Team Culture

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Are you part of the team turbo? lol culture changes when players move on
Your opinion of the club is up and down like a yoyo
I'm talking about the old culture of Stewart, Lyon ect. I know it changes as player go, what I'm saying is the old decade of culture is almost gone.

It is almost gone, yet there are some who can remake it.
For me that's the Trbo's, Lussick, Tapau, Buhrer and Parcell.

it is gone, but didn't us fans get a hell of a ride. It's time to rebuild, not every signing will work out but I'd expect manly to be in the 8 again come 2018-19

I'm talking about the old culture of Stewart, Lyon ect. I know it changes as player go, what I'm saying is the old decade of culture is almost gone.

Ah Turbo1! You remind me of someone else who considered things were going to pot. He said that 'children now love luxury. They are bad mannered and have contempt for authority. They disrespect their elders and just love to chatter instead of exercise'. Sounds like he agrees with you except that this is a quote from Socrates in the fifth century BCE.

Thing is Turbo1, the new generation never seem as good as your memories of the previous one

I am perplexed by expressed perceptions of team culture that suggest that it depends on the background of the players and or the coaching staff. (IMO our current coaching staff are inept). Generations of players come and go and the changing of the guard is never easy as we love our heroes. Bozo was my hero in the seventies and I was filthy when he went to the Roosters. Successful teams are groups of players that work hard together, understand, believe in and follow the teams structure and coach's game plan and play for one another. Melbourne are a fine example of this type of culture. Collective and personal discipline is an integral part of the formula. It must be programmed into the players by the Coach. If a coach cannot reach his players the culture will never develop. Trouble makers are like cancer to a playing group and we shouldn't be signing any! These days contracts are broken like pie crusts and when players let everybody down (family, team mates, club and supporters) there are insufficient consequences.

I think the 'culture' of the golden generation is about to be gone with the loss of Lyon, Kite, Kingy etc over the last couple of years, but it's now up to these players (led by DCE, Jake, Darcy) to build the culture of the 'platinum' generation (ok I just made that up but I thought it sounded cool). These guys now need to own the team, no deferring to Matai (even if he's still there), or Snake or Lyon. Nup the team is on your shoulders now DCE, Jake etc. Your chance to build this team in the image you want it to be.

well said Mr Tragic-Eagles ... I totally agree with your comment re signing trouble makers .... please lets only sign senior players that are, and junior players that will in the future become, role models and mentors .... they can still be hard men i.e. Jason King, Brent Kite, Ben Kennedy, Jamie Lyon, Beaver Menzies, Jeff Toovey, Steve Matai and many more of our past greats

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6