T-Rex the wrecking ball?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
Every time T-rex is talked up he fails to deliver. Is he guns-shy from the SOO injury or is he still carrying that same injury? Or is it that in his mind he's got the big pay cheque and is already thinking about 2013?

Whatever it is he ain't no wrecking ball atm. Our left side attack is all but non-existant and when Foz made a break T-rex was nowhere to be seen.

If he's not fit don't play him because he looks like a passenger atm. We were shut down easily because we only had basically one point of attack and that was down the right side and the defence was there in numbers. And this is the reason we had 20 or more tackles inside their 20 metres without coming away with points.

We also missed Brett Stewart big time and the club must sign him asap

We also missed Brett Stewart big time and the club must sign him asap

THIS!!! The 2 long breaks made by Foran and Taufua would have seen Brett supporting up the middle on their inside and score 2 certain tries.

Hope that Perry has already applied the pen to Bretty's contract.

With Stuart likely to be at Parra, he may poach the Snake to cover for Hayne.:s

Hayne will be back next season. Can't see Brett leaving. He'll take the three years and finish up in England.

there was one point Ballin was ready to lose it at him i'm sure. Did his usual stand still for a few seconds when getting the ball about 15 metres out from the line and Ballin's arms were flapping about telling him to go straight forward.. simple instruction that really shouldn't need reminding, maybe matty saw a hole or a weakness and tried to send him there to roll over someone.. so what does he do.. goes sideways for a dance after finally starting the engine (in hill start mode im sure), and all ballin could do was shake his head.

far too many rocks and not enough diamonds with this one. Not that disappointed in losing him now. (hopefully now i've said that, he'll pull one of his big ones out the next few weeks and make me look a fool)

Having watched the game live, then on replay, I'm of the opinion he's not an 80-minute player. He was walking for much of the match. He only made a few tackles, and missed some. Had Ballin not been doing such a sterling job in defence we would have conceded more tries.
I reckon play him for 20 minute spells. Interchange him with Buhrer.

T Rex major problem at the moment is looking for an offload instead of hurling himself into the defence. He is tip toeing instead of going full steam ahead which is making the defence job that much easier. Certain things you learn in U8's still need to be explained to T Rex but am confident Tooves will have him running with more venom in coming weeks.
T Rex - offloads are super but 1st run full steam ahead & pass through the line - not before or at the line - this is your strong card so use it!!!

Maybe TRex thought he was already playing for the Dogs by doing nothing much for us. Since Snake went off against the Eels with the score at 40-6, we have labored to show much in attack. Shows how important he is to us.

At the moment T-rex is hitting the line from a standing start. He attracts 4+ defenders who then "wrestle" him to the ground and take forever to get off him. He then slowly gets up expecting a penalty shaking his head. This destroys any momentum we have. His play the balls will become quicker if he hits the line at speed and doesn't allow that many defenders to get to him.

eagle-rock08 said:
T Rex didn't want to hurt his new team mates on Friday?

Des had t-rex worked out because he has inu marking him. t-rex didn't want to trmaple over his best mate Inu. 2v should have had t-rex playing a lot closer in on friday and well away from Inu.

g'day all,Wouldn't mind seeing him pushing blokes out of the way to put a big tackle on an opposition big bloke like kingy did on kasiano,make a statement of intent that way rather than the lazy arm tackles and rag dolling 9 stone hookers.Unfortunately he just doesn't seem to have any real mongrel in him.
cheers mike

mike walker said:
g'day all,Wouldn't mind seeing him pushing blokes out of the way to put a big tackle on an opposition big bloke like kingy did on kasiano,make a statement of intent that way rather than the lazy arm tackles and rag dolling 9 stone hookers.Unfortunately he just doesn't seem to have any real mongrel in him.
cheers mike

Maybe his long suspension earlier in the season has scared TRex into a bit of a pussy cat.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8