T-Rex - the rise of a sleeping giant

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
SEA Eagles utility Tony Williams believes his future will be best served at Manly in Des Hasler’s pack following his man of the match performance last Saturday night against North Queensland.

Read the full article

Good to hear he is happy at the club. Now all we need is a pen. ;)

16 SEP 11 @ 03:20PM BY PETER PETERS
http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/manlys-jamie-buhrer-was-born-to-play-football/

THE round 13 match between the Bulldogs and the Sea Eagles at ANZ Stadium on Saturday, June 4, sent shivers through the good judges at the teams vying for premiership aspirations.

Wily Des Hasler showed his hand for the big games ahead when he started Tony Williams in the forwards and got more than even he expected from the much maligned former winger.

Williams terrorised the big Bulldogs pack and rag-dolled their big names like he was The Incredible Hulk.

He was surrounded by encouraging team mates at half time in what I am certain is now a pivotal point in his now explosive career. Williams matched that performance against the North Queensland Cowboys last Saturday night in a runaway man-of-the-match performance.

Gone is the shy giant of a season ago. Williams is now a weapon, and a few months back I wrote in this column of him being the X factor in the Sea Eagles challenge for title number eight.

I reckon a good many Sea Eagles fans are feeling the same way about T Rex now. The big man is quietly spoken, but determined to do well for his team mates who have had a lot to do with his rapid improvement. In my four decades and a bit at the club I haven’t seen a tougher or closer knit team. They will bleed for each other, but more importantly play for each other and their coach.

They are definitely capable of anything in the weeks ahead.

I don't think anyone doubted his potential and just about everyone wanted him moved in the forwards before he finally was but as usual with Des, timing seems to be perfect.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2