T-Rex re-signs for 2 years

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Darren said:
I can't see how much people rave on about him. If he is as great as mentioned here, surely an nrl club would snap him up. Rodney is a bit different as he chose to go there, Farrar was literally let go. If he is in 1st grade we will go backwards!

same was probably said of joe & rodney prior to coming to manly

I heard a rumour that farrar was always expected back, we couldn't hold him due to salary cap at the time. Not confirmed though

Jonesyv2 said:
I heard a rumour that farrar was always expected back, we couldn't hold him due to salary cap at the time. Not confirmed though

i heard this too

tookey said:
Can anyone confirm that t-Rex hasn't got a get out clause after one year?

Can anyone confirm that t-Rex has even re-signed with Manly? This needs to be known as fact before we can ask if he has or hasn't got a get out clause.

Daniel said:
Jonesyv2 said:

i heard this too

me three

Jethro said:
tookey said:

Can anyone confirm that t-Rex has even re-signed with Manly? This needs to be known as fact before we can ask if he has or hasn't got a get out clause.

Daniel said:
Jonesyv2 said:

i heard this too

me three

If T-Rex does sign with us (he is off now) i can confirm there will be no get out clauses when Des leaves.

Jethro said:
tookey said:

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/trex-answers-call-of-the-premiers-and-signs-up-for-another-two-years-20111015-1lqd7.html

Some of the posters on here would prefer he signed elsewhere anyway if past posts are any indication.

Ceagle said:
Jethro said:
tookey said:

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/trex-answers-call-of-the-premiers-and-signs-up-for-another-two-years-20111015-1lqd7.html

But can we believe the article author? Other than the headline, nowhere in the article does it say that he actually signed the contract only "agreed to a new two-year deal to remain on the northern beaches". Remember people, this is the same SMH reporter who a couple of weeks ago raised all of our hopes by giving us this article headline "Hasler set to sign new deal with Sea Eagles" and then several hours later knocked us off of our feet with another article titled "Des Hasler to join Bulldogs in 2013".

Jethro said:
tookey said:

Daniel said:
Jonesyv2 said:

i heard this too

me three

This was common knowledge when Farrar left. Both he & the club made it publicly known. There were articles on it but dont ask me for a link.

Jethro said:
Ceagle said:
Jethro said:
tookey said:

But can we believe the article author? Other than the headline, nowhere in the article does it say that he actually signed the contract only "agreed to a new two-year deal to remain on the northern beaches". Remember people, this is the same SMH reporter who a couple of weeks ago raised all of our hopes by giving us this article headline "Hasler set to sign new deal with Sea Eagles" and then several hours later knocked us off of our feet with another article titled "Des Hasler to join Bulldogs in 2013".

Oh no.

From what you are saying, it is very hard to know what is true and what is not.

This of course can be a painful lesson to learn, but it is a very important one.

The Whole Truth said:
Jethro said:
Ceagle said:
Jethro said:
tookey said:

From what you are saying, it is very hard to know what is true and what is not.

Correct. I would rather hear from an official release from the club to say that T-Rex has signed but I won't hold my breath waiting for that to happen as we are still waiting for their statement that Matt Orford signed with Manly when he left the Storm and the only confirmation that we had was when he actually ran onto the paddock dressed in Manly kit. Maybe we will have to wait for T-Rex to do the same.

Farrar was still on contract until end of next season and we only let him go for this season due to cap pressures. Good to have him back.

For me side next season will be

1. Snake
2. Oldie
3. Matai
4. Killer
5. Wolfie/farrar/whare
6. foran
7. DCE
8. Kite
9. Ballin
10. King
11. Choc
12. TRex
13. Glenn

14. Buher (hooker/backrow/outside back cover)
15. Joe
16. Lussick
17. a long list.

Vic only got a run when others were injured. Is Darcy had not got suspended and Kign was fit Vic would not of been in 17 for GF. But in saying that he did well and could force his way into a spot above other guys.

Cunningham should feature a bit next season also.

17/10/2011 2:47 PM

http://www.sportal.com.au/league-news-display/t-rex-stays-at-brookie-143129

"I’m really pleased to be re-signing with the Sea Eagles," Williams said on Monday.

"The last few months have been the best of my career and a lot of that comes back to the work I have been putting in under the guidance of the coaching staff at Manly and the support of my teammates."

Berkeley_Eagle said:

"I’m really pleased to be re-signing with the Sea Eagles," Williams said on Monday.

"The last few months have been the best of my career and a lot of that comes back to the work I have been putting in under the guidance of the coaching staff at Manly and the support of my teammates."

He is actually quoted as saying he signed the contract - he found the pen!! :) :) Now pass that pen around to guys like Cherry Evans, Foran and the Stewies!
With him being only 22, i thought we might have offered a 3-4 year deal?

Berkeley_Eagle said:

That's the most promising article so far that I've seen. Thanks B_E. At least it has quotes from the man himself (hopefully). When do they leave Australia for the four nations comp? At least then we should be able to get official confirmation that he has signed. Call me paranoid if you want but with the things that have gone on lately around our club, I think that I am entitled to be a bit.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4