Taufua is going OK

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
Taufua has provided some great plays in tough situations recently including a super break against the Dogs & plenty of tough yards also in his first absolute pressure cooker game.
His defence has also improved with both technique & positionally though still needs tweaking, like any other winger new to the top grade.
Many rate him a liability against any air raids & imo this is his worst area but....he needs more protection from his outside backs as many occasions has been left flat footed with 2-3 attackers having the momentum & jump on him.
Obviously while a fit Wolf covers 1 wing , Taufua deserves the other with Whare & Oldfield options if injury occurs.
Any other ideas?? Have just noticed a few seem Taufua is not the best option yet recently I dont think he has done that much wrong??

He's alright, but there are dozens of better wingers in the NRL.
A good winger at full tilt for 40 metres with only diminutive Ben Barba to beat should score. He just needed to step inside and go under the posts.
Look, he tried hard, and even jumped and caught one ball. I'd like him to run from dummy half more because he is strong and capable of breaking tackles. But these days being able to leap is so important.
I'd like Manly to approach Edrick Lee from Canberra. He was dropped last match to Toyota Cup to make way for Duggan. Lee is the build of the modern day winger; I don;t believe Jorge is.

I was one who didn't want this bloke to even see the change rooms at the start of the year but he has improved. Explosive ball runner. Just gotta learn how to jump.

I like him. His got a couple of flaws, but I think the coaching staff can iron those out.

He's only 20, so be patient,Barba may be small,but his defense one on one has improved out of sight, Foran couldn't get past him, he's not an easy guy to step around.
He really knows how to make his own luck in a game

I agree, I reckon he's going great for us just needs to contest the high ball, his runs are damaging and his defence is ok he just needs more games under his belt he reminds me of "The Beast" running let's just hope he has better hands.

clontaago said:
Line Breaks 2012

Barba 19
Inglis 17
Uate 17
Linnet 16
Morris 16
McManus 15
Taufua 14

And he missed 4 rounds. Made his debut against Parra in round 5. Looks likely to make a break everytime he gets the ball. Been a huge find for the club.

He is going damn well and will only improve

15 NRL games is absolutely nothing and he is showing plenty of good signs

He has improved hugely since his debut. Sure he needs to work on defending kicks and I am sure he will improve here. A few weeks back I would have preferred Whare but in recent weeks have definitely seen a massive improvement in Taufua's attacking abilities. He is a keeper imo, in another year he will be even better.

Ohh, lets be HONEST and face facts.

His in-goal defence, positional play and jumping are barely up to Toyota Cup level. He is targeted because of his vulnerability.

He rarely delivers an accurate inside pass after all these 'line breaks'.

He's good when he gets the ball in his hand, but his 'finishing' is average. He's an average winger, and would not be in the squad of any other top 8 team. We have shortage of good wingers, with only Wolfy. Yes, we lost two (Hoppa, Robbo), & Ben Farrer out for season.

Whare to the wing, and pray Snake can do the rest of the season.
I am not a fan. With our other attack problems, do the coaching squad really have time to coach him on the basics ?

i like his first up effort but he has to be one of the worst positioned wingers in the nrl right now and he doesnt seem to be improving.

This worries me

EagleFromMay1967 said:
Ohh, lets be HONEST and face facts.

His in-goal defence, positional play and jumping are barely up to Toyota Cup level. He is targeted because of his vulnerability.

He rarely delivers an accurate inside pass after all these 'line breaks'.

He's good when he gets the ball in his hand, but his 'finishing' is average. He's an average winger, and would not be in the squad of any other top 8 team. We have shortage of good wingers, with only Wolfy. Yes, we lost two (Hoppa, Robbo), & Ben Farrer out for season.

Whare to the wing, and pray Snake can do the rest of the season.
I am not a fan. With our other attack problems, do the coaching squad really have time to coach him on the basics ?

Wouldn't be in the squad of any other top 8 club ?

Thats a gee up right ?

I like taufua, i think he will be a quality player in the future. I think with whare and oldfield heading to different clubs, this first grade time will do taufua some good.

Ill admit he needs to work on high balls, and at times his positional play in defence.

He is a big boy and i cant help feel that he is going to be another T-Rex and end up as a second rower.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6