Team Harmony = Forum Harmony

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

shawn.b

Reserve Grader
One thing I have noticed as this season has progressed is how the relationships & interaction on this forum closely mirror the team we all support.

As the relationships in the team seem to deteriorate & the fortunes on the field go from bad to worse its like the same thing is happening here. Poster seem to be turning on each other for the slightest slur & others are writing off our chances without even playing the games.

It is quite amusing really reading the posts of people accusing the players of stirring up disharmony while they do the same thing on-line.

You are right and I have been guilty of writing us off as well ( or am I just being realistic ?).

One thing I don't like is how we attack each other for varying views .

It's just plain sad !!

I guess the only difference is I'm not getting a couple of hundred grand for my efforts at disharmony. But, I figure if I keep practicing and working hard at it I might earn a contract in the future. :)

Everything collapsed when the Marketing Manager made Manly play as Parra :dodgy:

Wonder if that political slogan was also his brilliant idea :cool:

#Pu****Up :)

I am guilty, I am sorry to my fellow supporters! It's very hard to believe we will be out after what seems a short season :(

I wouldn't say everything is rosy at the moment.

But I have been around long enough to have seen the good & the bad but at least for us the time between them is a lot shorter than most.

6 weeks ago we were 4 points clear at the top and premiership favorites. It's just unfathomable to think we'll go out in straight sets with a whimper. It's just been a horrible couple of months with constant speculation of disharmony and disunity. This isn't the team we have been used to for the last decade. It's just bloody annoying to see this thrown away by egos.

(puts hand up)

You are right, disharmony has grown here a little bit, but to be honest while it may look that way it is not disharmony between us at all. I consider everyone on this forum as mates that I respect. I'm just pissed off and I'd rather stir a bit of attention among some mates that sit here quietly simmering.

Just look at the right margin - Many $2.25, Bulldogs $1.66. How the mighty have fallen - this is not Manly standard rugby league!!. We would have been $1.25 against these monkeys 6 weeks ago.

If I have upset anyone, I don't apologise - just give it back to me lol. I'll quieten down when the season is over and I put my swimming trunks on - lets hope that is in 3 weeks, not one.

NYEagle

We will know a whole lot more by this day next week.

The rats will be jumping ship if the rumours are right. Let's hope that's not the case.

shawn.b said:
One thing I have noticed as this season has progressed is how the relationships & interaction on this forum closely mirror the team we all support.

As the relationships in the team seem to deteriorate & the fortunes on the field go from bad to worse its like the same thing is happening here. Poster seem to be turning on each other for the slightest slur & others are writing off our chances without even playing the games.

It is quite amusing really reading the posts of people accusing the players of stirring up disharmony while they do the same thing on-line.

Probably only 50% of what i post is from the heart. Thing is - I enjoy winding you all up. You all take it well too seriously. I enjoy trading banter with the trolls from other sites and confess I go on their sites and wind them up too.

As someone said to me once.....

Different opinions are all well and good, but....

If you are going to claim 1 plus 1 equals 3, then you must be prepared to eventually be called an idiot.

(whatever that means....I'm an idiot)

You used to be able to have a good debate and handbag fight on here then everyone just got on with it and got over it.

So in line with that I'm going to run into the crowd wildly swinging a handbag above my head

I agree @shawn.b

Up to a point it's natural if the team's fortunes go to $hit so too many of our emotions, then posts and interactions here.

(I've fully vented regarding this in Silvertails Soapbox; appreciate the chance to respectfully do so) and I'd even recommend others do it to, for peace-of-mind, if they feel troubled by these issues. *PLUS, we need to get MORE PPL into those other threads, because they're largely ignored, and would benefit from more voices.

The "in-fighting" on Forums can be amusing, even "fun", or ultimately frustrating (depending on your tolerance levels at the time). I've literally stopped reading, or not started reading more than half the current threads on-the-go, because my tolerance levels are lower (and for simple peace-of-mind we all prefer)'

One thing I find hilarious, is hearing regular despatches from the Chook-Pen, Kennel etc. (NEVER go; never will) about their diatribes on their players, De$$ie, or each other......"Helloooo, Pot-calling-kettle??" again, lol.

I think too @Dan (many of us more recent members continually hear "How things used to be" around here a bit much). Silvertails has grown massively from what I see and gather over it's journey. Along with that (larger membership) you get more diversity in opinion, and more risk of disagreements etc. *Net-life in general has become more toxic and complex as more ppl got involved (over the last 10yrs as well, I mean).

Unfortunately, or fortunately for those that disagree, lol...That's the nature-of-the-beast and comes with the territory nowadays. (I assume you mean your wife's hand-bag you'll be swinging @Dan ) Best I've got is a Manly "satchel" or man-bag to swing back at you, so bring-it-on brother! lol.

Lastly I feel injuries and running out-of-gas has been just as big a factor for Us struggling this past month or two. And even if we get put to the sword by the Dog$, it's still been a more than satisfactory season for me (from my team).

Diversity of opinion is fine, its judging someone for that opinion that is not.

Just a handbag, whoever it may belong to, i'll swing it like an old lady making a well made point

Dan said:
Diversity of opinion is fine, its judging someone for that opinion that is not.

Just a handbag, whoever it may belong to, i'll swing it like an old lady making a well made point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdUKRRPrzls

Swing it like we old ladies do - she is wearing a Manly overcoat :D

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4