Taupau completely nullified tonight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Killer03

Bencher
The boys defence tonight was superb on some of the Tigers forwards. Notably Jake T and Tommy Symonds just gave taupau especially no time and space. Jake cut him down on numerous occasions and T Red was constantly on him too.

Jake T just continues to impress. Some of his chops at the legs and hips is brilliant to watch. And it seems channel 9 are starting to sit up and take notice.

The boys defence tonight was superb on some of the Tigers forwards. Notably Jake T and Tommy Symonds just gave taupau especially no time and space. Jake cut him down on numerous occasions and T Red was constantly on him too.

Jake T just continues to impress. Some of his chops at the legs and hips is brilliant to watch. And it seems channel 9 are starting to sit up and take notice.
Its not just his awesum tackles, he reads the game really well, seems to have time and takes the game in his stride, he has a big future with Manly, NSW and Australia.

But anyhow... Taupau was cut down hard by Jake early, and was having a few "Captain Cooks" early in the game: I don't think he's had his chops busted quite like that, especially since he stacked on 8-10kgs in the off season. Great to see the two "flavour of the month" forwards in Woods and Taupau getting spanked :D

Jake's tackling reminds me of two great Manly forwards - Igor and the Beaver.

He cut down Woods and Taupau a few times tonight.

If NSW had lost on Wednesday he would probably be in line for an Origin jumper. But the NSW pack was strong so I don't think there will be any changes to the Blues.

Tapau was sick, don't know if he was sick before the match started or just became sick at getting his midriff smashed so hard.

How would a blues prop rotation of Woods, Jake T, Klemmer and Tamou go? Looks pretty strong to me.
How good is it that we are here talking about an absolute ROOKIE, and considering not wether he'd be good enough for SOO, but certain that he'd complement and improve the current prop rotation for the Blues :)

Superstar.

Tapau may have been sick and may have had an off game - he's been great for the Tigers all year - but even that doesn't take away from the work Jake T put in. He was incredible tonight - big tackles, strong runs. I love the way he shapes to pass before he hits the line and hustles back in cover. He reads the game so well. Honestly think he's been one of our best players this season. He and his brother(s) have such huge potential.

It's great when you see a player like that and just know, certain about Jake not yet sold on full potential of Tom (but he is young)

I remember feeling the same way (certain)about a nuggety second rower back in 2003. I said to anyone that would listen, he would play for NSW. Can't remember his name but I remember him as a ****wit last seen in yellow and blue

Jake's stats are impressive.

But it's the dominance of his tackles and of his hitups that make him a star. Add to that his nice ball skills and he's the complete package.

Tapau was sick, don't know if he was sick before the match started or just became sick at getting his midriff smashed so hard.

Rabs: So Yvonne, is Tapau just coming off for a rest or is he injured?

Yvonne: I don't want to sound uncouth, but he's just had a big spew!

lol

ch 9 at its finest!

Jake's stats are impressive.

But it's the dominance of his tackles and of his hitups that make him a star. Add to that his nice ball skills and he's the complete package.
The is why stats are deceiving. 20 Jake Turbo tackles are worth three flops. When Jake makes a tackle they almost always result in a slow play the ball.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6