T Rex Williams at crossroads

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Top End Eagle said:
Ballin is much more important to our club than TRex and any of you who don't think so must only watch the highlights and get all tingly when Joey laughs at the big fella running over halfbacks.

Love TRex and hate to see him go but would prefer Ballin to stay than Tony.

Replacing Trex is easy - Watmough to left edge and Buhrer to lock.

Replacing a player who never breaks down thus offering the type of consistency that the forwatds and halves running off him have enjoyed and moulded their own game to is a lot harder.

If it means keeping MB then don't let the door hit you on the way out Rex.

Lol quite an arrogant attitude in the opening bit there

I watch every minute we play, I also see Tony Williams with an offload putting people away, Forans 1st touch in NRL for example, He can put on a big game changing hit, example round 25 v Dogs at Brookie last year when he smashes Eastwood who drops the ball and we score off the scrum. Has a nice skillful passing game, if you want examples of that, look at Round 26 in Brisbane last season when he puts Matai away with a no look pass, or in Finals match 1 where he puts Brett through a hole to score. Not to mention 1 on 1 from 5-10m out is almost impossible to stop, Robbie Farah and co will attest to that

Watmough plays a completely different style of game, so replacing him is not as easy as you say. If it was that simple I would say Ballin is simple to replace, because Liam Foran can tackle and pass, but it isn't that simple

Fact is neither will be easy to replace and both will leave a huge hole in the team. I know we are winning at the moment but I think you can tell that the side is really missing T-rex.

A big factor for me is who they are potentially leaving us for. I don't want to lose anyone to the dirty dogs, and they aren't after Ballin.

Trex will repay Manly, for having faith in him, by accepting the lower offer. He has seen what happens to great players when they go to other clubs for more money, he doesnt want a wooden spoon or distemper.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Top End Eagle said:
Ballin is much more important to our club than TRex and any of you who don't think so must only watch the highlights and get all tingly when Joey laughs at the big fella running over halfbacks.

Replacing a player who never breaks down thus offering the type of consistency that the forwatds and halves running off him have enjoyed and moulded their own game to is a lot harder.

I watch every minute we play, I also see Tony Williams with an offload putting people away, Forans 1st touch in NRL for example, He can put on a big game changing hit, example round 25 v Dogs at Brookie last year when he smashes Eastwood who drops the ball and we score off the scrum. Has a nice skillful passing game, if you want examples of that, look at Round 26 in Brisbane last season when he puts Matai away with a no look pass, or in Finals match 1 where he puts Brett through a hole to score. Not to mention 1 on 1 from 5-10m out is almost impossible to stop, Robbie Farah and co will attest to that

Watmough plays a completely different style of game, so replacing him is not as easy as you say. If it was that simple I would say Ballin is simple to replace, because Liam Foran can tackle and pass, but it isn't that simple

Kiwi you sound like the TRex fan club. Were you this big a supporter of his before halfway through last year?

If you watch our games we have been missing Kieran Foran. Mate it's okay to love the big plays that TRex pulls off every now and then but don't forget that Ballin threw the first pass for every one of them.

And if Liam Foran could do what Ballin could he would be a regular first grader already.

I don't want TRex to go but your argument that he has been or will be more important to the Eagles than Ballin is full of holes.

Top End Eagle said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Top End Eagle said:

Kiwi you sound like the TRex fan club. Were you this big a supporter of his before halfway through last year?

If you watch our games we have been missing Kieran Foran. Mate it's okay to love the big plays that TRex pulls off every now and then but don't forget that Ballin threw the first pass for every one of them.

And if Liam Foran could do what Ballin could he would be a regular first grader already.

I don't want TRex to go but your argument that he has been or will be more important to the Eagles than Ballin is full of holes.
And if I had the time I could give you a thousand try saving tackles or desperation dives on the ball that Ballin has provided for us. He is part of our Spine and he doesn't command the money TRex will.

I would like to explain to everyone here how to make TRex ineffective but I will wait to see if he signs with opposition before posting it here .

Lol. Fan club, really ? If we want to play this game, congrats on being the #1 ticket holder of the Ballin fan club. Doesn't really prove anything though does it

What was I halfway through last year ? A guy that like Stevie Wonder could see the obvious potential in Tony Williams, and that will only get better the next 10 years of his career

I won't try and pick holes in Ballins game or try and discredit it to try and make a point, both are very good players.

I would keep Tony over Ballin because he has a lot more years left in him than Ballin, is a potential match winner and they are a rare commodity and it is why they get paid the bigger bucks than the dependable blokes like Ballin. Because I think that doesn't mean I know nothing about League or under rate Ballin, just that I think long term Williams could be better for the club

And if you have the plan on how to stop the big fella, I'm sure 15 coaches would be keen to hear from you ;)

I hope we keep both of them !

Kiwi Eagle said:
Lol. Fan club, really ? If we want to play this game, congrats on being the #1 ticket holder of the Ballin fan club. Doesn't really prove anything though does it

What was I halfway through last year ? A guy that like Stevie Wonder could see the obvious potential in Tony Williams, and that will only get better the next 10 years of his career

I won't try and pick holes in Ballins game or try and discredit it to try and make a point, both are very good players.

I would keep Tony over Ballin because he has a lot more years left in him than Ballin, is a potential match winner and they are a rare commodity and it is why they get paid the bigger bucks than the dependable blokes like Ballin. Because I think that doesn't mean I know nothing about League or under rate Ballin, just that I think long term Williams could be better for the club

And if you have the plan on how to stop the big fella, I'm sure 15 coaches would be keen to hear from you ;)

Yes I want to keep both of them too, but if it means one for another (which I don't - I personally think that Ballin is off to allow L Foran Buhrer the hooking job next year -make of that what you will regardin K Foran re-signing) then I would rate Ballin's contribution to our club based on past and current performances as much more important to us than TRex.

Tony Williams is a freak athlete and a reluctant footballer.

No-one has ever seen him run on to the ball from a tap. No-one has ever seen him run on to a ball any deeper than five metres.

TRex is phenomenally blessed with an unmatchable core strength which he uses in a lurching elbows and shoulder leading fashion. Unfortunately this stops his progress, and his real advantage for us in the last twelve months has been that he has been isolated on most occasions allowing him to again pick up pace after the first motion and start his wind up again.

We see this same running style many times when he makes hit ups in traffic to a lesser effect.

It only takes one NRL coach to send the first bloke (preferably a little Travis Burns type who will land on their feet and run back in) earlier and instruct those around him to time their hit for when TRex's momentum has stopped and he will be nullified.

I love what the big unit has done for our club in the last year but he is nowhere near the priority that the other players we have off contract are.

And 'lol's' are for thirteen year old girls.

Top End Eagle said:
....but don't forget that Ballin threw the first pass for every one of them.

I hope that was tongue in cheek, otherwise that's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen posted here.

Anyway, I think TEE you better get used to life without Ballin I've a gut feeling he is gone.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Chip and Chase said:
Top End Eagle said:
....but don't forget that Ballin threw the first pass for every one of them.

I hope that was tongue in cheek, otherwise that's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen posted here.

Anyway, I think TEE you better get used to life without Ballin I've a gut feeling he is gone.

Yeah mate I must have simultaneously posted because I think that maybe L Foz and Buhrer will be our nines next year. Ballin's demeanour on Fox Sports has been telling.

I just don't want anyone here inflating the price of T Rex because we all know his potential but we also all know his flaws.

We paid about 150 p/a for TRex when he was a work in progress. This year he was presumably on better money -which means we are no longer paying for potential (but the three games he has delivered) but all this TRex is leaving hysteria is over-done. He has not provided much in 2012. I hope he stays but if we signed Foran and DCE at his expense than I am super okay with that. It's our halves and our edge players that have made the bloke look good.

If the TRex was the most dominant front-rower in the game (which his natural ability allows for) then I would think differently of his possible departure.

Top End Eagle said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

Yes I want to keep both of them too, but if it means one for another (which I don't - I personally think that Ballin is off to allow L Foran Buhrer the hooking job next year -make of that what you will regardin K Foran re-signing) then I would rate Ballin's contribution to our club based on past and current performances as much more important to us than TRex.

Tony Williams is a freak athlete and a reluctant footballer.

No-one has ever seen him run on to the ball from a tap. No-one has ever seen him run on to a ball any deeper than five metres.

TRex is phenomenally blessed with an unmatchable core strength which he uses in a lurching elbows and shoulder leading fashion. Unfortunately this stops his progress, and his real advantage for us in the last twelve months has been that he has been isolated on most occasions allowing him to again pick up pace after the first motion and start his wind up again.

We see this same running style many times when he makes hit ups in traffic to a lesser effect.

It only takes one NRL coach to send the first bloke (preferably a little Travis Burns type who will land on their feet and run back in) earlier and instruct those around him to time their hit for when TRex's momentum has stopped and he will be nullified.

I love what the big unit has done for our club in the last year but he is nowhere near the priority that the other players we have off contract are.

And 'lol's' are for thirteen year old girls.

LOL

Ballin everyday of the week for me. I said it last year & I'll say it again - some guys ARE footballers and others are athletes that play football. Matty IS a footballer & would have been Qlds hooker for the past 5 years if not for Cam Smith. He's in the top bracket of #9's in the world,I could go on but....

Jatz Crackers said:
Tech Coach is officially on hols (no not LOls) in the northern parts of the country.

Ha thanks mate if I claim to be him could I possibly flush out the real Technical Coach?

No offence to anyone that I have been arguing/debating her with and no apologies issued either I hope that like me you appreciate the passionate to and fro (apart from the LOL bit, Kiwi that slipped out cause I am a high school English teacher - my problem not yours I know)

I appreciate everyone's opinion on here which is why I signed on in the first place and I apologise now and for future controversial posts.

I love ya's all - but I challenge you to look at TRex running style and tell me I'm not wrong.

This just shows what rubbish games Titans and Knights and Eels Dragons have been!

No offense taken, lol ;)

I don't think stopping the big unit is as easy as that mate, if it was it would have been done by now. I don't thInk it is possible to stop him, just got to limit the damage

Kiwi Eagle said:
No offense taken, lol ;)

I don't think stopping the big unit is as easy as that mate, if it was it would have been done by now. I don't thInk it is possible to stop him, just got to limit the damage

Cheers mate I think limiting the damage is what all of us here are hoping for. (I would put a smiley faced emoticon here if I believed in them too! Actually a wink face if I were that way inclined!)

have enjoyed the banter - and love being a part of this great forum.

Taking nothing away from Ballin he's in the top 5 nrl hookers but It's quite simple. T-rex has played for Australia, Ballin...hasn't.

Ballin is a classic hooker. Tackles hard, feeds the ball off the deck busts his arse week in week out. If players were paid on determination and hardwork he'd be the highest paid player.

Tony Williams is the most destructive ball runner in the NRL with good hands on top of that. You're questioning why he doesn' t run the ball from a deeper position, he's a backrower who plays on the edge with under 30 games in the forwards alone. He is not a prop.

Another season in the forwards and a decent half he will dominate.

Top End Eagle said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
No offense taken, lol ;)

Cheers mate I think limiting the damage is what all of us here are hoping for. (I would put a smiley faced emoticon here if I believed in them too! Actually a wink face if I were that way inclined!)

Mr Top End sir, I would have expected a comment on the spelling of "offence" by little Kiwi Eagle...

Napper said:
Taking nothing away from Ballin he's in the top 5 nrl hookers but It's quite simple. T-rex has played for Australia, Ballin...hasn't.

Ballin is a classic hooker. Tackles hard, feeds the ball off the deck. Tony Williams is the most destructive ball runner in the NRL with good hands on top of that. You're questioning why he doesn' t run the ball from a deeper position, he's a backrower who plays on the edge with under 30 games in the forwards alone. He is not a prop.

Another season in the forwards and a decent half he will dominate.

Yeah the potential is scary, but if he goes to Parra it won't be realised and as a player he strikes me as the type that will take a while to assert himself at a new club like the dogs (like we all waited for the blossoming at Manly).

i wouldn't want to see the bloke wasted in the front row either (although wasted is the wrong word - some players are born for prop duties regardless of their size and some will never cut it in that spot despite of theirs). I was just saying that if he were a Matt Scott he would play a more important role in our squad than he does now.

I hope that the bloke stays because in the next two years he will destroy our opposition - I just think that if he goes his input to whichever team that may be will be negatively comparable to that of the loss of Ballin at the price our 9 is asking.

Vyssini said:
Top End Eagle said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
No offense taken, lol ;)

Mr Top End sir, I would have expected a comment on the spelling of "offence" by little Kiwi Eagle...

Mate it's a war you cannot win. Especially when yours truly looks back at some of the auto corrected iPhone posts written.

The English language is a constantly changing beast and who knows one of these days 'could of and should of' will be as readily accepted as 'snuck' and 'agreeance'.

Wait for it I am about to....emoticon! :p

Wow that feels good:rolleyes:

Yep. Ballin is awesome no mistakes no nonsense and defends his arse off. Trex is big strong classy.

Glad i'm not making the decision on who to sign first. Either's a massive loss.

We keep hearing "he's the most destructive ball runner in the NRL". Does he top the stats for line breaks etc? How many tries has he scored? He may get to the stage where he is just that but after his judiciary run ins I'm not so sure he will have that necessary mongrel to achieve that.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6