1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Team Line Up for Sharks

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by clontaago, Mar 21, 2006.

1. clontaago

clontaago Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    MANLY NRL TEAM: Brett Stewart, Michael Robertson, Steve Bell, Steve Matai, Chris Hicks, Travis Burns, Matt Orford, Jason King, Michael Monaghan, Brent Kite, Steve Menzies, Anthony Watmough, Ben Kennedy©
    Interchange: Shayne Dunley, Luke Williamson, Adam Cuthbertson, Mark Bryant, Paul Stephenson (1 player to be omitted)

2. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    hmm for mine Matai is the weakest link and should be dropped and steppa brought in but not on the bench

3. Downie

Downie Active Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    If Stephenson gets that bench spot instead of Cuthbertson, I'll eat my hat.

4. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    at least it looks like cuthbo will get a run since matai is likely to be injured.

5. clontaago

Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Steppa will drop off the bench, he is only there in case Matai is injured again.

6. The Gronk

The Gronk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    I would assume Steppa is named in case Matai isn't fit. Hopefully that means Cuthbertson is a definite starter. He should be a starting winger with Hicks in the centres though....

7. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    Stepho must be there to cover Matai and his injury.

Good to see Burns with 6, Monaghan with 9 and Robertson on the wing. Sadly King still reigns!!!

8. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,084 / 284
    It also says this guys - so Cuthbo will play - Steppa ommitted:-

Coach Des Hasler has rewarded newcomer Michael Robertson with a starting place after his fine performance against the Cowboys.

Travis Burns has secured the 5/8 spot with Michael Monaghan starting at Hooker.

Adam Cuthbertson will play his first NRL match after receiving the call up in place of Kylie Leuluai who is suspended.

9. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    Cuthbo will get a run, excellent news!!!!

10. Downie

Downie Active Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    With Dessie we never know ;)

But yeah, that's gotta be right. And it looks like he might have his five-eighth/hooker spots sorted. Just let them stay that way.

11. Crushercleal

Crushercleal Active Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Steppa for Matai hopefully. Also, bench all wrong again - too small. Willo doesn't offer enough. HOW IS KING STILL THERE ?!

12. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    Pi$$ of Dunley for Ballin, he can also play backrow. Maybe get rid of Willow for Rose to add some size to our bench.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    He has stuck with basically the same team so they must win on saturday night for his sake. I still cannot work out why King is still there. Hopefully he will cop heaps form the crowd if he makes any more misssed tackles or gives away penalties on saturday.

As well as ballin and Rose in the team i would like Des to try with Bryant as starting prop and bring kite off the bench as i think that Kite would make more of an impact this way and bryants defence is neeed in the first 15-20 minutes.

14. clontaago

Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Really the only change he has made was forced due to suspension.

15. Magic_Menzies

Magic_Menzies Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I heard Rose is injured?

16. Blunty

Blunty Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    PREMIER LEAGUE: Mark Lennon, Mitch Creary, Sean Dalton, Wes Tillot, Sean Meaney, Michael Witt, Clint Halden, Kane Cleal, Matt Ballin, Phil Morwood, Nathan Tutt, Glenn Stewart, J P Cherry ©
    Interchange: Jeff Robson, Todd Barrow, Jim Curtis, Jason Wells, Mailangi Styles, Rob Toshack

JERSEY FLEG: Rodney Peake, Tom Joseph, Jon Grieve, Tim Mortimer, Harry Berryman, Sam Key ©, Aaron Groom , Chris Trembath, Tyrone Shelley, Mark Offerdahl, Wayne Boorer, Mitchell Taueli, John O’Sullivan
    Interchange: J P Hawach, Sean Ross, Trent Rose, Terry Kelly, Andrew Everingham, Jesse Shelley, Mitchell King

Just quietly where are Arnold and Sione in the PL side. They were the best things since sliced bread in pre-season.

At least one of the three stars from PL has got a shot. Now just drop Dunley for Ballin, and Willo for Rose and we'll be sweet. Then when Leuluai gets back, King can have a stint in PL. Have to agree that Steppa deserves to start over Matai, on the wing though.

17. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    What about Willie Bishop?

18. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    Im doing my best to reserve my judgement.

Seeing King & Mattai there just lifts the blood pressue tho.

19. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    King??????????????????????????

20. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,084 / 284
    It's more balanced though guys. It LOOKS more structured. Monaghan just has to understand what dummy 1/2 means. He's not 5/8 - he's dummy 1/2.

I know this sounds petty, but Hasler HAS to get them wearing the right number jersey. If Monaghan is wearing 6, he'll want to play that way.