1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taufua Surgery

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Turbo, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Turbo

Turbo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,568 / 497
    Sunday footy show injury updates say Jorge will have surgery and miss the rest of the year. Hopefully Tom isn't far behind

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. MissKate

MissKate Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,022 / 7
    If Jorge is being given an early mark for his surgery then TT def should also, no disrespect to Jorge but TT is far more important to us going forward than Jorge is

• Agree Agree x 8
  3. Frogz

Frogz Don't mess with the goat, he has photos. Premium Member

Sydney, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,392 / 36
    TT should of been let to have surgery 6 weeks ago. He has been busting his guts on one leg.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Poor Jorge has an infection from his last surgery. Hopefully the surgeon can fix his error :wondering:

Turbo and Chez need their lower legs fixed now.

Darcy also damaged his shoulder :eek:

So much for the healthy sporting life :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Batty

Batty Active Member

Ratings:
    +392 / 51
    All players with surgeries pending should be given an early mark. Part of the reason we struggled early in the season was because our boys didn't have the best preseason.

Too many in recovery and that meant combinations had to be made during the season instead of during the preseason.

A fully fit sea eagles in 2017 will greatly improve our chances next year.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Ranger

Ranger Armchair Expert

Ratings:
    +617 / 10
    2016 is already a write-off.

We don't need 2017 to be derailed by injury before it begins.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dummy Spit Dummy Spit x 1
  7. CBreeagles

CBreeagles Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,119 / 58
    Anyone else not fussed if we don't re-sign him?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Ranger

Ranger Armchair Expert

Ratings:
    +617 / 10
    We would have to find a pretty damn good replacement if we got rid of him.

• Agree Agree x 6
  9. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,404 / 130
    I like him, he makes mistakes sure but when I look at players like Perrett and SKD who have played 200 games and make many more errors.

Jorge is one of our own. And to me that counts.

• Agree Agree x 18
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. double hoops

double hoops Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,636 / 113
    I think you may find this is the real reason Jorge has played on this last month with a plate that needed to come out weeks ago and which got infected as a result.

If he disappeared he wasn't getting resigned.

I'm not a massive fan of Jorge on the wing generally, under the high ball or his awareness of where the footy is in defence. We need another tall option on the wing. Possibly the new red nut.

But I have to give Jorge credit the last month. Injured and with one shoulder he has played his best footy in 18 months. He has used that injured body as a battering ram, getting meters for us and smashing blokes in defence. He's done enough to deserve a new contract.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Mataiforerver

Mataiforerver Active Member

Ratings:
    +159 / 16
    i used to back jorge but we can't be a finals side with a winger who can't catch the ball. Would definitely prefer to have williame or a new signing on his wing instead of him next year, unless he learns how to take a high ball.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,802 / 122
    They are professionals, if they are fit enough to take the field then play.

The competition points may only be of academic interest, but the team performance in the next 3 games is critical.

They won't want to throw away the hard-earned progress they've made. A strong finish will mean confidence going into the off-season, rather than hope. For both players and coaching staff.

(Conceivably may even make a difference to players we are trying to lure over to Manly?)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. NewwyEagle

NewwyEagle I sleep in a racing car

Ratings:
    +1,178 / 60
    His runs out of dummy half and his finishing ability more than make up for the odd error or two imo. I don't think we'd find a better replacement anytime soon anyway.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. Batty

Batty Active Member

Ratings:
    +392 / 51
    Let's take Tommy T for example, so your saying you'd risk his ankle becoming more damaged and possibly requiring a more serious surgical operation and associated recovery - for the next 3 games to build confidence for the playing group (alot of which won't be there next year) and as a potential lure for other players if we win. Fair call.

But for me, I'd send him for surgery today to make sure he's 100% ready for preseason. That also gives an opportunity to a young player (as we would be granted the opportunity by NRL due to injuries) to come through the ranks.

Another slow start to preseason with players still in recovery means a slow start to 2017. No one wants that.

Whether we finished 12th or 14th... No real difference in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 10
  15. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,802 / 122
    No I didn't say that.
    I have assumed our medics have assessed that he can't make it worse.
    If it can get worse then our club is more stupid than I thought.

16. Batty

Batty Active Member

Ratings:
    +392 / 51
    Yeah ... well that was my initial point - players who require surgery for existing injuries - should be given an early mark so as not to risk further damage or risk a slower start to preseason.

IMO - although there's a little to gain from 3 wins finishing outside the 8 - if one of turbo, tafua, dce, lussick etc hurt themselves or do further damage - it wasn't worth it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,765 / 258
    If it can't get worse , and is say a 8-10 week fix, then he may as well continue.

But if he's in any way doing more damage get him away from the game immediately.

I'd love a win before we finish too BUT as 2016 is gone we do need to consider taking care of our stars.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Batty

Batty Active Member

Ratings:
    +392 / 51
    We've all seen Tommy running around on 1 leg... grimacing every time his leg is caught up in a tackle. I grimace every time he grimaces... So much grimacing. Grimaces everywhere....

To the hospital please Tommy! Get yourself right and come back 110%.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Sea Eagles Tom Trobjevic not only re-injured ankle last Thursday but also strained his hamstring

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. TagMonster

TagMonster Well-Known Member

Canberra
    Ratings:
    +506 / 28
    Send them for their surgery, even if they could play without risk of making it worse. The reasoning behind this is that if they take say 10 weeks to recover that means that they can start getting fit, hitting the gym, getting stronger and faster 3 weeks earlier than if they wait. Honestly, what do they have to gain that out weights being fully ready for 2017 and being able to complete an offseason? Even if we have a full strength side we are no certainties to win any of the remaining games let alone all of them.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1