Tactics to Beat Souths

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

driftout

Reserve Grader
A short passing game around the ruck with frequent outside/in angled runners (especially Watmough) to get the big Souths defenders off balance. Followed by quick play the balls and quick hands to get poor defensive reads from Champion/Tuquiri/ Goodwin and Merritt . Merritt and Tuquiri have a habit of coming in off their wing unnecessarily when under pressure. I'd also kick in behind Tuquiri who is probably the slowest winger in the NRL .

Manly must play an up tempo game to beat the Vermin,

It is all about brains v brawn.

They are a bigger team across the park but they can be undone by fast play.

Manly MUST be disciplined. Hayne is going to be on our case regardless.

I'd also like to see Hiku and Buhrer darting from dummy half especially off a quick play the ball down a short blindside . Also Foran playing closer to to the ruck turning the ball back inside to Watmough/Horo/Hasson/Stewart as well as DCE taking on the line .

Turn up for 80 minutes.
Souths are the sort of team that can be caught out when favourites, kind of opposite to Manly who can lift when down.
As the week has gone on, the confidence of a win is increasing.
Have had time to overcome the disappointment & without B. Stewart, initially found it hard to be given a chance.
Looking ahead with Hiku starting at the back, instead of thrust there behind a pack who had the cue in the rack, there will be far more stability..will push hard here & give this a real shake.

Buhrer and Ballin need huge games. Agree with what is said about working their big men hard with darting runs.

Meet fire with fire. If we can hold their forwards then our backs are ten times theirs (Inglis excepted).

Their halves need zero time on the ball, the jury is still out on Reynolds. Don't give him anything. Zero time and zero confidence. Someone like Gift or Choc need to target him constantly.

And the big issue, Inglis. Kicks obviously have to be good. And get up on him quick. Inglis, although he has improved this side of his game in recent years, can go missing in games. So make it one of those games where he doesn't want to be there, or it seems that nothing is happening.

Killer03 said:
Buhrer and Ballin need huge games.
Agreed especially Buhrer. He needs to show something out of the ordinary and soon or else we need to find an x-factor player off the bench. Maybe Hodges or Hiku when the injured players are back. At full stength I see the bench as Hasson,King,Tommy S and Hiku.

mickqld said:
Killer03 said:
Buhrer and Ballin need huge games.
Agreed especially Buhrer. He needs to show something out of the ordinary and soon or else we need to find an x-factor player off the bench. Maybe Hodges or Hiku when the injured players are back. At full stength I see the bench as Hasson,King,Tommy S and Hiku.

I would get rid of Buhrer, don't need him and very average player, slow as well.
Tactics to beat Souths ? Keep the ball away as much as possible from the Big Souths Forwards, so send it outwide as much as possible and I would be attacking on Nathan Merritt's wing, putting up bombs ect. and putting Merritt under pressure the whole time

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4