Taupau Extends

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Come on dan. Bit harsh. Marty was one of our best last year. Especially back end. Loved that game against the bulldogs were he was still ripping in and trampling defenders in extra time running for over 250m!

Personally i think he is one of the best forwards in the game. Glad we have him on our side. Only see him even better next year
Did you not read my post about throwing out the L brackets?

current mood
giphy.gif

I don't quite know what to think of this announcement. Kapow is great don't get me wrong. But he has two years left to run. Why announce this now. Yeah it's good for memberships may be, Kapow has committed have you. It's clever.

But Does it mean the club just don't have other signings to give us right now to keep the excitement for 2017 ticking over?

I don't quite know what to think of this announcement. Kapow is great don't get me wrong. But he has two years left to run. Why announce this now. Yeah it's good for memberships may be, Kapow has committed have you. It's clever.

But Does it mean the club just don't have other signings to give us right now to keep the excitement for 2017 ticking over?

Agree, I think signings wise we might be done!!

Hopefully it's drip feed. I reckon Matagi is done and they haven't confirmed that one yet.
Matagi isn't going to a "membership booster" type of signing announcement. He'll probably get the Jonathan Wright style of signing announcement - twitter rumours, wikipedia page update and then the first time you hear anything official is when they run out next year in Manly kit

Matagi isn't going to a "membership booster" type of signing announcement. He'll probably get the Jonathan Wright style of signing announcement - twitter rumours, wikipedia page update and then the first time you hear anything official is when they run out next year in Manly kit

Ah, like the Matt Orfird treatment then!

Maybe, just maybe we have extended tapau's contract for one extra season as we may have signed a player or two that'll have their contracts end in 2019 so that we'd have less pressure to retain players in that season

Good bit of business for mine

Obviously he has impressed - 4 years is a long deal these days.

Well done mgmt

So is everybody going to ignore the fact that he gave Barrett a wrap?

Taupau said he is excited about what lies ahead for him and the Sea Eagles.

“I am very happy with this extension of my contract. I thoroughly enjoyed my first season with the Sea Eagles this year,’’ Taupau said.

“There is a lot to like about the direction the team is heading in. Trent Barrett is a wonderful coach and I look forward to further developing my game under him.

“The Sea Eagles are also making great progress off the field and I am glad to be part of their plans.

Yeah I know, he just made that up.

Taupau said he is excited about what lies ahead for him and the Sea Eagles.

“I am very happy with this extension of my contract. I thoroughly enjoyed my first season with the Sea Eagles this year,’’ Taupau said.

“There is a lot to like about the direction the team is heading in. Trent Barrett is a wonderful coach and I look forward to further developing my game under him.

“The Sea Eagles are also making great progress off the field and I am glad to be part of their plans.

Yeah I know, he just made that up.
Not having a dig at Barrett here.
What do you expect him to say?
footballers statements are so scripted this sort of thing has become the norm

With a fit B Lawrence in 2nd row, well balanced pack age and size wise:

Lussick, Parcell, Myles
Lawrence, Kapow,
Jake T
+
Shaun Lane - 21
Height 198 cm (6 ft 6 in)
Weight 115 kg (18 st 2 lb)

AFB - 20
Height 189 cm (6 ft 2 in)
Weight 118 kg (18 st 8 lb)

Frank Winterstein - 29
Height 194 cm (6 ft 4 in)
Weight 105 kg (16 st 7 lb

Sironen would be a great pickup to add to the above.

No dig here either, but I very much doubt those are Marty's words. In fact, I doubt he said anything except, "Thanks for the extra cash." It's a Sea Eagles press release. The writer makes the quote up, attributes it to the player, the club publishes it, news organisations re-run it. That's just the process.
I also doubt Barrett said Marty "likes the direction the club is heading in", given that the direction we've been heading in lately is down.;)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4