Take a bow Trent Barrett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm not sure he should be taking a bow, but he can certainly sleep easier knowing there is a renewed effort from the boys and bright signs for the future.

Ive been quite harsh but im the first to put up my hand if im wrong and if the team continues to improve then i will do just that. I also loved the way the team got around DCE when he kicked the FG.

Ridiculous statement really, about as silly as if I was to say it's amazing what a difference having Green in the team has made ...
If you can't see the difference in attitude of the players since Snake has been dropped then you are in denial. It's a terribly sad fact that Snake has not led by example this season, after being one of our two best ever fullbacks (with Wombat). As a result, players of lesser ability have not put in and the team has not been united.
Surely the last two matches - and particularly the gutsy way each player played on Saturday night - show how we could have performed all season.

Again, that argument has as much merit as the team getting in behind Nathan Green on his return to 1st grade and playing hard to see him get a result

Also might help matters when you have Lyon, DCE, Taupau and co returning to the team ...

Again, that argument has as much merit as the team getting in behind Nathan Green on his return to 1st grade and playing hard to see him get a result

Also might help matters when you have Lyon, DCE, Taupau and co returning to the team ...
The facts are simply that there is a great deal of merit in his opinion.

Stewart has been absolutely disgraceful both in attitude and form. His stats border on the ridiculous.He is on current form easily the worst fullback in the comp.Many have different opinions on why this is the case but the reality is he has been awful and sentiment has to take a back seat to reality in pro sport.

If you strip away the fact that we all love his contribution to Manly over the years those are the cold hard facts. We are a better team without him. There is absolutely no doubt about that.

The question of how the club recognises his great contribution is a separate conversation and is entirely separate to whether he should be in the team.

Last edited:
The facts are simply that there is a great deal of merit in his opinion.

Stewart has been absolutely disgraceful both in attitude and form. His stats border on the ridiculous.He is on current form easily the worst fullback in the comp.

If you strip away the fact that we all love his contribution to Manly over the years those are the cold hard facts. We are a better team without him. There is absolutely no doubt about that.

The question of how the club recognises his great contribution is a separate conversation and is entirely separate to whether he should be in the team.

Form a mile down on his best no doubt about that, whether he should be in the team or not is another good debate

But to put the reversal in fortunes solely down to him not being in the side is drawing a very long bow

Of course it is not solely down to him. Many things go into the mix when a teams form improves.

Let's not sugarcoat this. Unless people have their eyes painted on it is obvious his presence has been toxic.Everything I hear from within the club and what has played out in matches this year make it simply undeniable

His form and blatant lack of interest was making the entire club look directionless and leaderless and I for one am happy they have bitten the bullet.

It is also important the club recognises his massive input in the correct manner so our new found team and club harmony continues.

I believe Einstein called this the theory of addition by subtraction. Or maybe it was Aristotle. Or maybe the famous Greek/Jewish academic Aristotle Einstein. Anyway it was someone...

Reading the Play said that Trent really had to fight to be 'allowed' to drop Snake. Gutsy stuff if true. Regardless, the commitment I've seen in the last two games plus the improvement in the games of a few of our players has me in Team Trent. He shows great belief in our players and he's with us for three years. So I'm with him.

Yes I agree, he's a SuperCoach who is the envy of the League. Look out Dalai Arthur, there's a new kid on the block, he's on a winning streak of............Two!

You are mellowing you old softee. You didn't say sack him once.

I would rather have Trent spitting outside the tent than spitting in. Weather we win or lose he is a sea eagle and deserves support no matter what. He is doing his best by sticking to the players and the club so we should stick by him. Its the aussie thing to do. Forget the rabble and lets move forward. Your one of us Trent weather we like it or not.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2