Takeover bid set to rock Manly Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hey Dan, I hope the same warning goes up with other posters who use the c word and get stuck into Matabele. (I wasn't aware he was an endangered species).

DSM5 said:
Hey Dan, I hope the same warning goes up with other posters who use the c word and get stuck into Matabele. (I wasn't aware he was an endangered species).

Dave, not sure what you are suggesting? Are you saying that Jethro shouldn't have moderated the post on the previous page or what?

From Byso's and a couple of previous posts on this thread, it seems as if Penn is now the target and suddenly he gets the blame for all the nonsense. Suddenly Max wasn't broke, didn't fail to meet his financial commitment etc etc

I can only say that on GF night, there was clearly a strong bond in evidence between Des, Penn and the players that was not visible between other members of the board!!! A few other characters were notable by their absence and Des was quoted in a paper as not having spoken to a FC personality for months!!

Noticeable also that there are current meetings between various parties, including prospective new sponsors/takeovers etc whilst Penn is away. That shows little integrity or commitment to working together, though maybe Penn's legal threat to buy out the dodgy Quantum deal (reputed to be a front for the unfinancial Delmege) brought that upon.

Most telling that the papers continue to report board unrest about Des and board members trying to get rid of him now, challenging Penn's commitment to keeping here for 2012.

My Maths tells me that 2 + 2 = 4. Penn being the problem at Manly doesn't seem to work.

I am sure that the Football Club boys would like us to think that. It might save their bacon. However, the toxicity on the board is more than just Penn and to take sides with no evidence just washes away the culpability of the current FC board in my opinion.

Frankly I've just reached the stage where all I care about (off the field) is the clubs long term financial security and the upgrade of Brookie oval.

Just goes to show what a great coach Des is to achieve what he has with all that's being going on behind the scene.

I actually met the guy they are talking about from URM after the World Club Challenge in 08. He was a really nice bloke and a really huge Manly supporter. He shouted me drinks all night in the Resident's Bar where we were staying, that was great because I didnt have 2 cents to rub together. But that isnt the reason I am telling you he is a good guy for Manly, the reason is that his company URM is a worldwide Waste and Recycling company and is probably worth more than Quantum and Penn. But he is a really decent bloke from what I could tell. And at the time I recall he had nothing but positives to say about Penn and Delmege and that was at the time when Penn and Delmege crap started. He was a Sponsor for a long time but told me he was happy to contribute from the background and wasnt really mad about being the centre of attention, and that was proven when the a few of the players we were having a quiet beer with also had no idea he was a sponsor and I thought that was really nice to hear. He was over there at the time having meetings with the London or Manchester arm of his business and then heading on to the US to meet with the other guys that work for him. Either he was full of **** or the real deal. Personally I want Penn to stay. I only care about the club at the end of the day my only concern is that we go onward and upward.

DSM5 said:

DSM, I don't know if Dan will be giving the same warning but I will be. As for Mata, he's pretty thick skinned. If he takes offense at anybody using any material that is defamatory, abusive, harassing, or hateful towards him then he can take action to rectify the situation. My main concern is the unnecessary use of the "F" and "C" words and especially the latter.

manlyborn said:
Frankly I've just reached the stage where all I care about (off the field) is the clubs long term financial security and the upgrade of Brookie oval.

Just goes to show what a great coach Des is to achieve what he has with all that's being going on behind the scene.

I agree manlyborn. Your posts are becoming a beacon on here - keep it up :)

WAMF said:
Daniel said:
WAMF said:
I wonder who the only quote in this 'Exclusive' comes from? As expected there is no source named in relation to the 'I don't know what Penn looks like' quote. Surprise surprise.

Quote was about Perry and not Penn, it's worth reading an article completely and comprehending it before passing judgement on it

You've obviously never made an error. No need to be snide.

There's a couple of differences. Dan is not ignorant, nor is he insufferably arrogant.

robbiea said:
Good riddance Penn - U pompous <DELETED> ..
Are u going to take your mouthpiece Matabele with u ??

You may need to have another read of the Silvertails Terms and Conditions and especially what is written under the heading "Inappropriate Language and Use". Your second sentence could also be deemed as to have breached the rules too but I will leave that for Matabele to decide.

http://www.silvertails.net/articles/site-information/5144-terms-of-use

This so-called relationship I have with Penn has become one of the core site myths, essential to it's bonhomie and banter. It would most grieve people to realise I've spent 5 minutes of my life talking directly to said Penn, though I'm told he's really good at telepathy.

robbiea said:
In that case Jethro ,i don't expect to see no more swearing here .Keep busy..

That best not be yet another dig at moderators & crying foul when your own miscalculations get pulled up.

Jatz Crackers said:
robbiea said:
In that case Jethro ,i don't expect to see no more swearing here .Keep busy..

That best not be yet another dig at moderators & crying foul when your own miscalculations get pulled up.

There's just no accountability these days. Honestly these fruitloops who whinge and moan when they don't get their way, and agitate as though they own the site and have a stake in its existence. It's a free service, if you don't like it, noone compels them to come here. Little wonder Daniel is sorely tempted to wind things up sometimes.
Whinging
Agitating
Moaning
Fruitloops

Look out for another player in the takeover stakes.

If I win that $32 million jackpot from the $5 lottery a lot of people will be calling me Sir, Des included. And Sam Burgess and Matt Scott will be our starting props for the next 3 years.

bob dylan said:
Look out for another player in the takeover stakes.

If I win that $32 million jackpot from the $5 lottery a lot of people will be calling me Sir, Des included. And Sam Burgess and Matt Scott will be our starting props for the next 3 years.

Two years ago I got 6 numbers out of 7 in Oz lotto in a $30mil week. I won $6k , but would have won $84k with just one supplementary or the whole $30mil to myself with the last number as no one won it and it jackpotted to $40mil the week after. I would happily have given the club $10mil of it and try to get all the right people in the right places .....whoever they might be. Once that was done I would sit back and enjoy it. So close. :(

Its a nice dream Bones, I got 5 out of 6 in the early days of lotto, the other number was 1 off (I had 18 and 17 was drawn) I got $1400.

I continue to spend $50 a fortnight, Andrew Wilkie will probably stop me soon though.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6