T-Rex must go

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He's huge and is so young. I don't doubt he could be one of our best in the future and I'm happy to stick with him. At this stage of his development and his current defensive capabilities I see the wing as the right place for him.

dont worry he is going back to parramatta hes best mates with luke burt and foi foi so stop knocking the guy because he will run straight over wolfy and robbo next year...

I must admit that I have bagged him a few times this year but those stats are very interesting.  He just needs more confidence in his own abilities and will prove to be an asset.

I have to say I'm not a big fan of stats. I can generally see who contributes to the workload and who doesn't by simply watching the game. IMO stats only tell a small part of the story. None of the stats will tell you what I described in my original post. However, the fact that I saw it with my own eyes tells me something else. There is no need for me to repeat what I thought of it.

I guess if I had to simplify it down to a single word it would be enthusiasm. T-Rex is simply not an enthusiastic player. Does that come with age and experience? Maybe. Although I would have thought that a youngster trying to carve a career for himself hardly needs any motivation for enthusiasm.

To compare him with Robbo with regard to meters gained is a tough call. They are completely different styles of wingers. One is a classic finisher and the other a "brute force" type of player. If T-Rex showed as much enthusiasm and heart as Robbo then I can assure you he would make a lot more than double the metres gained as well.

At times this season T-Rex has shown glimpses of what he can do.There were also times this season that I thought the Wolfman would struggle to get his spot back when fit.  If the Wolfman was fit now I would be rushing him back into the side.

George is that because he beats your favourites by so much but seems to have no heart? Stats are evidence of what he is doing

Shane link said:
George is that because he beats your favourites by so much but seems to have no heart? Stats are evidence of what he is doing

Shane, apart from the obvious who are my favourites?

Whatever his stats are I can tell you by watching him that his stats do not match his potential. Put another way - he's under achieving. If he's currently making 100m per game then he should be making 200, irrespective of other players stats.

Stats only show what a player has done, they don't show what he can or should be doing. TRex is an enigma to me, such a big talent with such a Pea heart.

Gorgeous George link said:
[quote author=Shane link=topic=183793.msg270588#msg270588 date=1277777225]

Shane, apart from the obvious who are my favourites?

Whatever his stats are I can tell you by watching him that his stats do not match his potential. Put another way - he's under achieving. If he's currently making 100m per game then he should be making 200, irrespective of other players stats.
[/quote]

My guess would be the 2008 team as are mine,however with T Rex i dont think its his heart,i think its his confidence,on the field theres 15 guys who look like they belong there,Bailey is a moron and T Rex just seems to feel as if his on the outer,his body language suggests his not so sure of himself,its bloody annoying for us because we have seen how much he can be devastating when he winds up

I think we need to pay dell a few hundred bucks to have a chat to this chap because Dell should be merely a shadow of this Behemoth and comparisons of Dell and T Rex should be a joke at Dell's expense

When he does get wound out,he sends kids flying,its just annoying he doesnt get wound up enough,besides he is on the wing and doesnt get enough ball as it is

Stats suck, dont allow any presonal grudges to be shown properly.

He is our biggest metre eater and getting bagged for not doing enough...??

Bag him for the right reasons - bad reads in defence, alck of confidence.

mr seagles link said:
dont worry he is going back to parramatta hes best mates with luke burt and foi foi so stop knocking the guy because he will run straight over wolfy and robbo next year...

Is any of your info ever anywhere close to the mark ? Am yet to see evidence of it

He's got a great combination with Lyon, he can give Tony the ball with some space and defends really well with him. Yes he needs to hit the line harder but this is the real world were players don't go at 100% for the entire game. I freaking love Tony :-*

Tony gets my vote especially with Lyon on the inside passing to him 20 or 30 metres out.  A try almost every time. 

Stats only show what a player has done, they don't show what he can or should be doing. TRex is an enigma to me, such a big talent with such a Pea heart.

"Stats are a bit like a mini skirt, look good, but hide the best bits" I once heard a former NRL 1st grade coach say

The only pea hearts are those heros sitting behind a keyboard bagging those playing the toughest game of all.

I think maybe the reason we judge him so harshly is because he has so much potential. It is a much bigger letdown to see him pass to the fullback to bring the ball back. If Robbo did it we wouldn't bat an eyelid.

A few seasons ago I bagged him big time (Sorry that was in the other place) but quite a few will remember me being scathing of him. Over the last couple of seasons I really changed my mind about him to the point now when really he is a good player that will only get better with experience.

Still work in progress but he will get there & hopefully it will be with Manly.

:)

Jerry1 link said:
A few seasons ago I bagged him big time (Sorry that was in the other place) but quite a few will remember me being scathing of him.

I would also bag him to no end. He has improved dramatically since then, but still has so much more to go. On the wing, however, I think we have seen all he has (or all he wants) to offer. He needs to be a second rower.

You cant even really bag him for his defence VS Penrith,he was strangely paired with Whare while still trying to gain confidence
in his defensive abilitys,Personally i would have switched the
centres around having Whare inside Robbo and Matai inside T Rex

Naa, he shouldn't be benched/replaced yet.
He has a certain intimidation factor which adds a little alone.
But he does need to pick it up a bit more often.
I'd like to see him inject himself with good hard runs where possible a bit more.
Hopefully Des has worked out a good plan with him and we see some good, honest performances from him on the field over the next couple of months.

Shane you are completely correct.  I too noticed this positional weirdness at Penrith, and I'm sure Penrith did as we all saw.  I just don't understand Des at times.  Didn't he notice what was happening and adjust?  No.  I happen to like Big Tony on the wing.  He's scored many tries other players, i.e David W, wouldn't have.  And closing down Sutton at the Souths game was an excellent defensive play.  It won us that game, along with the strong try he scored.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4