Te Maire Martin

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Always hard to know with the step up from the U20's Disco, but certainly seems to have the qualities & plays the left edge.....exciting signing if he joined the Seaeagles

Always hard to know with the step up from the U20's Disco, but certainly seems to have the qualities & plays the left edge.....exciting signing if he joined the Seaeagles

True but i feel with having Lyon for 1 more year we have the opportunity to take a punt on a rookie, if he fails Lyon plays 5/8 but if he kicks on the payoff could be big

Always hard to know with the step up from the U20's

Yep, Rudolph was the leading pointscorer in NYC ( or close to it ), Chee Kam was a gun, Cornish was a star.
Look how long it's taken for Luke Brooks to become a good, consistent first grader ( um, has he yet? ) and Cornish has been in and out of 1st grade.
It's fairly hit and miss but.we picked up Hiku (who was the Warriors NYC player of the year).
And most would say that the Sharks won Lotto by stealing Jack Bird from Saints.
For every one that "makes" it, there's probably at least 4 that don't.

Google NRL NYC team of the year and have a look back over the past 4-5 years, about half are what you would call regular 1st graders and half of those are what you could call stars.

Last edited:
As far as team of the year goes your ratio is a little off

Below are all team of the year graduates and thats not including pkayers who arent full established like Brooks and Elgey nor servicable players like De Bellin and S Williams

Foran, Cherry Evans, J Trbojevic JWH, Matulino, RTS, Barba, Bromwich, Fensom, McInnes, S Mata'utia, Merrin, Segeyaro, Finucane, Widdop, Fensom, Mckinnon, Watene-Zelniak, Cartwright, Lichaa, Campbell-Gillard, Keary, Koroibete, Klemer, K Sims, T Sims, Grevsmuhl, Napa, Gagai, J Roberts, Hurrell, Taumalolo, T Peachey, K Evans, T Lafai, Mansour, Seizer, Ryan James, Buhrer, Coote, Sandow and T Williams

Also who cares about top point scorer.......means nothing

Look I'm not saying this kid will be a star but he does have huge potential and we should be looking at buying the best young gun out there whilst we have Lyon as a safety net

As far as team of the year goes your ratio is a little off

Below are all team of the year graduates and thats not including pkayers who arent full established like Brooks and Elgey nor servicable players like De Bellin and S Williams

Foran, Cherry Evans, J Trbojevic JWH, Matulino, RTS, Barba, Bromwich, Fensom, McInnes, S Mata'utia, Merrin, Segeyaro, Finucane, Widdop, Fensom, Mckinnon, Watene-Zelniak, Cartwright, Lichaa, Campbell-Gillard, Keary, Koroibete, Klemer, K Sims, T Sims, Grevsmuhl, Napa, Gagai, J Roberts, Hurrell, Taumalolo, T Peachey, K Evans, T Lafai, Mansour, Seizer, Ryan James, Buhrer, Coote, Sandow and T Williams

Also who cares about top point scorer.......means nothing

Look I'm not saying this kid will be a star but he does have huge potential and we should be looking at buying the best young gun out there whilst we have Lyon as a safety net

C'mon Disco, you're splitting hairs here - 42 out of 102 ( 17 x 6 years ) is "about half" and the ones I've put in bold are rep players ( NZ, GB or Aus ) or stars, and there are quite a few on that list that will be stars plus as you mentioned there are others not on that list that are serviceable players.

As for top point scorer meaning nothing - generally means they score more than a few tries and kick lots of goals.

I'm not averse to being in the market for the best young gun out there but if we're not, then there is always the 2nd, 3rd and 4th best.

Sorry I thought you said for every one that makes it, four don't, that would indicate 20%

But I've had a crappy week at work so maybe I'm just being troublesome

Also Matulino is a NZ rep and Watene-Zelniak have both been chosen but not sure if they played

Haha okay, I'll stop and go get a beer

Point is, we meed a young up & coming half

Your both Right - RIGHT !!:wait:
It is tough but what a way to pick up a rising star if you get it right....worth a chance but we can't discount our own junior halves - theres 2-3 potentials there so thats even sweeter@;)

Cade Cust.....half back

Posted under 'Turbo Brothers' some of the talent in our 20's.
With all fit and Tom T there in finals they may give it a shake.
Too much panic on this board about pinching players from clubs.
Support the good ones we have here ....or pay the price.

So we may have to do it harder fir a while.....can't win every year.
Little disappointed we don't have talk about our fine players in 20's
Just hope Bozo see the light.

Also Matulino is a NZ rep and Watene-Zelniak have both been chosen but not sure if they played

Haha okay, I'll stop and go get a beer

Point is, we meed a young up & coming half

All good Disco, I've had a crappy week too, so after a few Bourbs' and soccer training in the rain, it's better and yes, an up and coming half would be great.

Last edited:
He is a kid with potential, I know my Tigers mates rave about him, I think it would be better to have a younger 5/8 and let him grow into the role, be interesting who the club sign.

wait a mo.....

I was told that the club releasing the player informs the media because of some 10 day rule....and that is why the panthers have been announcing our signings from them...and Manly not announcing them.

But penrith have announced this signing before the tigers.

Methinks I may have been fibbed to before!

Note: Still nothing on our site re those signings by the way.

nerds!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4