Sydney club CEOs to meet to discuss proposal to shift matches to Allianz Stadium and ANZ Stadium

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
IT may be the historic meeting that injects $30 million a season to be shared into the coffers of every Sydney-based NRL club.

The Daily Telegraph has been told of a special conference today between the nine Sydney CEOs to discuss the financial benefits of taking games away from suburban grounds for city's two main arenas, Allianz and ANZ.

Read the full article

Zordean Reters (can his head get any bigger before it explodes?) trying on another sly dig at Manly at the end there.

He still hasn't gotten over being the only Gooster supporter at Forestville Public School back in the late 70s/early 80s.

Manly have to move some games regularly from next season. We drew plenty of maroon at the recent dogs game. I think SFS is a better fit for us though mainly for locality.

If 3-4 games at SFS gets us $3million then why not, as long as it does not stop council funding of Brookie and the decision is by way of members vote and not by person/board

Berkeley_Eagle said:
If 3-4 games at SFS gets us $3million then why not, as long as it does not stop council funding of Brookie and the decision is by way of members vote and not by person/board
The club cannot move more than 2 games without the approval of football club members because of the preference share in mwse ltd

I was of the understanding no more than 2 home games could be moved away from Brookie without the approval of the Football Club, which would require a Football Club members vote.

Perhaps Vidmar, or anyone closely associated to the Football Club, could confirm or deny this

Cameron said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
The club cannot move more than 2 games without the approval of football club members because of the preference share in mwse ltd

Then get it.

I mean if we need to move a couple of more games for a season or two to secure our future just do it.

bob dylan said:
Cameron said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:

Then get it.

I mean if we need to move a couple of more games for a season or two to secure our future just do it.
I disagree if we move games it will hamper our chances of getting brookvale upgraded.

Despite what the state government are saying we will get funding from an Abbott federal government late next year.

I worry about who will decide the matches that warrant moving from Brookvale? Do you reckon the NRL would consult us, the fans?
No way.
They would certainly want to take our matches with The Storm to a bigger venue, which is NOT what we want.
This proposal, to me, is the think edge of the wedge. We need to be very wary of conceding more home games than we already do.

I have some tiger repellent for sale as well Cambo, seems you believe anything so i will take your money.

8 games at brookie would theoretically mean a 20% reduciton in revenue from the season tickets so its not a net $3 million gain, probably closer to $2 million on ticket sales. Will that also mean sponsors drop 20% for less exposure? I would guess so as the 2 other stadiums already have their own sponsors.

So net gain for 4 games a year (based on their $3 million estimate which is probably high) would be closer to $1.5 million, still not bad.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Proposal was move Sydney based teams games so Manly v Parra, Dragons, tigers Roosters for example

A smokescreen: You can bet the NRL would want us to move our two blocbuster matches with Melb and Brisbane away from Brookie also.

Fluffy said:
I have some tiger repellent for sale as well Cambo, seems you believe anything so i will take your money.

8 games at brookie would theoretically mean a 20% reduciton in revenue from the season tickets so its not a net $3 million gain, probably closer to $2 million on ticket sales. Will that also mean sponsors drop 20% for less exposure? I would guess so as the 2 other stadiums already have their own sponsors.

So net gain for 4 games a year (based on their $3 million estimate which is probably high) would be closer to $1.5 million, still not bad.

If you have tiger repellent, are you an onseller, just curious how much you paid

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Proposal was move Sydney based teams games so Manly v Parra, Dragons, tigers Roosters for example

Would be ok to play the Sydney Teams at ANZ - get more Corporate Functions there and more experience for the GFs. The SFS is very dated in its level of Catering.

Out of Sydney Teams have no volume of Supporters so it would be logical to play those Teams at Brookie to let the locals experience live games.

Either SFS or Olympic Park Transport for the new Thursday to Monday Schedules have to be massively improved though :exclamation:

The Gold/Silver Season Tickets will drastically reduce though for each Sydney Team. But maybe the Corporate Revenue will offset our $440 per anum.

The continued delay in announcing the Game schedules have to be addressed ASAP as well.

Cameron said:
bob dylan said:
Cameron said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:

Then get it.

I disagree if we move games it will hamper our chances of getting brookvale upgraded.

Despite what the state government are saying we will get funding from an Abbott federal government late next year.

Cam I know you have a lot of man love for Tone, but when you start believing politicians promises, from any side of politics in any country in the world, its time to reassess your thought processes.

PS I hope like hell he delivers but I wont believe it until the money is in the bank and the upgrade is going ahead.

And as a side note if/when he gets in next year you are aware no doubt once he is sworn in he wont just be writing out cheques. You cannot claim we will have the money for the upgrade late next year, we may well not even get it in the first budget. It could be 2, 3 or 4 years into the governments term, I am like you hoping for it asap though.

It is particularly sickening when you consider the Government (along with the AFL and RAS) have just spent $65-Million on upgrading the Showground for fumbleball.

The Who said:
It is particularly sickening when you consider the Government (along with the AFL and RAS) have just spent $65-Million on upgrading the Showground for fumbleball.

And add the $86m the state govt and $50m the federal govt and givign towards the SCC redevelopement. The SCC trust should be funding the whole lot and money spread to other venues in sydney such as brookie oval

I seem to be in the minority here but to me Brookie is critical to Manly's identity.

I'm happy to take the odd game away as we have in recent seasons. I even think it is a good idea to take big matches away from time to time if we can't fit everyone in to Brookie. But I think people underestimate just how much we will lose by taking a significant pecentage of our games to another ground such as the SFS.

We don't want to be like the Bulldogs playing at Homebush in front of a crowd of 8,000. I think that is a big part of their identity crisis.

Cameron said:
bob dylan said:
Cameron said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:

Then get it.

Unlikely to happen. Abbott has promised it in the past and hasn't delivered, the budgets at a federal and state level are going to be extremely tight for a while and the last thing a govt will do is spend money in a seat they don't have to because they've already got it in the bag.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6