Taufua [Merged (not yet a mega) Thread]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: tafua

Im a Fan of Jorge but under the high ball even last year a few teams found him out. Give him more practise during the week or get matai to drop back

I can see an argument either way. As part of the forward rotation Jorge would add grunt, although learning the ropes 5 days out from the finals is absurd. But I don't think any of the Other backs we have could have set up our last try last night. Those fends were awesome and I reckon he would have skittled Morgan too if he had no support.

seaeagledave said:
I agree with some of the other comments. Would love to see him as part of the forward rotation as he is a strong reliable runner of the football. Strengthens our bench plus also removes the issue of him under the high ball.

He picked up an injury during the Aukland Nines and was initially going to be out for the season.He has to wear a restrictive shoulder brace. Obviuosly he has tried to tough it out but Cutherson or Blair would have to be a better option until Jorge gets his surgery done and recovers.

He is to have shoulder and ankle surgery at the end of the year. He will never play in the forwards . He will finish the year the best he can and be better next year.

Terrible first half but he did have a much better second 40. Made a total of 115 metres during the match and made that handy break to set up Gutherson's try.
At the end of '12 and the beginning of '13 he was terrible under the high ball.
Practice, practice, practice Horhay.

Not given enough time to recover from busted shoulder, then allowed to play in a brace. He can barely breathe properly. Medical staff should be sacked. Meanwhile, Jorge MUST be replaced . We lost GF due to a winger scared to catch the ball , now we have another. If Tooves is in charge of this team, make a call!

Big fan of "Taufua" -(see 'cause I spell his name correctly.)

But I am not sure why we didn't give Cheyse more games mid year when jorge was recovering from his injury.

I mean cheyse has always played well when called in, and to have Jorge playing when he couldn't breathe properly.....well.....it seems a strange decision.

Horses for courses . I would drop Tafua !

You don't have to be Einstein to figure out that South's will be bombing Tafua at every opportunity after he's inept display in this area against the Cowboys.

Therefore I would pick Blair on one wing and Hiku on the other both are so much better under the high ball and would go along way to nullify Reynolds and co kicks on the night.

Thoughts ?

RE: Horses for courses . I would drop Tafua !

Yep. I have thought all year we've looked a lot stronger with Blair in the side.

Stevo said:
Yep. I have thought all year we've looked a lot stronger with Blair in the side.

I agree 100%, Blair is big strong, fast and good under the high ball. I actually think he should be an automatic selection.

Of course. Blair on left. Jorge can be consoled by the fact he's injured, and needs to get himself right before trying to make early / premature comeback.

Agreed - one thing that Reynolds can do is kick to the corner - Jorge will be freaking out as much as we will be :cool:

Jorge has never been good at this, but now with his impaired movement and he is playing next to Matai, who hasn't been able to lift his arm above his head in years. :s

Blair should have been in the team all year while Jorge should have had surgery on his shoulder and ankle.

What's the bet that Blair goes back to Parra next year under Arthurs and takes Sio's spot on the wing.

I'm surprised opposition teams don't bomb Jorge more often. He's a shocker when it comes to the high ball, can't jump for sh##. Blair is a better option in my opinion.

He is such a hard runner though. Put him on the bench. Gutho to wing.

What about Clinton Gutherson?
He had a good game on Saturday night and safe under the high ball. Speed to burn and not a bad defender.

Are we resigned to the fact that he's a cover only for fullback?

They will be targeted too.

Lote is slower than a wet week.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8