Taufua [Merged (not yet a mega) Thread]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
ManlyMit said:
Taufua has shut down both his twitter and instagram pages by the looks of it.

But but but how will we be able to give him all of our constructive and much needed coaching tips if he shuts down twitter and instagram???????

globaleagle said:
ManlyMit said:
Taufua has shut down both his twitter and instagram pages by the looks of it.

But but but how will we be able to give him all of our constructive and much needed coaching tips if he shuts down twitter and instagram???????

Unfortunately I have heard he has been getting some hurtful comments, there are some idiots out there who have probably achieved nothing in life and get a thrill out of this. A good move and let him focus if he is playing

I liked the way he played the previous seasons but he has simply lost his confidence and needs some time to work on his game in the reserves.Seems to love Manly and that's a great start.....as for a 110kg tank who plays NRL worrying about what is said on social media ...that is either a joke or the world is more warped than I thought.

susan said:
I liked the way he played the previous seasons but he has simply lost his confidence and needs some time to work on his game in the reserves.Seems to love Manly and that's a great start.....as for a 110kg tank who plays NRL worrying about what is said on social media ...that is either a joke or the world is more warped than I thought.

No one would like to be receive nasty messages and Jorge doesn't need any extra pressure put on him at the moment especially before a sudden death final and yes the world is warped have a look at the nutters in the middle east

The whole twitter thing has always had me confused but one salient point is that if u are worried what some idiot might say to you in cyberspace then don't sign up in the first place.....but that would entail common sense.

It's a bit hard to catch bombs when your center runs at you and gets straight under the ball, bouncing off Matai's head. Twice Matai got in the way. He needs to block attackers away from Jorge not right next to him. Take the bastards out Skivvy.

susan said:
The whole twitter thing has always had me confused but one salient point is that if u are worried what some idiot might say to you in cyberspace then don't sign up in the first place.....but that would entail common sense.

That's like saying a girl is asking for it, if she goes outside in a bikini. These guys should be able to sign up to whatever they like without receiving insults and provocative comments. Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, when used appropriately can connect Jorge with his friends, family, and fan base; something he is entitled to do without abuse.

Sorry Snake.You must have me confused with someone who thinks social media like Facebook,Twitter etc has enhanced the world we live in.It is a blight on the way our kids are being brought up,a facilitator of idiots and predators and one of the core reasons the people of this world are getting f...ing fatter.We had a kid in junior league league up here get a life ban for organizing a pre meditated brawl on Facebook with his dickhead mates in a league match that involved dozens of people and left a long term clubman with serious injuries in hospital.

People should do something really crazy and have a face to face conversation.Its not as scary as they think and even more exciting than a text message.I am on a couple of web forums that reflect my main interests in league and game fishing and enjoy a bit of banter.Why let all this garbage into every part of your life via fb and twitter.

If someone wants to sign up for this rubbish then that is their choice,good luck to them....but don't cry like a baby if you get a cyber spray.As a pro sportsman only an idiot would think they won't cop a spray from the cyber fools if you have a bad trot.Turn the thing off Jorge and enjoy life.You seem like a nice bloke.You don't need it.

Jorge can play.Needs some time in lower grades working on his game and he will be a valuable eagle.This week we need someone with more confidence.

I'm on Twitter, but rarely.

Usually in the lead up to a game, the Twit's (that's what my wife call them) I follow are the major sports (and news) ones.

Used properly its a great way to keep up to date, instantly.

Ditto Facebook has been good for me, loads of old mates, Manly friends and family and its fantastic for when I travel as I can post piccy's and tell friends and family where I am.

Used correctly, both Twitter and Facebook can be great additions to your life BUT the big difference with me is that being older I don't stand for bull**** so will just delete / unfriend anyone that doesn't play nice (and to be honest haven't had to do that in a long time).

But I'd agree with Susan, its a minefield for celebrity and sports people AND ditto for 16 year olds!!

I agree Mark.In mature hands it is fine.Probably should have made my point clearer. I.e although it is absolutely not my cup of tea as an adult I can see some people find it useful But when mixed with children and young celebs it is a disaster zone.These are the formative years and they are so easily mislead.My daughter showed me some pictures her friend who was 11 received on Instagram a while back....it was absolutely shocking.

Poor Horhay looks like he would rather put his cap on backwards and look cool rather than have a dig these days.

Maybe his hero Stevie has let him down in some way.

Or maybe Stevie can get him back on track quick. I noticed Souths had a plan for Steves blocking, and actually had blockers on our blocker, leaving Jorge isolated.

MadMarcus said:
Harry said:
The mail out from Manly apparently is Taufua is struggling to hold his place for Saturday night

Can't hold his place.... So he will be dropped. Seems like he bombed his chances and just can't catch a break.

You know what I would do for the young guy as he would be down at the moment and I feel sorry for him. I would have him coming off the bench and taking Watmoughs spot and giving him a run rather than not playing at all and If Watmough does leave next season which I think he will, they should be playing Taufua there. I never thought he was a winger from the start but a backrower, he is not athletic enough for a winger.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4