Taufua primed for Manly Second row

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Supreme Leader

Uber L77T playa
Had a discussion with a Manly staffer last night and we were commenting on the backline for 2017, when I questioned on how many wingers does a club need, the feedback was the club was concerned over his inability to "consistently" take the high ball, and when he didn't, how many led to a try by opposition teams. He further said they were happy with his speed and ability to charge the line and it wouldn't be a surprise if he shifted to 2nd row.

Personally I think this is a good option, further if we ran forwards on our bench then we would have cover if a back got injured during a game.

Your thoughts

Yeah...nah.

Horhay doesn't strike me as the type of back that will make the transition into the forwards. I don't think his defence is good enough TBH, nor his workrate. He can't pass so he isn't going to a ball playing forward. So what sort of role would you use him in ? and who from the current roster are you going to replace with him ?

Yeah...nah.

Horhay doesn't strike me as the type of back that will make the transition into the forwards. I don't think his defence is good enough TBH, nor his workrate. He can't pass so he isn't going to a ball playing forward. So what sort of role would you use him in ? and who from the current roster are you going to replace with him ?

If your right, and I agree there would be plenty in front of him, why have we bought / retained so many wingers?

Not a huge fan of this idea but if it was to happen he would be an impact back rower off the bench playing exclusively on the edge

No hitups up the middle more running lines off a DCE pass

35 mins a game will Tapau or Buhrer are off the field

Could tell you the source....but then I would have to .... you. Definitely not a cleaner, but I have seen him picking up beers in the sheds :lipssealed:

If all the rumours are true I see our top side looking something like this next year (complete with some Barrett position change masterstrokes):

1. Brett Stewart
2. Akuila Uate
3. Martin Taupau
4. Omar Slaimankhel
5. Brayden Wiliame
6. Dylan Walker
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Nate Myles
9. Scott Fulton (c)
10. Greg Bird
11. Jorge Taufua
12. Lewis Brown
13. Glenn Stewart
Interchange:
Darcy Lussick
15. Jonathon Wright
16. Apisai Koroisau
17. Blake Green

If your right, and I agree there would be plenty in front of him, why have we bought / retained so many wingers?
NFI. How many wingers does a team need ?? The problem with guys like Horhay, Uate and Tupou (rumoured) is that they don't have a lot of utility value - so it's not like we are covering depth at centre and fullback with those guys.

I think the spot we are skinny in is fullback coverage - presuming Snake is being squeezed out as suggested. We have TT and ...... possibly M Wright at a pinch. Maybe that's where the Omar Slaimankhel whispers are coming from.

If all the rumours are true I see our top side looking something like this next year (complete with some Barrett position change masterstrokes):

1. Brett Stewart
2. Akuila Uate
3. Martin Taupau
4. Omar Slaimankhel
5. Brayden Wiliame
6. Dylan Walker
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Nate Myles
9. Scott Fulton (c)
10. Greg Bird
11. Jorge Taufua
12. Lewis Brown
13. Glenn Stewart
Interchange:
Darcy Lussick
15. Jonathon Wright
16. Apisai Koroisau
17. Blake Green

Surely there is a better option at half back? Wouldn't you have a laugh if they won a game?

I can't see it. I know he was injured this year. But I can't remember the last time he broke a tackle. He did it at will in his breakout year.

I can't see it. I know he was injured this year. But I can't remember the last time he broke a tackle. He did it at will in his breakout year.
As long as his shoulder injury can be repaired I think he could be good there. If it's a chronic condition the extra defence would be hard.

Could be a good utility off the bench? Hey it's either him or Brown

That'll do me Ricardo. You are chase your tail, lick your arse crazzy. The bloke has played one position his entire career with no living witness that has ever seen him pass a ball, and you now have him as a utility player.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6