t-rex and farrar

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

chrisos

Reserve Grader
Im trying now to look at the positives,i think t-rex did step up today he was much better on the wing than in the centres at least if hes on the wing he wont get as caught out as playing centre in making bad defensive reads,farrar was solid and hardly put a foot wrong ,played well,but of course all we hear about is Hayne and how magic he is blah blah blah,i think we have shown enough in the past two weeks we will be capable of beating sides if we stay switched on for 80 minutes,only beaten by 4 points both weeks,and today we were robbed and the other tries they scored came off the back of 3 penalties and i guess just a lucky try for the length of the field one they got,anyway i still think we can bounce back and start to win games,we arent looking all that bad BUT FFS boys the game goes for 80 not 60 minutes,thoughts?

One thing I noticed about t-rex was he chased down Hayne during that 100 metre try.  Sure, he missed the tackle badly, but I didn't expect him to catch him like that. 

Farrar looks more dangerous returning than Robbo ever did and T-Rex is showing a huge improvement from last year. If he stays on the wing he just has to watch for drifting in away from the sideline. They are in their right spots for mine.

How about T-Rex smashing Tahu and getting called for a knock on !!! I knew we were in for a tough day with the ladies in pink from that point on but didn't expect the level they reached in the 2nd half

Kiwi Eagle link said:
How about T-Rex smashing Tahu and getting called for a knock on !!! I knew we were in for a tough day with the ladies in pink from that point on but didn't expect the level they reached in the 2nd half

Just one of those days.. Shayne Hayne is a DISGRACE!

ManlyBacker link said:
Farrar looks more dangerous returning than Robbo ever did and T-Rex is showing a huge improvement from last year. If he stays on the wing he just has to watch for drifting in away from the sideline. They are in their right spots for mine.

I agree..

I think T-Rex got a lot more confident today, especially from Farrar handing him the ball, good move by both of them.  Just get Williams involved and he'll come up a whole lot better than sitting on the wing and waiting for that pass just in front of the tryline.

The Gronk link said:
One thing I noticed about t-rex was he chased down Hayne during that 100 metre try.  Sure, he missed the tackle badly, but I didn't expect him to catch him like that. 
Hayne is prettty slow, Perry caught him as well.

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=The Gronk link=topic=182750.msg255899#msg255899 date=1269155843]
Hayne is prettty slow, Perry caught him as well.
[/quote]

Hayne should have pretended that he was being chased again by 3 carloads of boys from the notorious gang shooting at him because that night he would have beaten sain Bolt for the olympic gold medal he was runniggn so fast.

lol that made me laugh seaeagle8,anyway i was feeling very confident and calm when the ball was kicked or given to farrar,he seemd pretty bloody safe,im happy to see des persist with him at FB for now keep t rex on the wing for now too,lyon and matai are a much better defensive pairing.

What I don't get it is why T. Williams dived to tackle hayne??? He had him covered and would have easily tackled him ball and all in another 5 or 6 metres?

williams was much better with lyon inside and touchline outside.earned another chance on wing for sure but please not centre.side looked to have good balance today in backline.robinson is struggling,looks slow.apparently has niggling injury.if he cant shake it off iether hoppa or whare goes in and we have solid team that may sneak into 8 if they toughen up mentally.

farrar was very solid.

susan ridgepipe link said:
williams was much better with lyon inside and touchline outside.earned another chance on wing for sure but please not centre.side looked to have good balance today in backline.robinson is struggling,looks slow.apparently has niggling injury.if he cant shake it off iether hoppa or whare goes in and we have solid team that may sneak into 8 if they toughen up mentally.

farrar was very solid.

Considreing all the disruptions, Des deserves a massive tick to get any semblance of flow with that backline today.

Whos Robinson ?  8)

Proper halves and proper centres make a difference aswell.

If Des needed convincing that Hodkinson can handle it he doesn't worry any more, and on debut he didn't look nervous or out of place in the top grade.

Farrar was good at fullback. I believe Lyon is best suited at centre.

Overall considering we were supposed to get smashed the team put in a very good performance for much of 80mins.

Some positives and with more gametime the youngsters will hopefully gel.

Have we finally found a halves combination that's been missing for a couple of years?

I thought Hokko was great. A true halfback is what we need - leave Foran at 5/8th and let Hokko do all the organising.
A few huge tackles as well, wasn't shirking the dirty work.

I thought that Hodko was good today as well but he seemed a little bit quieter than what he normally is for the Sunshine Coast.  I don't know whether he was told to sit back a little bit and let Keiren & Jamie do more of the organising or what was the go there or maybe it was just a bit of stage fright because he wasn't used to the team or the grade but with more time in the top grade he should settle in quickly and then we should really see what he has to offer.

And Pepi, he always tackles well and doesn't shirk any dirty work.

I think Foran was had more of the first receiver/kick options than Hokko today, but hopefully it gets reversed.  I like what i saw.

Jethro link said:
I thought that Hodko was good today as well but he seemed a little bit quieter than what he normally is for the Sunshine Coast. . .
He wasn't too quiet, scored a try and set up the one for Cross with a delicate kick. He will be a real asset for us as he gets used to the pace of NRL. I think he'll get better & beter very quickly. Good signs.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7