Taufua primed for Manly Second row

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He's a winger or centre not a backrower, they forget his defence which he will have to do a second row. I'm happy with him on the wing he improved late in the year.
Yes, I think he should remain wing. The transition from wing to second row is very possible though, especially for someone of his calibre. We should trial it in my opinion as he loves to put on some big shots and has plenty of power. I feel his defence would be somewhat decent at second row but on those occasions where he just seems off, he would be a weakness in defence.

It could work and if they want to try doing so, then Buhrer seems gone :(

Work load is completely different.Anyone that thinks he should move there has no idea.And further more,if they think they can get him match fit enough to the riggers of 2nd row,why not get him match fit to take the high balls?Think that would be an easier job than teaching him a new position

Surely there is a better option at half back? Wouldn't you have a laugh if they won a game?

Trent "Playing Coach" Barrett?

Just on Jorge as a back rower......it could work, but I doubt it. Its kinda like Michael Hancock back in the 90's. Everyone said he would end up in the back row and he really never moved off the wing.

Besides, who does Jorge replace.....Ferris? Kapow? Jake? Not bloody likely in my book. And then who do we play on the wing? Of those already at the club Parker would be my choice but there is also Wiliame and Wright (who at least adds an extra goal kicker......but as a winger even Skivy could out run him)

If all the rumours are true I see our top side looking something like this next year (complete with some Barrett position change masterstrokes):

1. Brett Stewart
2. Akuila Uate
3. Martin Taupau
4. Omar Slaimankhel
5. Brayden Wiliame
6. Dylan Walker
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Nate Myles
9. Scott Fulton (c)
10. Greg Bird
11. Jorge Taufua
12. Lewis Brown
13. Glenn Stewart
Interchange:
Darcy Lussick
15. Jonathon Wright
16. Apisai Koroisau
17. Blake Green
I thought Trent would slot in as C-C, with Scott as V-C - thus (more or less) replicating the Hadley/Bozo relationship on 2GB?

can't catch and has the dropsies coming off his own line. he ain't no luke lewis, maybe bench forward.

I can't see it being an easy transition....I'm struggling to remember seeing Jorge pass the ball.

There are plenty of examples of players who started on the wing becoming terrific forwards. I think Jorge could make the transition. If Dropnow could become a champion second rower then it proves there is very little thinking involved.

Yeah...nah.

Horhay doesn't strike me as the type of back that will make the transition into the forwards. I don't think his defence is good enough TBH, nor his workrate. He can't pass so he isn't going to a ball playing forward. So what sort of role would you use him in ? and who from the current roster are you going to replace with him ?
He could take the Lewis Brown Mr Fixit role. If we have an injury in the backs Jorge can cover, if not he comes on for a 30 minute stint in the 2nd row possibly? Possibly not, given zero experience doing it.

Last edited:
  • 👍
Reactions: R3
Jorge would take a year or so, but would be good off the bench to add impact in short spurts as his fitness improves. Certainly he can constantly bend the line, and that's what we need in 2nd rowers...

Anyway..may happen, may not

• 🤝
Reactions: R3
The question is why?

Jorge could make a move to second-row I suppose but why when we have Jamil Hoppa seemingly bound for that position in the near future. Maybe the bench but I'd rather have Jamie Buhrer move their and play the role of a utility, he can be a backup hooker, second-row, lock and centre(not the greatest centre but reliable defencively). It just seems stupid to me.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8