Tahu out of Origin 2

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just reading the Telegrap and Tahu reported to have left camp for "messy" and "unfortunate" personal reasons, replaced by Joel Monaghan.

Monaghan is certainly an adequate replacement. Canberra are looking good. They will be a machine in the very near future IF they can keep their team together.

Their forward pack is big, mobile, and full of heart and passion.

Similar to ours in 2008 !!

Joey row: Tahu walks out on Origin

* By Andrew Webster in Kingscliff
    * June 12, 2010 10:52AM

PARRAMATTA winger Timana Tahu walked out on the NSW Origin side after a personal fallout with assistant coach and former Knights teammate Andrew Johns.

Despite the seriousness of the matter, a "shattered" Johns has not been dismissed from the camp.

It is understood that a remark that Johns said earlier in the week in Tahu's presence had offened him. He asked coach Craig Bellamy if he could leave the camp and left yesterday afternoon.

"Earlier in the camp I made some comments which Timana Tahu deemed inappropriate and offensive," Johns said.

"My comments weren't directed towards Timana, they were about myself and Timana's deemed them to be offensive and inappropriate.

"I'm really upset and shattered. We go way back. I've known him since he was a kid. Unfortunately, we had a day off yesterday and I didn't get a chance to see 'T' before he left. I've been trying to call him.

"It's a private matter between myself and him and we'll talk in the next couple of days."

Tahu has been replaced by Canberra star Joel Monaghan was rushed into the side last night. He was cleared of a thumb injury before joining the camp yesterday.

"It's something you would rather not deal with but you have to respect Timana's privact privary and his views, which we do," team manager Craig Young said. "In relation to Joey, he's very shattered. He's obviously very passionate about NSW. He'll get back on the bike today and he'll get on with it."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/joey-row-tahu-walks-out-on-origin/story-e6freuy9-1225878751724

LOL. I don't know what Joey said, but Tahu is a bit precious. No big loss for NSW, Monaghan will be just as adequate as TimTam.

Hasn't Monaghan played at this level in the past and come up short?  Beau Champion should have got the gig. 

Tahu was on the wing, not in the centers this time. Can't see Champion on the wing TBH. Maybe Michael Gordon deserved a crack, at least we would have had a decent goalkicker then.

DSM5 link said:
'What did Joey say' would be a juicy thread.

he probably stole joeys cocaine back in them steroids induced knights days

It was obviously some form of racial comment, that could be the only thing that would initiate that sort of response.

The news headline up here was "racial slur".

Apparently the comment was made a couple of days ago & since then TT has stewed on it.

I dont know but it sounds a lot like a joke was cracked & TT has become offended, moved to the feotal position and then jumped up & thrown the rattles out of the pram.

Johns might have to walk from Newcastle to Sydney once more.  How many lives can this cat have?

lsz link said:
If it was racial i am not sure how it could be a joke

Is there no such thing as a humurous comment being made about a topic that involves another race, religion, culture or even something seemingly politically incorrect by todays ridiculous double standards ?

And of course youve never made a joke about someone else have you.

Something someone once said to me.............."if someone is offensive there is no real need for you to take offence"

If what has been reported is true it is not a joke or humerous

I have made jokes but not based on someones race, sexual orientation or intellect. It is just me but i do not find jokes like that funny - and that is not being pc etc

Johns quits Blues
12/06/2010 9:56 PM
Sportal

NSW assistant coach Andrew Johns has stood down from his position with the Blues' Origin team on Saturday night, following his comments that sparked Timana Tahu to leave the squad just days before Origin II on Wednesday.

Johns made the decision, and also issued apologies to both Tahu and Queensland Origin and Melbourne Storm star Greg Inglis for the comments he made on Wednesday night.

Johns explained that his slur that cause Tahu to quit the Blues' squad was of a racial nature.

"Two nights ago while trying to talk up the match I made a disparaging comment about a member of the other team and in the process of that I referred to the colour of his skin."

"I should have thought more what I was saying about a player whom I have always admired and respected and I hope to speak with Greg soon to explain what happened."

"I only hope that by stepping aside I can show others how seriously I am taking this issue and hopefully others may learn from it as well."

"I would love nothing more than to see Timana re-enter the team."

"It is something I deeply regret and I will do all I can to repair my friendships with both Greg and Timana and to regain the respect of those I have let down."

http://sportal.com.au/league-news-display/johns-quits-blues-93016

Whatever happened to blokes being blokes ?

If i made a joke amongst men then i would expect that if someone took some sort of politically incorrect offense at my comment they would not not gush and cry but instead make some sort of inquiry directly to me about it at another time and discuss.

Most comments/jokes by most people are not said to offend particular people (fark me, if i wanted to offend people they would know it quickly) and those that seem to take such offense at simple jokes tend to make me think they are part of the blame generation & need to wake up to themselves.

Did Johns call Inglis yellow for turning his back on his birth state ?

Do not know how you can equate a racist comment to being a "bloke" - it is beyond me

In the end it is not up to what i think (i am a white middle class male)

It is up to what Tahu feels

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4