T-Rex and Lussick in Sun Herald

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Disco said:
Gutherson will be replacing Snake or one of the other youngsters.

No way Whhare is hanging around 3 or more years to replace snake.

He will either make another position his own or move on.

IMO Whare should get a spot on the wing then move in to the centers whenever Matai or Lyon leave.

Good player to have on the books if Snake does the unexpected & leaves, however.

At the risk of being mocked..
I have a reliable source that says Lussick to Parra is a done deal as of this afternoon.

Also, that the Eels have a verbal agreement with Ryan Hinchcliffe.

Tony Williams to stay at Manly, as his asking price was too much for Parra.

Believe me if you want..

JohnB_32 said:

That does not make sense, Manly wouldn't have more money to offer Trex then Parra do.

torana355 said:
JohnB_32 said:

That does not make sense, Manly wouldn't have more money to offer Trex then Parra do.

Makes all the sense in the world- any one in their right mind would be seeking severe overs to go and play with the eels. Alternatively, he stays for a lesser amount with the club that has given him representative and premiership honours.

Manly may be trying to convince T-rex to activate his one year option in the view that he will receive a much bigger contract the year after when a couple of the older forwards come off contract. Unless the offers elsewhere are outrageously high, it may be in his best interests to sacrifice some money next year in order to stay at the club with a strong roster and the guarantee of a big contract the following year.

Interesting reading this morning , The Sydney Morning Herald rekons its a certainty that T-rex is going to parra an to expect an annoucement soon as he will link with former parra player Will hoppa etc. Daily Telgraph paper says T-rex could command up to 500K with a big game tonight and that he is also good mates with brett stewart who is in negotiations with manly Brett does not want to leave just wants an improved offer, it then says re-signing one would go along way in keeping the other at brookvale.

Spose time will tell I guess..

That article, by Josh Rakic, contains a glaring mistake. It says: Williams is set to link up with former Sea Eagles teammate Will Hopoate next season . . .

Next season? Hoppa won;t be at Parra until 2014. If this journo can't get simple facts like this straight why believe anything he writes?
If Hoppa is cutting short his Mormon mission by one year and joining Parra early then THIS IS THE STORY!

The full article, plus another Manly related one on Shane Shackleton also from SMH...

T-REX ON MOVE

Tony Williams's return to Parramatta in 2013 is all but a certainty. With Manly struggling to retain a plethora of stars following the re-signings of Kieran Foran and Daly Cherry-Evans, and ongoing negotiations with fullback Brett Stewart, Williams is set to link up with former Sea Eagles teammate Will Hopoate next season at the club where it all started for the giant. Expect an announcement soon.

SHACK TO FUTURE

And as one Eel prepares to return to the cave, another is trying to depart. Coincidentally, it's Williams's club Manly who are trying to lure Shane Shackleton to the northern beaches. Told by Parramatta coach Steve Kearney he was unwanted earlier this year, Shackleton has killed it in NSW Cup and will be the first player selected for the NSW Residents team to play Queensland before Origin III. He approached the club for a release but Kearney knocked it on the head given his NSW Cup form for Wentworthville and told the former Rooster to bide his time. Guess Kearney must be waiting until he loses a few more NRL games before he injects one of a few in-form players.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/no-celebrity-walkups-for-blues-just-stars-on-field-20120522-1z3am.html#ixzz1vec6ANns

G'Day MadMarcus.
The SMH have rehassed those two stories, Shackleton asked for a release to sign with Manly about 4weeks ago (SMH papers),the story with Rex they first ran just after Kieran resigned, I think it was last week when it was reported that Parra are chasing SBW with the money they had set aside for T-Rex.

Yeah saw that article, but no other sources on the net. It certainly looks like another rehash, and no sources or references. So I'd flag this as another unconfirmed rumour.

latest rumour is that t-rex has agreed to terms with the dogs but is giving manly untl round 13 to come close to their offer.

Some Nuff Nuff emailed 2sm saying Rex, darcy and Jorge are all off to the eels

JohnB_32 said:
At the risk of being mocked..
I have a reliable source that says Lussick to Parra is a done deal as of this afternoon.

Also, that the Eels have a verbal agreement with Ryan Hinchcliffe.

Believe me if you want..

my mail is the only way Trex can stay is if Snake doesnt resign. No room in the cap for both. I also heard that Parra offered him more than what the Dogs did. Dont know how much that is ?

Eagle1188 said:
G'Day MadMarcus.
The SMH have rehassed those two stories, Shackleton asked for a release to sign with Manly about 4weeks ago (SMH papers),the story with Rex they first ran just after Kieran resigned, I think it was last week when it was reported that Parra are chasing SBW with the money they had set aside for T-Rex.

Shackleton another victim of facebook.

Cameron said:
Stewart is more important than trex. Imo

I agree, i just wish they could get all the re signings out of the way, good or bad so we can concentrate on the footy. I think we will lose Ballin and Trex.

It doesn't look good regarding T-rex, but the club has always sounded pretty confident about securing the majority of our players. After all the drama of negotiations so far I won't believe any press reports until they are official.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6