T-Rex is useless

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

codewana

Reserve Grader
What a loser. Responsible for two roosters tries now. 

Unlike some of you, I'd love to have him playing against us every week - guaranteed a gap in the defensive line.

codewana link said:

Unlike some of you, I'd love to have him playing against us every week - guaranteed a gap in the defensive line.

Our problem is that he's not a back.

Ryan link said:
[quote author=codewana link=topic=186963.msg324951#msg324951 date=1300596742]

Our problem is that he's not a back.
[/quote]

He's not a forward either

I'm not his biggest fan, either, but I have to stand up for the bloke and say he's definitely not useless. He can be a very damaging runner and he scores a lot of tries. What's certain is that he's a useless CENTRE. He really has no idea. So, either we stick him on the wing (where he's more likely to be adequate) or in the forwards. No idea how he'd go in the pack, but I suspect he wouldn't exactly by a tireless worker . . .

Ron E. Gibbs link said:
I'm not his biggest fan, either, but I have to stand up for the bloke and say he's definitely not useless. He can be a very damaging runner and he scores a lot of tries. What's certain is that he's a useless CENTRE. He really has no idea. So, either we stick him on the wing (where he's more likely to be adequate) or in the forwards. No idea how he'd go in the pack, but I suspect he wouldn't exactly by a tireless worker . . .

true Ronnie maybe Wolfman may be a better option in the centres

I will agree, was not his best game but am not going to be calling for his head.

Can Oldfield play centre, or will he also be playing out of position ?

Definitely agree centre is not his position, we always looked to be scrambling in defence when the roosters sent it wide. Wish we had Farrar at the moment, you could always count on him no matter where he was playing.

Hopoate was outstanding for me at centre, very, very impressive

Williams was average today, but after a win like that stuff the negative stuff for a night

Williams isn't a centre and doesn't know what lines etc to run. However I guess he hasn't trained there and those issues could be fixed with coaching.

However he still needs to up his work rate. As for Hoppa - I thought he looked quite good.

Hoppa has something that T-Rex will never - a football brain.
Hoppa knows where to stand in attack and defense, what lines to run etc. Unfortunately not something you can coach.

Wormald link said:
Hoppa has something that T-Rex will never - a football brain.
Hoppa knows where to stand in attack and defense, what lines to run etc. Unfortunately not something you can coach.

Classic, wormald.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Hopoate was outstanding for me at centre, very, very impressive

Williams was average today, but after a win like that stuff the negative stuff for a night

Hopoate Centre: Backrow rotation of Choc, Rodney, Stewart & Matai. I DARE anyone to provide a better one.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6