1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taufua

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by manlyfan76, Mar 31, 2012.

1. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,351 / 111
    Big unit looks the goods so far.

2. Ron E. Gibbs

Ron E. Gibbs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,437 / 12
    Yep, he looked OK and scored a try on debut. Unfortunately everybody else looked horrible.

3. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    Both him and share are a better option than Oldfield

• Like Like x 7
  4. anthonyb1965

anthonyb1965 GO Manly Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Canberra
    Ratings:
    +504 / 15
    Really missed killer on that side to direct them though!! Great debut!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. codewana

codewana Active Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0
    He did have a very good debut this afternoon. Bummer result though :(

6. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,534 / 32
    Best thing to come out of the match for me. We've found a replacement for Robbo.

7. swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,202 / 16
    He looks the goods, I wonder if he can be consistant.

8. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    What was wrong with Oldfield tonight, was he injured or just gaffed ? Can't see him getting in ahead of Whare, and based on the enthusiasm of Taufua's performance tonight I'd like to see him get another crack as well

• Like Like x 1
  9. Eagles2nv

Eagles2nv New Team, New Beginnings 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,408 / 35
    Yeah he looks promising, hopefully he continues to get better

10. OneEyedEagle

OneEyedEagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    I was out at the game tonight and won't be too critical of his performance. I thought he looked a bit lost out there, let in two tries from his end of the field. We sure did miss killer also but it was great to see matai back out on the field.

11. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    I have never seen him play winger!! He's been fullback and a little bit of centre.

12. Top End Eagle

Top End Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +949 / 40
    From what I saw on the tele Matai was frickin unreal -we have missed so much of what he brings. We were always gettin ambushed tonight - big deal we are losing and playing well which means we will improve and guess what amigos it is round five and we have had not even close to afull strength side since we towelled the tigers.

Normally being premiers we would want a stack of wins on the board before SOO time but fortunately we are manly and no-one will pick our players!

Stuart may want Watmough and QLD may be silly enough to pick DCE as a replacement - I don't know that he can cover hooker like Sandow could...

But other than that we will be unscathed through this period that has been the curse of previous premiers.

T Rex might play a game or two but he is not the type who can't back up.

Joe was real good for us first game in, King looked three years younge - it will happen soon enough - not like 09 where everythying seemed disjointed just like last year where we got every team at a time they needed to prove something.

We willl be there when we get some home games like the rest of the comp.

13. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    Jorge wqas solid but in reality rather untested.

anyone who thinks that was better than oldfield needs to think again,well at least wait a while until he is put under some true pressure. He got caught out as many times as oldy but may offer more in attack

14. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,798 / 122
    He took the ball up strongly when we were coming back from kicks. He didn't drop it.
    He was better than Oldfield.

15. effnic

effnic Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +215 / 6
    I really wanna see more of this kid.

• Like Like x 1
  16. BOZO

BOZO Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,845 / 192
    Another thing i noticed was that he was never driven back when he was tackled and usually took more than 2 players to bring him down . Also he got more involved in the game than Oldfield .

• Like Like x 1
  17. JK11

JK11 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I agree with positive comments about Taufua. Excellent debut and hopefully we see more of him.

Little bit worried about Wolf. Defensive technique appears to be suffering from a lack of confidence. Love his enthusiasm but he is struggling to get into games and is being targeted on the ground and in the air. He is making me very nervous at the moment. Should i be??

Hope he returns to his best very soon.

18. EagleRock40

EagleRock40 Well-Known Member

Ourimbah, New South Wales
    Ratings:
    +211 / 4
    Once Gift and Lyon are back on that right side his defence will improve dramatically - guaranteed.
    Taufua was excellent, but as we know 1 good game doesnt make a quality player. Would like to see more of him though.

19. Normie

Normie Well-Known Member

Canberra
    Ratings:
    +327 / 4
    Anyone remember Steve Park? He was a winger for Manly in 1987 who was given the label of the next big thing in 1st grade. Only lasted 7 games......

20. conanu

conanu Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,839 / 31
    The only positive to come out of all these injuries is the fact that, we can all realise just how much these injured players are pivotal to the success of the club. We havent looked right since Gift got injured and with Jamie out it hasnt given Daly much to work with on the right.