T-Rex

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He walks into defences five defenders jump on him he try's to get a pass away dangerously
Seriously can someone tell me what good he does????

He has reverted to type. He really only played well for a few games towards the end if last year. Other than that he is rubbish, he is lazy and constantly looking to pass when he has to do any work. I cant stand him!

There are some times when you just want to see him get involved. I would like to see him run in the middle a bit more and help out when the guys need it but I'm not sure he's got that sort of game awareness about him. When we are playing well the team gets him the ball in the right spots but because our attack isn't clicking atm he is as much a victim as anyone out there is.

I still think he can be a huge weapon in 2012, but he's more like one of the final pieces of the puzzle rather than a key piece in the middle.

bob dylan said:
He is no Stewart or Watmough, but with those pair is part of an awesome back row.

He is the most likely of the 3 to fail.
Correct, he hit his straps in last year's semis when the team was humming. He needs everyone else to create before he is 100%. Some good signs tonight, kieran was better than most of his games this year. We may hit our straps yet.

Do you blokes actually watch a game and form an opinion or decide it before hand ?

Lazy ?

No Manly forward made more runs than him, he made 14 and ran for 119m. The only 2 to take more runs and make more metres were Whare and Taufua. Comparing work rates Choc 12 runs for 82m and Stewart 9 for 46m. They both had him well covered defensively though

On the Bulldogs forwards side, only Pritchard and Graham did more than him.

6 tackles breaks, the most of any player in the game. 3 offloads, again the most of any player in the game. He also made 1 of our 4 line breaks

Have you guys considered that perhaps its Toovs coaching style that is stiffling T-Rex's effectiveness and the whole team for that matter.

Last year T-Rex was absolutely awesome under Des's Tutelage.

Elvis Presley said:
Have you guys considered that perhaps its Toovs coaching style that is stiffling T-Rex's effectiveness and the whole team for that matter.

Last year T-Rex was absolutely awesome under Des's Tutelage.

I don't buy that opinion. Seriously the only consistent time trex had consecutive good games were the semis last year. He was quiet inthe gf. It ain't coaching, it's the general momentum of the team that dictates Tony's effectiveness. He's great when others create the go forward.

Stuff statistics; they lie. I thought T-Rex was our weakest forward tonight. If he keeps playing like that he may as well leave now.
All the other forwards really aimed up. He just loitered. This was his chance to win the game for Manly. He's been really disappointing since his one good game of the year against Easts.
Is he really that dumb to not realise that he would be more effective running on to the ball at speed?

He needs to have a clearly defined role, such as a hole runner. When given the ball from a standing start he seems lost and often passes the ball away. Let's hope Kieran stays fit and they can get that combination going again for the finals.

I can only summarise it by saying I got frustrated with watching most of his efforts tonight. We know what he can do but his heart didn't seem in it.

He was ordinary maybe still getting over the flu. He doesn't really look interested but I also think he is not fit. He hasn't had much footy lately. Tell you who has signed elsewhere and looks uninterested. Whare.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Do you blokes actually watch a game and form an opinion or decide it before hand ?

Lazy ?

No Manly forward made more runs than him, he made 14 and ran for 119m. The only 2 to take more runs and make more metres were Whare and Taufua. Comparing work rates Choc 12 runs for 82m and Stewart 9 for 46m. They both had him well covered defensively though

6 tackles breaks, the most of any player in the game. 3 offloads, again the most of any player in the game. He also made 1 of our 4 line breaks

His attacking stats look pretty but as you said his defence was not as flash.

9 tackle

Foran the 90kg half outside him made double on 18.

Lazyness or blokes arent running at him?

Napper said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

Lazy ?

9 tackle

And 4 missed from She-rex and 0 missed from Foran.

I dont think he is as bad as everyone is saying but he's nowhere near as good as he can be either.

Hopefully hes crook or carrying an injury because to me he's disinterested.

Napper said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

Lazy ?

9 tackle

lazy is exactly right hangs back and lets others get to the player first in defense. plenty of players covered his laziness up tonight.

So we are allowed to use stats when picking apart his defense but not the attack?

Napper said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

Lazy ?

9 tackle

If I had a choice of running at Foran or Willians I know where I would be running !! Haha

Same as the other side of the park, DCE made 27 tackles on the inside of Lyon who made 18

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6