Taufua Shoulder charge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mark from Brisbane said:
With the " Manly Loading" he will probably be gone for a week, they'll make it a grade that ensures this. Remember we can't have this smug Manly side winning games can we, far better for the TV ratings if its just Storm / Souths / Roosters and Newcastle fighting it out. I am really really getting pissed off with the NRL's attitude in recent years, must have really hurt them when we won in 2008 and 2011
That's right Mark. They don't want Manly stuffing up the big Greg Inglis/SBW lovefest they've got planned at the end of the season.

Mark from Brisbane said:
With the " Manly Loading" he will probably be gone for a week, they'll make it a grade that ensures this. Remember we can't have this smug Manly side winning games can we, far better for the TV ratings if its just scum / Souths / Roosters and Newcastle fighting it out. I am really really getting pissed off with the NRL's attitude in recent years, must have really hurt them when we won in 2008 and 2011

Mark, I thought you were all over this.

I looked at it again and again from the nrl highlights vid and unless I'm from planet zorgong-9x, Jorge wraps his arms around nightgown.

So the mrc shouldn't even ask him to come along for tea and bikkies.

globaleagle said:
I looked at it again and again from the nrl highlights vid and unless I'm from planet zorgong-9x, Jorge wraps his arms around nightgown.

So the mrc shouldn't even ask him to come along for tea and bikkies.

How do we speak Zorgong-9x Global???

Because you can bet they will find something in it to get him off the paddock for the SBW "Lovefest" next Monday.....so you may need to intervene.

Just looked at it in slo mo. Jorge's arm comes around that deadbeats body. Nothing to worry about.

Eagles2nv said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
NO CHARGE

source?

or we just making a statement of what it should be.
from foxsports official twitter

Who thinks @manlyseaeagles winger Jorge Taufua is a lucky man after escaping a ban despite being put on report for a shoulder charge? #NRL

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Eagles2nv said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
NO CHARGE

source?

Who thinks @manlyseaeagles winger Jorge Taufua is a lucky man after escaping a ban despite being put on report for a shoulder charge? #NRL

Cheers BE.

This is excellent news.

He was only put on report cause nightingale was crying on the ground.

Eagles2nv said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Eagles2nv said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
NO CHARGE

source?

Cheers BE.

This is excellent news.

He was only put on report cause nightingale was crying on the ground.

correction - he only got put on report because he plays for Manly

His right arm was down and around as I said last night, the replays show that clearly, and hence it was not a shoulder charge and did not deserve a report.

to be honest , i might sound biased but when i played the game i was coached to drive the shoulder in and make the tackle , thats what it looked like to me , i couldnt believe that was given a penalty then on report... if he gets charged ill give the game away !!!

This shoulder charge crap has gone too far...the original intent (I think) was a shoulder charge attacking a players head should be banned (this was last year sometime)....I don't know what the exact ruling is today but fair dinkum they'll have the boys playing "handbags at ten paces" before long.

The problem is the refs! from the open side angle it was hard to see an arm in the tackle but from the replay on the touchys side it was pretty clear, so whats the touch judge doing? Concentrating on not dropping his flag?

Taufua and Vidot shoulder charges were an absolute joke. Neither should be penalties its just killing the toughness out of the game.

globaleagle said:
Need...."official"......report.

Nothing on the NRL or Manly website yet but you'd have to imagine Fox would know, after all NRL headquarters are right there where they are!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4