T-Rex to Manly for the rest of the year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Tough markers here. He's a recent international! Could he even be the international/rep forward was Bozo was talking about lol

• 😆
Reactions: Ben
Not sure who's decision this is if true. I think its a really bad move but im glad to be proven wrong.

Hard to knock back any player when someone else is paying. Its a bit like beer. I would have thought another outside back would be a better option if we have cap space this year.

Hard to see what the dogs get out of this releasing him this late in the contract. Manly have too many forwards already.

Makes you wonder if he is on his way back for longer than this year. Things dont add up in this.

Rex is am impact player and can be very handy in a squad as long as his pay packet reflects his standing
Dogs are re-signing a host of good players, flicking Trex 6 months early will enable them to up someone's contract.

Klemmer and Mbye re-signed last week.
Yesterday the News had them extending Eastwood.@:cool:

Anyone who takes on Trex is helping the Dogs and hoping that they can inspire Trex to produce his talents each week.
Danger is that he will, to get a new contract, but will then again, hibernate for 3 years :cool:

Dogs are re-signing a host of good players, flicking Trex 6 months early will enable them to up someone's contract.

Klemmer and Mbye re-signed last week.
Yesterday the News had them extending Eastwood.@:cool:

Anyone who takes on Trex is helping the Dogs and hoping that they can inspire Trex to produce his talents each week.
Danger is that he will, to get a new contract, but will then again, hibernate for 3 years :cool:

Are you are saying they are front loading these contracts of klemmer and eastwood with cash freed up by rex. As the pay year ends in oct, and the dogs would be contributing to trex salary i cant see that being all that much coin. Maybe 100k at best

He hasn't played a decent game in 3 years in a highly rated pack under a coach with a winning pedigree and now he is going to be a gun in a pack that at best holds its own under a coach everyone on here wants to lynch ....cant wait...I have always been of the opinion that we are in a rebuild stage and expected to struggle this year but this just smacks of desperation given we need to up our aggression and tempo early in games.This guy provides nothing we need.
Really?? He was pretty bloody damaging in round 1 this year or did you have your eyes closed because of the scoreline.........I know I did at times. :tmi:

Are you are saying they are front loading these contracts of klemmer and eastwood with cash freed up by rex. As the pay year ends in oct, and the dogs would be contributing to trex salary i cant see that being all that much coin. Maybe 100k at best
Front loading or upgrading existing contracts plus freeing up of a spot in the Top 25 roster restriction .
Whilst his Cap hit for the Dogs may only be the rumoured -100k.
Moving Trex on would free up his TPA to be reallocated to a player that the Dogs want.
We all know that TPAs are meant to be for a player, independent of who he plays for, but the reality is that the TPA stops the moment a player signs with another Club.
Maybe Trex was signed with some Marquee Player Allowance too.

The fact is that Trex has not produced for the Dogs in 4 years; he only performed well in 1/4 years, in 2011 for Manly:cool:

Is this where we're at, buying other team's rejects. And we'll expect him to be a star.
Melbourne does this and it actually happens, apart from Gorgeous George.
Bellyache = tosser and cheat but great coach. They take rejects and unknowns and keep winning.
There must still be a few free boats in the mix somewhere. But they keep producing.
I'm still prepared to give TB a go. But come on man. Motivate yourself and our players.

The ideal situation would be to sign Trex for a performance based contract as a 2nd Tier Player, but would the NRL allow it :rolleyes:

He is a definite talent, just lacks the attitude to apply himself :(

Just watched the 2011 semi against the Cows earlier this week (so tired of watching losing Manly games :banghead:), and Trex's sublime inside pass to Snake was as awesome as it was 5 years ago :clap:

This decision will no doubt be starring in the lol@Manly thread on the 1 eyed trouser snake forum.

Deservedly so after the **** we have given them on our lol@parra one.

Probably the most frustrating footballer I have ever seen. On his day (and in the back end of 2011 was) the most destructive forward in the game, but those days are few and far between.

He really needs a performance based contract on running say 150m in a game or something like that.

As revealed on Seven News last night, Canterbury coach Des Hasler and Sea Eagles supremo Bob Fulton have been in talks about a pre-June 30 transfer for Williams, who is on the outer at Belmore after being dropped to NSW Cup a fortnight ago.

We’re also told Williams was shopped to both theTitans and Wests Tigers in recent weeks.

However, both those clubs have preferred to make other mid-season purchases; closing the door on a player worth $600,000-a-season.

There’s much more chance that Hasler and Fulton’s long-standing relationship can make the switch a reality over the coming week.

Manly have identified a lack of strike on their edges as a concern this season; and are willing to take a gamble on Williams to remedy that short-coming.

There’s also a good chance the club will have more room to move under its salary cap in the coming weeks, with Tom Symonds also set to make a mid-season transfer in the next week. Symonds’ management has been talking with the Sharks,Knights and UK Super League clubs.

Avert your eyes. Now. She Rex and Mr Plod in the same forward pack!
And I didn't think this season could get much funnier.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4