Tamou in Trouble

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The segment isn't actually named highlight of the week, it is what caught your eye, and seeing that caught many people eyes

Saying that players having a beer or 2 after origin is the sign of a cultural problem in the game is for me drawing a very long bow and a massive over reaction. Tbh I was stunned when I heard on the Sunday Footy Show that people were complaining about it

I don't think this is 1 we will be agreeing on lol

COMMANDER said:
Should be deported back to NZ via NSW.

Absolutely. Just like Inglis should be deported back to Qld via Macksville for his previous indiscretions, hey Commander. ;-)

If you want a free days entertainment with plenty of WTF's..get on down to your local court house for Monday RBT hearings...seriously...I was up there a while back helping out a young bloke who got pinged for DUI. The place is packed, and the bullshiit that is not only given in evidence, but incredibly accepted as gospel by the magistrate is unbelievable. It is no wonder they keep on re offending.

dceagle said:
No,of course 1 beer isn't getting on it , that is not the point intended . That seeing the lads having a beer on TV was his highlight of his week is imbecellic , and is a sign of a cultural problem the game continues to suffer from .

We all wish for the good old days again , unfortunately it's a different world these days .

I bet the playing surface of the stadium is not a licensed area and consuming alcohol on it would be in breach of their liquor license and fineable.

I don't understand the comments from people in this thread saying we shouldn't judge until he is proven guilty..............ummmm, he has blown 0.197, almost 4 times the legal limit. This isn't in dispute. He clearly is guilty, what else can he plead?

If this isn't the exact definition of bringing the game into disrepute, then I don't know what is. I don't care who the player is, where they are from or who they play for. The line has already been drawn in the sand with Brett's NRL suspension - 4 weeks. Anything less would be a total joke. And he should not, under any circumstances, be allowed to play Origin. This isn't taking a sneaky leak in an alley. What Tamou did could have killed somebody. Time to make these players realise they aren't above the law.

Brett 4 weeks NRL Suspension for allegedly (disproven in Court) intoxicated in a bar versus Tamou, Police tested and shown to be at 20% Blood Alcohol Level in a moving car, without a valid licence.:mad:

Over to you, NRL Integrity Unit :cool:

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
HappilyManly said:
Tamou, tested and shown to be at 20% Blood Alcohol Level in a moving car, without a valid licence.:mad:

I'm afraid you have your decimal point in the wrong spot. it was nearly .2 (.197) not 20%.
BTW, .2 is pretty pissed!

mmmdl said:
The line has already been drawn in the sand with Brett's NRL suspension - 4 weeks. Anything less would be a total joke.

Ummmmm, you're looking at the wrong line. That's the Manly players line. There's another line a bit further back that Gallop drew for everyone else in the NRL. You might remember, it's the line Inglis and Carney used.

mmmdl said:
I don't understand the comments from people in this thread saying we shouldn't judge until he is proven guilty..............ummmm, he has blown 0.197, almost 4 times the legal limit. This isn't in dispute. He clearly is guilty, what else can he plead?

If this isn't the exact definition of bringing the game into disrepute, then I don't know what is. I don't care who the player is, where they are from or who they play for. The line has already been drawn in the sand with Brett's NRL suspension - 4 weeks. Anything less would be a total joke. And he should not, under any circumstances, be allowed to play Origin. This isn't taking a sneaky leak in an alley. What Tamou did could have killed somebody. Time to make these players realise they aren't above the law.

So even though we all disagreed with the way Brett was treated all others should be treated the same?

I am not saying i know the right way to handle issues like this but what would help is a clear set of guidelines (for players and fans) that reduce the somewhat subjective nature of the decisions

wombatgc said:
If you want a free days entertainment with plenty of WTF's..get on down to your local court house for Monday RBT hearings...seriously...I was up there a while back helping out a young bloke who got pinged for DUI. The place is packed, and the bullshiit that is not only given in evidence, but incredibly accepted as gospel by the magistrate is unbelievable. It is no wonder they keep on re offending.

Yup, I had to go into court as a whitness about 2 years ago for an assault, I sat in the waiting area for a while but when I got bored I went to the court room the hearing was going to be in and sat at the back. It's clear BS the magistrate knows it, everyone knows it, but what are they going to do? Fill our jails with these people?

Whilst I think that may be one of the only things that will make them learn I can't see it happening.

I think they should not only take your license but take your car, impound it for the length of your suspension and you pay a fine and don't get your car back until the fine and impound fees are paid. The impound fees of course keep accumulating as well.

For multiple offenses they just crush your car.

That will teach a few people

^nice.

Also I think it's only fair that Tamou is banned from club footy but ok for NSW footy.

Also papilli should be suspended from club and soo for qld...At least until nsw wraps up the (a) series.

Court adjourned.

It was because he played well for the Blues that the cops busted him. LOL Sh*t...I'm out of aluminium foil!!!

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/williams-charged-with-drink-driving-20100413-s6t2.html

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/manly-winger-tony-williams-charged-with-drink-driving/story-fn2mcuj6-1225919411075

All I could find

Choc was suspended for 1 week by NRL for pissing.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-sea-eagles-anthony-watmough-and-terence-seu-seu-charged-over-urinating-in-public/story-e6frexnr-1226033313887
Fines of $200 from police await the pair who have also been banned from playing in the NRL for a week and fined a week's wages each.

They will miss the Sea Eagles' match against the Sharks on Saturday.

And he was front page News in all News Publications :mad:

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Putting possible club and NRL sanctions aside for a moment, it seems like the court will impose a very soft penalty for what I consider a major, potentially fatal, offence. Driving without a licence is serious enough, but when you are so heavily intoxicated the punishment should be really severe.
I can understand (not condone) how people drive when just over the limit, mistakenly thinking they are "OK" but when you are four times over the limit . . .
Unforgiveable. The penalty should then be doubled because he was unlicenced. Let's hope the court is much tougher than it has been speculated.

Doesn't he have any mates who could've taken the keys or given him a lift home, or called a taxi?

I mean the place up there isn't that big!

lsz said:
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/williams-charged-with-drink-driving-20100413-s6t2.html

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/manly-winger-tony-williams-charged-with-drink-driving/story-fn2mcuj6-1225919411075

All I could find

Cheers lsz. All clubs would have their own protocols I assume. the Cowboys will act as they see fit.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8