Tactics against St. George

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jerry1 said:
They have a great kicking game. We need to shut it down. Not let soward control the game and field position. If we are constantly coming out of our twenty like we were against para our big guys will tire quickly and we will not go forward or win the ruck.

Our attack and defence are good enough to win this game but it will be won or lost with field position. If we are spot on with our kicking and can close down soward chalk up the two points.

This is the answer. We need to send someone out there to heavily pressure Sowards kicking game. St George win by playing the game in the opposition 30 and muscling up to cause errors. They then have the ball in good field position and grind you down with boring one out runs to the edges.

Unsettle Soward and their game plan falls apart.

Ralphie said:
Jerry1 said:
They have a great kicking game. We need to shut it down. Not let soward control the game and field position. If we are constantly coming out of our twenty like we were against para our big guys will tire quickly and we will not go forward or win the ruck.

Our attack and defence are good enough to win this game but it will be won or lost with field position. If we are spot on with our kicking and can close down soward chalk up the two points.

This is the answer. We need to send someone out there to heavily pressure Sowards kicking game. St George win by playing the game in the opposition 30 and muscling up to cause errors. They then have the ball in good field position and grind you down with boring one out runs to the edges.

Unsettle Soward and their game plan falls apart.

No doubt he's the key man!!

We need to be fast tough and gritty, we need to be in their ears all night. We must destabalise their composure.

Its a big game to win, we need to know that we can beat the Dragons to win the comp.

I hope we show a bit more energy than last Monday night.

Our usual tactics will suffice. Start very fast then grind out the entire 80 minutes focussing on the basics and our rehearsed plays when in the right attacking zones.

I expect an impressive victory.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4