Tandy found dead

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ryan said:
So disappointing and sad on so many levels. He's someone's son, friend, and provided fans with entertainment. Unfortunately it looks like he mingled with the wrong crew, but people do their best in life given the circumstances.

My deepest Condolences to the Tandy family. Thoughts and prayers are with you at the tragic time.

Death no matter is so final, everlasting and soul crushing. Trust me, I know of late :( Support this young man. If he had more positive support maybe this tragedy could have been avoided.

Well said mate.

Ryan said:
So disappointing and sad on so many levels. He's someone's son, friend, and provided fans with entertainment. Unfortunately it looks like he mingled with the wrong crew, but people do their best in life given the circumstances.

My deepest Condolences to the Tandy family. Thoughts and prayers are with you at the tragic time.

Death no matter is so final, everlasting and soul crushing. Trust me, I know of late :( Support this young man. If he had more positive support maybe this tragedy could have been avoided.
[/quote

Thanks Ryan - well said.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Sorry, here is the sincere tribute I should have posted. Excerpt from SBS news

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2014/04/28/ex-nrl-player-tandy-found-dead

Tandy, who had a gambling problem, left Melbourne for the Bulldogs during the 2010 season only months after winning the NRL premiership which was later stripped from the Storm for salary cap breaches...

Tandy was banned for life from the NRL for match-fixing...

Earlier this year, he was again in the headlines for the wrong reasons.

Tandy was accused of being the "hired muscle" in the kidnapping of a man in January on the NSW Central Coast over a drug debt worth tens of thousands of dollars.

He had been due in court next month.

So now you ''sincerely'' highlight the guys' mistakes as some sort of egotistical justification for YOUR warped perspective.

Totally inappropriate and unnecessary.

I feel sorry for the people in your life you claim to love and vouch for, and envy someone who must never have fu##ed up in their shiny, self-righteous life.

I feel SORRIER for Tandy's loved ones.

Having lost people in my life to drug overdose, amongst other things, there are no winners and very few deserve it.

Actually sorry we support the same club.

I truly feel sorry for the Tandy family's loss. No matter what the circumstances, no one should have to go through what they must of been through over the last few years.

As for some of the comments in this thread, I have now lost all respect for some posters that I have enjoyed reading comments from over many years. Bow your heads in shame......

Rest in Peace Ryan Tandy

Very sad indeed..

young man and carried enough on his shoulders i can imagine at times in takes just one silly mistake and without the right people & advice the hole seems bigger than what it is and you just cant seem to get out , but losing a life in any manner is sad..

RIP mate

Just a sad story. I'm sure he had more skeletons in his closet than just the one mistake, but we all have more than 1 thing if we had our chance over we'd do differently. I'm not sure if he felt any remorse over the events of his life at his death or he genuinely felt sorry for those he hurt. I just know he has left behind a family and friends who will be devastated and asking themselves all sorts of questions about what they could have done to save him. Maybe they couldn't have, I don't know. As I said, just a sad story.

My apologies to those I have offended in this thread. It wasn't my intention. I don't share the same views on death that many of you seem to, and it didn't occur to me that you would feel so connected with the event. I also acknowledge that he hadn't yet been to trial for being a standover man, and that my attitude was coloured by that allegation, and that's unfair to his memory and his family.

Heavy stuff. It's always surreal when someone dies and moves from this world to another.
I feel for his poor family who will now attempt to pick up the pieces. Wishing them all the strength in the world.

Im in London and havent seen any detailed media about his death, other than that it might have been prescription meds. Has this been missed so far - the prescription meds bit? I mean, the NRL was going to ban them or try and regulate them, werent they? (which i do not agree with).

Bad timing for the NRL. A banned player (and still very young man) dies from prescription drugs. A month after a player is dropped on his head and winds up in a wheelchair. O and the refs are still hopeless. Tough year for the NRL eh

I love how people get precious about death. I wonder how many here would be so magnanimous about Ryan Tandy had he still been alive and offered a position on the Sea Eagles coaching staff ??

Tragic end and no doubt sad for his family, but you don't suddenly become a saint just because you die....unless you are the Pope of course.

Chip and Chase said:
I love how people get precious about death. I wonder how many here would be so magnanimous about Ryan Tandy had he still been alive and offered a position on the Sea Eagles coaching staff ??

Tragic end and no doubt sad for his family, but you don't suddenly become a saint just because you die....unless you are the Pope of course.

I wasn't being precious about death, for one.
It takes a hell of a lot to offend me.

I made a call on a guy that PM 's people here randomly ''advising'' on forum decorum AND good taste.

The same guy that has since deleted his cheap-shot and still tried to justify his schoolboy stance.

That's not just precious, that"s priceless.

For mine, it was un-Australian, even un-Manly to seek a cheap laugh when the bloke's been dead a few hours.

I reckon most here would feel very different if it was their brother, mate or even child.

Just occasionally, there are times when, if you have nothing good to say...just say nothing.

MadMarcus said:
Nice segway from death to religion in the last few posts. I'm sure this will lead to a civil discussion...

I could segue it into a discussion on spelling if you like Marcus. Might be more civil ;)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6