T-Rex back in frame for Blues

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Masked Eagle said:
The Who said:
Who has the final say on his fitness, Manly or Ricky Stuart?
Can the club refuse to release a player due to fitness concerns, or can this be overruled?

A club can't rule a player out of origin. If they pick him it will be up to the NSW doctor to rule him out. If the club says he isn't right to play and doesn't front up he will be suspended from playing that weekend anyway. I suppose the interesting thing here is we have the bye that weekend which is a bit unprecedented in this type of scenario.

that would just mean he gets the standard Manly loading and suspended for 4 games instead

Can anyone show me where Stuart has demanded he play ? Just said to be considered for the game he needs to be lacing his boots up this weekend, which is fair enough

Kiwi Eagle said:
Can anyone show me where Stuart has demanded he play ? Just said to be considered for the game he needs to be lacing his boots up this weekend, which is fair enough

From his appearance on NRL on Fox I got the same conclusion.

T-Rex worth a pack of cattle dogs

With Glenn Stewart ruled out of the upcoming Origin decider, NSW coach Ricky Stuart should take a gamble on his injured Manly teammate Tony Williams.

The giant back-rower resumed running last week but was not named by Sea Eagles coach Geoff Toovey to make his return this weekend from a back injury sustained in Origin I.

However, even if Williams does not play against Sydney Roosters at Allianz Stadium on Sunday, the 23-year-old strike forward remains the best option that Stuart has to replace Stewart.
Advertisement: Story continues below

Williams was outstanding in his brief appearance off the bench in Origin I - his first match since being suspended for a dangerous throw in Manly's round-three loss to Cronulla.

Despite having not played for almost 10 weeks due to his seven-match ban, a bye and being stood down from club duties the weekend before the Origin series opener at Melbourne's Etihad Stadium, Williams had a huge impact off the bench.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/trex-worth-a-pack-of-cattle-dogs-20120621-20r08.html#ixzz1ySlefwc3

Toovs wont risk him... no way. He's too important to the Manly side. We need him making 10 tackle busts in the G/F not hobbling around with back pain for the rest of the season. He's only played 3 bloody games this year - injuries have really hurt the team and suspensions - but now is the most important time of the season after Origin. If Manly can get a full squad on deck, get their combinations going and fitness up and head into the finals with an injury free side and momentum - we are going to be very hard to beat!

He is a valuable player no doubt.

What happens if he doesnt play this weekend but is named next weekend?

I would pick him for NSW

He won't get picked. If they don't pick Gifty then Ryan Hoffman will get the nod I rekon he is playing some great footy and has played 13 origins.

The Eagle Has Landed said:
He won't get picked. If they don't pick Gifty then Ryan Hoffman will get the nod I rekon he is playing some great footy and has played 13 origins.

Maybe Hoffman can get out there and unscrew a few Qld heads from their necks like he gets away with on a weekly basis.

I'd pick T Rex this weekend so at least we get 1 more game out of him before he goes off to origin and gets re-injured, suspended or some exotic tropical disease.

mickqld said:
The Eagle Has Landed said:

Maybe Hoffman can get out there and unscrew a few Qld heads from their necks like he gets away with on a weekly basis.

Well said. I can't stand the way Melbourne tackle - definitely coached that way. Arm bars, choke holds, trying to rip shoulders out of sockets! I wish they would penalize the 3rd man who comes in all the time, just to chop the players legs and slow the tackle up. Just play like Manly an try to bash it out on your feet! It's a joke

Trex was great today. That chip over the top for Matai was all class. He will come back to haunt us next year when we play the Dogs.

Toovey pleased with Williams' return

Manly Sea Eagles coach Geoff Toovey believes the late inclusion of Tony Williams was just the boost his side needed as they cruised to a 52-14 victory over the Sydney Roosters at Allianz Stadium.

Speaking after the game, Toovey revealed that the decision on Williams wasn’t made until the morning of the game.

Read more @ http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/Toovey-pleased-with-Williams-return/57880

T-Rex was committed for the full game yesterday - great to see he is putting into action what he was saying in the Manly Daily on Saturday.

--------
I want to play, pleads Williams
Rugby League23 Jun 12 @ 12:15am by Peter Peters

Tony Williams says he is ready to play after his back injury.
TONY Williams wants to do his talking on the football field, starting at Allianz Stadium tomorrow against the Roosters.

Williams told me his back injury was close to being OK and the decision to play was up to coach Geoff Toovey.

"If he wants me to play I am ready to go," Williams said. "I want to play with the boys. I want to go out of my time with Manly with another premiership.

"It is important to me to show the team I want to give my all for them for the rest of the season."

Williams has played three matches this season before being suspended. He injured his back during his comeback for NSW on May 23,
wants to return to the field tomorrow.

"The club doctor will give a report to the coach and I'm confident he will say I'm ready to play," Williams said. NSW coach Ricky Stuart .

Stuart has said he would consider "T-Rex" for the Origin decider on July 4 if he played tomorrow. Which leaves Toovey in a tough place. With Glenn Stewart injured, Williams would give his side a boost.

Williams admitted it was tough leaving Manly for the Bulldogs next season.

"They have taken me from a promising player to a premiership and international player and I will never forget that," Williams said of Manly."

True to his word :angel:

HappilyManly said:
T-Rex was committed for the full game yesterday - great to see he is putting into action what he was saying in the Manly Daily on Saturday.

--------
I want to play, pleads Williams
Rugby League23 Jun 12 @ 12:15am by Peter Peters

Tony Williams says he is ready to play after his back injury.
TONY Williams wants to do his talking on the football field, starting at Allianz Stadium tomorrow against the Roosters.

Williams told me his back injury was close to being OK and the decision to play was up to coach Geoff Toovey.

"If he wants me to play I am ready to go," Williams said. "I want to play with the boys. I want to go out of my time with Manly with another premiership.

"It is important to me to show the team I want to give my all for them for the rest of the season."

Williams has played three matches this season before being suspended. He injured his back during his comeback for NSW on May 23,
wants to return to the field tomorrow.

"The club doctor will give a report to the coach and I'm confident he will say I'm ready to play," Williams said. NSW coach Ricky Stuart .

Stuart has said he would consider "T-Rex" for the Origin decider on July 4 if he played tomorrow. Which leaves Toovey in a tough place. With Glenn Stewart injured, Williams would give his side a boost.

Williams admitted it was tough leaving Manly for the Bulldogs next season.

"They have taken me from a promising player to a premiership and international player and I will never forget that," Williams said of Manly."

True to his word :angel:

T-rex coming back for us yesterday def made a huge difference, by far the best 40 minutes we have played since last year in the first half! T-rex,Choc & skivvy all tore it up, Its going to be a damn shame seeing trex playing in doggies colours next year...

The Rex looks super fit , aggro & involved - the 3 ingredients that potentially make him the most destructive attacking weapon in the comp.
On that performance noone can knock his dedication to Manly.
As for SOO his inclusion is a no brainer imo, particularly if they are comparing him to Hoffman - what a joke.
The big guy made a decision & put it on the table , unlike others , so he deserves everyones support until 2013 - then we can hate him with a passion.

He's going to be a big loss next year. Just provides so much impact, and that's hard to replace.

I hope Ricky starts him in SOO3, or at the very least gets him into the game early.

Every team needs an enforcer like that. With Lussick & Williams going next season, it leaves us a little soft. Who's going to take on that role?

Watmough, Harrison, G Stewart are great, but not dominant (fearsome) types. They are skilled, defensive all rounders.

There will be a massive hole left by Williams.

Ryan said:
Every team needs an enforcer like that. With Lussick & Williams going next season, it leaves us a little soft. Who's going to take on that role?

Watmough, Harrison, G Stewart are great, but not dominant (fearsome) types. They are skilled, defensive all rounders.

There will be a massive hole left by Williams.

I thought wanted Trex to sit on the pine for the rest of the season champ??
You haven't changed your mind after yesterday have you??

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6