Taufua Shoulder charge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The ref has also apologised for putting Jorge on report. His excuse, which has been accepted by the NRL, was that it was such a good hit he thought Jorge was Steve Matai.

How it was even a penalty let alone a reportable offence is beyond me. Video ref was just maintaining the ineptitude of his on field colleagues. Poor call.

Chip and Chase said:
How it was even a penalty let alone a reportable offence is beyond me. Video ref was just maintaining the ineptitude of his on field colleagues. Poor call.
They had long enough advantage for 1 of TWO vid refs to check it.

manlyfan76 said:
Chip and Chase said:
They had long enough advantage for 1 of TWO vid refs to check it.
Incompetence

So now obviously bending your back and hitting with your shoulder is a shoulder charge too according to the referees? Lucky the match review committee don't agree with them.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Official enough for you

See pic

Thanks!

lol - who's that Tramby guy underneath? Sounds like a suck up top bloke. I'd like his email address and tell him what for!!

edit: At least the mrc made the right call. It was obvious a good tackle and a bad ref's call. As soon as the tv wouldn't show replays of it I knew it must've been ok.

Glad that Jorge is exonerated , such a dumb charge :)

Did anyone comment on his right wrist bandage with 'JG' - Nood homage no doubt
Jorge held it up after his match winning try :angel:

I'm a star on Twiiter as well!!

Just giving BJ a well done tweet, gee that run of his up the middle last night was great...what a signing this year!!

So should it have been called a penalty at all?

That's the problem every time a player puts in a hard hit in the NRL & the player stays down. Penalty every time.

Glad that sense prevailed. One thing, poor Nightingale will be having nightmares about Jorge looming up. The first time he winded him, the second one was a rigorous test of the structural integrity of his ribcage and sternum.

Sorry to use the play on names but...

Cronulla's Mark Taufua was placed on report for a shoulder charge on Broncos halfback Peter Wallace.

Ok fair enough (maybe but I didnt see the tackle)

And yet in the knights v dogs game last week, when chris houston scored his try, reynolds shoulder charged him. Now this was still about 15 mtrs out so you can't say the charge was legal in the act of scoring.

So....why no charge?

Origin?

There seems to be some sort of....if it wasn't a big hit (subjective) it's ok.

Clarify the rule and rule to clarification.

Oh and dogs supporters suck. - thanks for viewing.

Nothing wrong with the Taufua hit. A bad interpretation by the on-field refs when the much larger Taufua made the hit he could on Wallace, as the kicker was off-balance.

Nothing will come of it, but it gave the Broncos a benefit of field possession they didn't deserve.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4