Tagatese and Ryan James

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Tagatese is a cat.

Yes it may have been his job to smash Foran but all that means is that it was his job to be a cat. If someone's job is to be a doctor, you call them a doctor. If someone's job is to be a cat, you call them a cat.

Other than an 11 week suspension, what was the difference between Matai on Ennis & any of Tagatese's hits on Foz? I don't want anyone to crap on about Matai's being high, it wasn't. They were all late tackles. The only difference was that the Manly jersey was on the other end of it.

Tagataese isn't all bad.
Remember, it was his knee that Slater collided with, trying to charge down a Matt Orford kick in 2007.
Messed that pretty boy up real good!

Duff said:
Other than an 11 week suspension, what was the difference between Matai on Ennis & any of Tagatese's hits on Foz? I don't want anyone to crap on about Matai's being high, it wasn't. They were all late tackles. The only difference was that the Manly jersey was on the other end of it.

So because you say Matai's wasnt high thats it???

Great logic. And your wrong.

Yeah have to agree bob
11 weeks was pretty rough BUT Tagatese (Cant hit a big man)
was borderline cowardly

Ryan James/Gollywog has balls,he ran hard as and would look
so much better wearing maroon and white,id swap 2 of our
props for that bloke (Kite and Cross)

He looked so strong and soooooo ****ing hard to stop
although i was disapointed in noone going for his legs
bar the titans last try

Lets not be naive. We try and do the same things to the opposition play makers. In our premiership year, Choc was a halfback killer. Foran is getting hit more because he's one of the few halves that still take it to the line.

bob dylan said:
Duff said:

Matai's hit was also a lot later.

Tagatese is not a cat for smashing Foz but is gutless to not take any hitups- remember Choc smashing smurf Burrows in the world challenge - i personally loved it except they pulled Choc up when he was off for the prize. Key playmakers are always vulnerable who play at the line. Ryan James is a great impact player who would be a cult star under dessie.

My actual problem with Tagatese wasnt that he smashed Foran,its his right to hit players hard

The reasoning behind me calling him a cat was he didnt put a single shot on one of the forwards,if he'd done atleast one shot on the big men i wouldnt think he was cowardly at all,but since he didnt he is still a cat

Masked Eagle said:
Lets not be naive. We try and do the same things to the opposition play makers. In our premiership year, Choc was a halfback killer. Foran is getting hit more because he's one of the few halves that still take it to the line.

bob dylan said:
Duff said:

Matai's hit was also a lot later.

No Bob. Wake up to yourself & stop dribbling in the great man's name.
My logic was that it's not high so what are the reasons? That's for you to tell me.

Late, later. Who cares? After the ball has left the hands is late.

I don't think Tagatese should be suspended. I just don't think Matai should've been either. They did the same thing. Ennis stayed down though.

You cant call Sam a cat. A footballer tacking a footballer. Thing is Halves are more elusive So for him to belt a few of our players was his job well done.

Ryan Jesus James has more scope. But can they play 80mins if needed?

Given that the TITans have signed Idris, Sharks Prop and Dunny Nate Myles. One of these two qould make a good addition to our forward stocks.

Ok here are the facts as I remember them,

The tackle was

1. High

2. Late

3. Reckless

The judiciary agreed and so did Hasler.

Des gave him a bit of spray in the press from memory, but Ennis was fairly good about it afterwards.

Des was just appeasing the media.

1)Matai's shoulder contacted a falling Ennis's head. That is not high.
2)How late is too late? Tagatese was also late. Ennis was still the last man to touch the ball, as was Foran.
3)Reckless = Subjective bull****.

Duff said:
Subjective bull****.

A bit like your assessment of Des' comments I guess.

Just watched again at

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/matai-faces-lengthy-ban-for-late-hit-on-ennis-20100906-14x6g.html

Maybe, but I remember my initial reaction was that he had nothing to worry about & no matter how many replays I saw, I didn't see the problem. I was pretty pissed off though when I heard the result.

What's good for one is good for another.

My final comment on this thread is why arent people as upset with what Bailey done to Hoppa, that my friends was a low shot.

Yes & no.

He was penalised & fair enough. The point is that he was a lot closer to getting Hoppa with the ball than Tag was on Foz. It was a fraction of a second. Tag was half a second or more after the ball when hitting Foz. A long, might you call it Matai like time off?
Because one is before & one is after they treat it differently. Again with the double standards.

Hmmm not sure about Tagatese being a cat, didn't one of you guys call him a freight train? But yeah I agree with most, I like Ryan James alot more, I wonder when is his contract up? He is a NSW person right? So I guess we could lure him with the promise of being closer to home. He would make an excellent buy or replacement for our forwards.

Dont like either of them.Dont respect Tagatese cauz he never runs the ball, James has 2 good runs and is reaching 4 the oxygen mask! No Thanx.

Masked Eagle said:
Ryan James on the other hand I think has huge potential. He is still only 19 and once he gets a bit fitter he is going to be one of the best props in the league.

I couldn't believe that when I read it so I went to look it up on Wiki... Wow! He is young!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6