1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T Symonds great Debut

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by manlyfan76, Mar 17, 2013.

1. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,341 / 111
    I bet he didn't think he would be playing his first game for Manly at left center. He looked solid early and I was surprised the hapless Knights didn't test him on the outside but with the opposing center off it was a perfect storm for an out of position debut. The run and offload at the death was first class and his confidence will now be high.

Welcome aboard son.

2. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,695 / 256
    What a debut game, welcome to the Sea Eagles family Tommy!!

3. The Eagle Has Landed

The Eagle Has Landed Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +439 / 7
    Yeah he had a great debute. And he's a bloody Ranga!!

4. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,836 / 103
    I'm giving myself a pat on the bat for posting last Saturday that he'd be in the top 17 after watching him in reserves. He has a perfect build for a second rower/centre and will be one of our best buys this year.
    (Well, someone has to pump up my tyres!)

5. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,341 / 111
    Couldn't have asked more from him, last year Jamie B would have gone to center but the ranga did well. Cant wait to see the boys live next week up here.

6. Crusher_Cleal

Crusher_Cleal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +555 / 17
    which tackler did he break through for that last try?

7. BOZO

BOZO Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,841 / 190
    T Rex is gone but T Symonds is here to stay !!!

8. 6/71

6/71 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +207 / 3
    Great first up run.

9. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,695 / 256
    Nope SHE REX is gone and not ONE person on here misses the big lazy prick!!

10. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,742 / 57
    Best sell of the decade. We look energized without that speed hump out there.

11. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    Symonds always impressed me when he was on the field at the roosters and I thought we scored big time in picking him up.

Tonight has only confirmed that, he will get more minutes next week for sure

12. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    On top of all of that Symonds is a loyal, team orientated type.

He might not know it yet but the lucky bugga has landed into a club thats team loyalty heaven. Im predicting he will stay past his next 2 contracts.

13. Daddycool

Daddycool Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +283 / 2
    He looks really good and I think he'll be pushing Horo for a starting spot soon. He was naturally disappointed in being squeezed out of the Roosters but in time I think he'll come to realise that he's found his new home. He'll be in the 17 for sure next week and I'm already looking forward to seeing how he goes.

14. Kevinward777

Kevinward777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,238 / 31
    Looks to be a great pick up. Horo was bloody great tonight as well, ran the ball up hard and ran some good decoy lines as well. For the price of Tony Williams we got Horo, Symonds and Lawrence. :)

15. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    Am I the only one who was surprised that when he came on for Matai, that Symonds went out to the centres instead of Buhrer? Either way it was a really strong debut game for Symonds.

Oh and Crusher Cleal, it was Mullen who he brushed through. A player who every once in a while gets people talking about him as a future rep player but almost always seem to fail to deliver when the pressure is on.

16. Crusher_Cleal

Crusher_Cleal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +555 / 17
    Thanks ME. I am certainly not a fan of Buhrer in the centres anyway. Speaking of which, was a little quiet tonight?

17. Ralphie

Ralphie Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Bredbo
    Ratings:
    +2,093 / 231
    How stupid are the Chooks for letting this bloke go.

18. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    I think faced with the option of SBW and LO'D or Tom Symonds, most clubs would have made the same decision.

• Like Like x 1
  19. WAMF

WAMF Well-Known Member

Perth
    Ratings:
    +408 / 0
    He's a good buy. The Chooks are fools for letting him go.
    When I was a youngster, I started playing league for the same Jr club as Tom (Bondi Utd), before being lured over to the Rose Bay Rams by the promise of more cupcakes at full time.

20. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,836 / 103
    'Red' was Easts' only junior. They could have cut one of their numerous imports to retain him, but loyalty is not a trait Easts posses.
    He will prove to be the bargain buy of the season (closely followed by Lawrence).