T-Rex and Lussick in Sun Herald

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
My mail is your right Ernie. Lussick signed several weeks ago.

Not so sure about TRex.

If they are throwing that amount of money around they would be crazy not to take it. Lussick brother is playing lower grades at Parra so he probably go. TRex has been there and left and I cant understand why they want him back after he left - Parra are their own worst enemy.

Lussick with forever be known as the player who never played in a winning grand final.

tookey said:
Lussick with forever be known as the player who never played in a winning grand final. The parra forum have t-rex already signed with the dogs

I reckon Lussick has actually been pretty handy the last few weeks. He's just a young forward trying to prove he's not going to intimidated, playing that way comes with mistakes. When he matures on the field he'll still be a helluva player if you ask me.

No doubt in my mind that any player who stays with us will be knocking back larger offers from elsewhere. I'd love to keep them all, but I think its been fairly remarkable we've managed to lock up those we have already.

T-Rex is the one that suprises me people saying he is set to sign with Parra. A couple of weeks ago we heard he has a house on northern beaches, told team mates he wanted to stay, he only wants to play for Manly. Now he is set to sign with parra. :dodgy: hope not!

Some one can correct me or let me know but didnt he have something in his contract were he had to activate the clause to negotiate for the last year running on it... if he didnt that means he is contracted for that last year ? There is no doubt he would activate it regardless to get more money wether it be with us or someone else, Maybe he has done so and it has not gone public or anything. I could be totally wrong though???

Haz88 said:
didnt he have something in his contract were he had to activate the clause to negotiate for the last year running on it... if he didnt that means he is contracted for that last year ? There is no doubt he would activate it regardless to get more money wether it be with us or someone else, Maybe he has done so and it has not gone public or anything. I could be totally wrong though???

As far as I know T-Rex is contracted to the end of this year with an option in his favour for 2013. I would think that means its at his discretion as to staying on at Manly or taking up an offer elsewhere from the end of this season.

Lussick has a lot of potential, but he has to be pretty low on the priority list for us to be honest.

If he's just thinking about it financially, he should only go to Parra if they offer him a long deal. Playing with Parra can be financially rewarding in the short term, but I think everyone knows by now that it will kill a player's career and future earning capacity in the long term.

Thanks Jatz!

Hears hoping he stays on !

I agree MadMarcus , I am a lussick fan and beleive he can really be a good footballer down the track , more so if he stays with us as look at the people he has to learn from !! But he is not high up on the prority list , and really he could of signed on a while ago when manly tried to hold talks, if he really wanted to stay the option was there for him instead he wished to wait and see who else was going to stay and what direction the club was going. There are by far more important players to worry about than Lussick and ones which have spent a lot longer at the club than him and loyal players at that.

MadMarcus said:
Lussick has a lot of potential, but he has to be pretty low on the priority list for us to be honest.

If he's just thinking about it financially, he should only go to Parra if they offer him a long deal. Playing with Parra can be financially rewarding in the short term, but I think everyone knows by now that it will kill a player's career and future earning capacity in the long term.

Lussick should take the money short term and then come back to us in say 2 years time when kite and possibly King will retire. And Hoppa can come back in 3 years time and replace snake as full back.

tookey said:
MadMarcus said:

Lussick should take the money short term and then come back to us in say 2 years time when kite and possibly King will retire. And Hoppa can come back in 3 years time and replace snake as full back.

They will also be a fair bit cheaper after spending a few seasons in the blue and gold showcasing their wares

I wouldn't like to see Hoppa back. Whare can replace Snake when, and if he ever retires. I value loyalty.

Haz88 said:
T-Rex is the one that suprises me people saying he is set to sign with Parra. A couple of weeks ago we heard he has a house on northern beaches, told team mates he wanted to stay, he only wants to play for Manly. Now he is set to sign with parra. :dodgy: hope not!

Some one can correct me or let me know but didnt he have something in his contract were he had to activate the clause to negotiate for the last year running on it... if he didnt that means he is contracted for that last year ? There is no doubt he would activate it regardless to get more money wether it be with us or someone else, Maybe he has done so and it has not gone public or anything. I could be totally wrong though???

I remember what you are thinking of, I think it was Ernie who said it, that he signed a 2 year deal with us, with a clause to renegotiate his salary at the end of year 1

Gutherson will be replacing Snake or one of the other youngsters.

No way Whhare is hanging around 3 or more years to replace snake.

He will either make another position his own or move on.

Thanks KE. Either way i just hope he stays lol.

Gutherson looks like a good prospect, got to have a look at him the other day. Could be good for us down the track , must have a decent boot on him aswell that shot from half way to try tie the game up against the chooks wasent bad shame it just went wide.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4