin again

Referees: Matt Cecchin and Shayne Hayne; Sideline Officials: Steve Carrall and Steve Chiddy;
Video Referee: Bill Harrigan

Oh dear god the worst Refs ever in one game!! We're gonna lose this one for sure now!

ABC..spot on....they play as a team...remember there's no "I" in "Team".

A champion team will nearly always beat a team of Champions

St Choke are beatable (we have proved that already)...can we do it again, at their home, on a Monday night.....the jury is out on that!

Mark from Brisbane link said:
ABC..spot on....they play as a team...remember there's no \"I\" in \"Team\".

A champion team will nearly always beat a team of Champions

St Choke are beatable (we have proved that already)...can we do it again, at their home, on a Monday night.....the jury is out on that!

They have been especially suspect of late too, everyone else is going up a notch and they are stuck in 5th gear with nowhere else to go.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6