Tactics against St. George

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

TokyoEagle

Bencher
Last couple of games we have run it up through the middle and used lots of inside balls against St. George, do you think we will employ this tactic against them tomorrow night ?

I think we need to beat them up. They are pretty boys. We are mean mofo's. Even our 5/8 is scary. Everyone of our forwards take no guff, then there are guys like Matai, Foran, Wolfman to deal with in the back line.

Make The Dragqueens feel just like that.

We are gritty. They won't like that.

TokyoEagle

WE MADE THAT TACTIC in the gong,2009
Execution was off that day with substandard players
Mauro played,i mean lol

Ryan said:
I think we need to beat them up. They are pretty boys. We are mean mofo's. Even our 5/8 is scary. Everyone of our forwards take no guff, then there are guys like Matai, Foran, Wolfman to deal with in the back line.

Make The Dragqueens feel just like that.

We are gritty. They won't like that.

This man speaks the truth.

We should be breathing down their halves necks all day long. Even if we cop a penalty or two early on for offsides I think it'd be worth it to put some shots on Soward - he's skittish enough already, put the fear of shoulders into him & he'll start throwing hospital passes & kicking on the 3rd when he sees a shadow.

We're pretty well matched across the board but IMO we have a lot more creativity & vision in our team, as long as everyone turns up & the forwards hold their own we should win. Fundamentals are key.

Agree Wolfpack. Fundamentals are the key, we have a high completion rate and don't give the Dragons multiple opportunities we can do them. The Dragons have a great defence, but I believe we have he most clinical attack inside the opposition 20m so I think we can put them under pressure like they haven't been under this year.

Home ground advantage for them definitely makes it harder for us though.

We have to do what we did to them last year in round 6, Beat the living **** out of them with a physical game. If they do their homework they will most likely shut out Forans left side attack which will hurt us bigtime. Im not at all confident about winning this game and i will be stoked if we can beat them at WIN Stadium.

Cherry will need to step up big time. I agree that Bennetts plan is to shut Foran down.

Brett will also need to have a massive game.

Same as any big game- dominate that ruck area. Have Matai & Wolf skooting out to make them backpeddle. In their red zone sweeping 2nd man plays with Snake because they tend to umbrella on the wings giving unmarked wingers when played at speed. Definately ruffle the feathers - these guys are used to having it their own way....

they have a couple of changes. target those areas of their defensive line. They have built up such an understanding defensively of the players inside and outside of themselves that changes in those positions could be the weak link. I would particularly head for sowards inside shouler. scott runs that side of the field and he wont be there. Matais subtle left foot step, starting his run at sowards outside shoulder, then stepping inside his slide could be very effective without scott there to cover. Hopefully merrin or cuthbo fill that spot as they wont be as effective in cover as scott would be. Also buhrers late footwork will go well in that same area. Choc to take on soward direct. Soward may well make the tackle but he certainly wont be in control, allowing choc a quick play the ball, probably for matai to pick up twenty or so metres. I am disappointad that trex wont be there. He has been very effective the last few weeks at hiiting the spot player. He would have given soward a bath had he not been injured.

They have a great kicking game. We need to shut it down. Not let soward control the game and field position. If we are constantly coming out of our twenty like we were against para our big guys will tire quickly and we will not go forward or win the ruck.

Our attack and defence are good enough to win this game but it will be won or lost with field position. If we are spot on with our kicking and can close down soward chalk up the two points.

Ceagle said:
Go hard, we have to bye for recovery

spot on!

They have alot of origin reps, who would not wnat to get injured before next Weds game.

We must really give it to them. HARD!:mad:

Both sides will go hard at each other; they won't be able to resist it as all eyes will be on the dragons to see how they handle one of the main challengers this year.

all the dramas aside, it will be an excellent prep for the origin decider as it should be about as intense. so long as we get stuck into them and flex our muscles a bit I will be happy. winning this one doesn't win us the comp, but it should give us something to work with for subsequent meetings (do we play them again at home this year?)

Ian Martin tragic said:
Both sides will go hard at each other; they won't be able to resist it as all eyes will be on the dragons to see how they handle one of the main challengers this year.

all the dramas aside, it will be an excellent prep for the origin decider as it should be about as intense. so long as we get stuck into them and flex our muscles a bit I will be happy. winning this one doesn't win us the comp, but it should give us something to work with for subsequent meetings (do we play them again at home this year?)

No. If we meet them again it will be in the Finals...hopefully in front of 80,000 people at Homebush :)

a win for us at woolongong is a very rare commodity.Must be 8 or 10 years at least.Opening of a new grandstand,big hype,finals intensity,homeground rfefereeing as usual will probably allow the the dragons to scrape home on home ground advantage.two straight Monday night games is a real worry.Jamie mentioned how the players hate it after the game last week.

different kettle of fish come finals time though.we have a lot of experience in big matches and a great record at ANZ Stadium.would be a great GF clash.I think these two sides are clearly the best.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8